Pro Bowl results discussion

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
youngchew":jhybbe37 said:
How did Russell Wilson make the Pro Bowl?

He's 16th in the league in total passing yards (3,357), he's 32nd in the league in passing yards per game (only 209), 9th in touchdowns with 26.

Wilson is a darn good QB, and a great kid both on and off the field. But his numbers this season are kinda middle of the pack, not really probowl worthy.

That's some good stat cherry picking.

Wilson also has the most wins of any QB in his first 2 years, and his YPA was 8.25 (Manning had 8.31 for reference).

youngchew

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":yydiipak said:
youngchew":yydiipak said:

He's 16th in the league in total passing yards (3,357), he's 32nd in the league in passing yards per game (only 209), 9th in touchdowns with 26.

Wilson is a darn good QB, and a great kid both on and off the field. But his numbers this season are kinda middle of the pack, not really probowl worthy.

Wilson also has the most wins of any QB in his first 2 years, and his YPA was 8.25 (Manning had 8.31 for reference).

yards per attempt...but I'm stat cherry picking? isn't total yards, average yards per game, touchdowns, and completion percentage a lot more important than average yards per attempt? you didn't even use average yards per completion, which says a lot more. average yards per attempt could just mean he threw a lot of bombs downfield which may have gone incomplete.

and as far as the most wins of any qb in his first 2 years thing goes, ya think maybe some of that has to do with Seattle having the #1 defense in the NFL? Seattle's D gives up the fewest points in the league, only 14. Seahawks defense also leads the NFL in turnovers with 39, so Wilson and the Seahawks offense sees a lot of short fields.

If Nick Foles had started the season, he probably bumps Wilson out.

anywho, its all good man. I'm a Wilson fan, he seems like a humble dude. But his numbers weren't all that eye-popping, and I was surprised he made the pro bowl.

But I guess this is the wrong place for that kind of discussion :mrgreen:

Marvin49

Reaction score
youngchew":1kjzcswo said:
Sarlacc83":1kjzcswo said:
youngchew":1kjzcswo said:

yards per attempt...but I'm stat cherry picking? isn't total yards, average yards per game, touchdowns, and completion percentage a lot more important than average yards per attempt? you didn't even use average yards per completion, which says a lot more. average yards per attempt could just mean he threw a lot of bombs downfield which may have gone incomplete.

and as far as the most wins of any qb in his first 2 years thing goes, ya think maybe some of that has to do with Seattle having the #1 defense in the NFL? Seattle's D gives up the fewest points in the league, only 14. Seahawks defense also leads the NFL in turnovers with 39, so Wilson and the Seahawks offense sees a lot of short fields.

If Nick Foles had started the season, he probably bumps Wilson out.

anywho, its all good man. I'm a Wilson fan, he seems like a humble dude. But his numbers weren't all that eye-popping, and I was surprised he made the pro bowl.

But I guess this is the wrong place for that kind of discussion :mrgreen:

Not gonna argue the Wilson thing one way or the other, but in my opinion YPA is far, far more important a stat than YPC. YPA is the average yards he gets every single time he throws the ball. Year after year the best QBs in the NFL rank the highest in YPA.

You don't seem to understand the way its calculated either. A deep pass that is incomplete counts as 0 YPA. YPA is simply Yards / Attempts.