Pretty Much What We Expected, No?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2zf207z3 said:
Rat":2zf207z3 said:
chris98251":2zf207z3 said:
But what about the Non Catch to Lockett, I am sure Buck is still trying to get that reviewed :)

It might not have been a catch. If the tables had turned, I would have wanted to challenge it. I think there was a good argument for both sides.

McCarthy gave another good lesson on why you don't waste your timeouts early in the second half. Some things are really tough to see live and you need those challenges. Even if we got away with something, I'm not apologizing for it.

The guys in Green Bay chat said the exact same thing about Time outs. Just another wasted timeout pretty much a couple of times and then the inability to challenge as you may actually need the TO at the end of the game. Interesting how things change but stay the same.

They showed one angle where you could see the ball touch the ground and move. But it would have been a close call. With the new rules, where you don't have to maintain control going to the ground, would they say he had possession when he hit the ground and was therefore down a that moment? If so, it was a catch. It didn't move until after he hit the ground. Also in light of the David Moore catch being called complete, which I really thought was going to be called incomplete, challenging the Locket catch would have been very risky, especially with one time out.

JGreen79

Reaction score
olyfan63":2wk0go68 said:
JGreen79":2wk0go68 said:
This is the kind of win that can turn a season around.
I wouldnt say it's Rams in 2004 or Bears in 2012. But it's probably the most galvanizing win since Steelers in 2015.

Why not say it's as good as the Bears win in 2012? THAT was a galvanizing win. Led by Russell the rookie. THIS was a galvanizing win. Our defense led this one, with the power running game sealing the deal and creating time and space for Russell to complete key passes.

We have such a TOUGH schedule this year. Still have KC and Carolina to cope with. The young guys are "getting it". What a great win. In hindsight we might well look back at this as a galvanizing win in a playoff season. Let's see how things go against KC and Carolina.

The Bears game was on the road against an 8-3 team with a Seattle team that was 0-6 on the road at the time. I look at those Bears and Rams games as franchise changing wins.

I really hope this win will go that route, but I think its more of just a season changer. Once this team does it on the road against a solid team, everything will change.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
nanomoz":28wcmuqp said:
We certainly got all the calls. It was weird. Kudos to the offensive line. Shutting the game down with the run like that is so great to see.

Meh, refs missed some blatant holds from their offensive line

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Speaking of calls, anyone think the Packers should have been flagged for false start on the Jones TD catch. On the Moore play that was over-turned and ruled a catch, if he hangs into it he only had 1 guy to beat didn't he to turn that into a 93 yard TD?
As for the d-line calling out our cadence leading to the false starts, is that no illegal? Or one of those things it's never caught and it's up to our line to figure it out.

justafan

Reaction score
olyfan63":3mdjtjlm said:
JGreen79":3mdjtjlm said:
This is the kind of win that can turn a season around.
I wouldnt say it's Rams in 2004 or Bears in 2012. But it's probably the most galvanizing win since Steelers in 2015.

Why not say it's as good as the Bears win in 2012? THAT was a galvanizing win. Led by Russell the rookie. THIS was a galvanizing win. Our defense led this one, with the power running game sealing the deal and creating time and space for Russell to complete key passes.

We have such a TOUGH schedule this year. Still have KC and Carolina to cope with. The young guys are "getting it". What a great win. In hindsight we might well look back at this as a galvanizing win in a playoff season. Let's see how things go against KC and Carolina.

I hope you are right about being a galvanizing win. It very well could be. Beating Aaron is never an easy thing to do regardless of their schedule.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":bbmy86if said:
niveky":bbmy86if said:
chris98251":bbmy86if said:
But what about the Non Catch to Lockett, I am sure Buck is still trying to get that reviewed :)

I was puzzled that he kept bringing that up. To me, he had control all the way through and it looked like it only bobbled around from hitting the ground, so obviously protected by the new rule.

100% agree. Not sure why this is much of a debate. Given the nature of the new rule in regards to what constitutes a catch, that was a catch. I believe Mike's people told him as much from the booth, hence why it wasn't challenged.
It was clearly a catch without a doubt..He cradled it to the ground and yes it moved
above his arm without ever touching the ground.The only thing I got from watching it is
Buck needs to put his glasses on and shut the hell up instead of trying to create some
drama sounding like the Hawks got lucky again.I cannot stand to listen to the guy who
only got the tv gigs because of his daddy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely as expected, a close tough fought game. The team is better than some think and as well not yet as good as we’d like it to be. For a rebuilding team they looked pretty good at times and like a rebuilding team at others.

Watching early game Russell, and then late game Russell were two different stories and the DBs certainly didn’t have a great game as when he had any time to throw Rodgers picked them apart and made them look weak. In the second half the D was winning at the LOS and not giving that time to an incredibly talented QB. The pass rush was fun to watch, in the 2nd half the DBs were also better too, several of the 5 sacks were coverage sacks. Wilson is talented, but he’s not Rodgers yet, but close at times without a doubt. If we could get 2nd half Wilson all game he’d be the best in the NFL.

It is hard to remember they aren’t the former DB crew at times but Rodgers would have caused the LOB fits too. In the end I was pleased with the 2nd half play of the whole team. Wilson got his act together and our running game was simply special.

I hope this win which was fought for mightily and deserved is a watershed moment for the team to now go on a multi-game tear beating Carolina, Minnie, and even KC. I truly expect the final three divisional games, tough as they always are, to all be Ws.

A couple of Ws in a row now will make the season, especially Ws against Carolina and against Minnesota. Most of the games to go are now all must win contests.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Up and down all year, exactly what many of us expected. Although, the running game success and how good this team is becoming is a surprise. Especially the running game, did not see that coming at all.

sc85sis

Reaction score
chris98251":3h546aij said:
Made up for the uncalled blatant hold on GB’s second TD.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":hztk2eig said:
chris98251":hztk2eig said:
Made up for the uncalled blatant hold on GB’s second TD.

In any game, there are going to be calls made and missed. Many of them. Most of the time they don't seem to matter much. Except in close games.

And even then, fans of either side will cite missed calls on their team and not consider missed ones for the other.

There were plenty of missed holds on Seattle on some of our bigger runs. And let's not forget that crappy hold call on GB on that 50 yard kickoff return. We'd have come unglued if that call was on us negating a big Lockett return.

I didn't think Lockett's catch would have stood up to review. However it was plain to see how in real time that would have been ruled a catch. That was on GB for coaching scared. Something that has become an all too familiar hallmark of McCarthy's tenure there.

You know Pete would have challenged that in a heartbeat if the situation was reversed.

This game was exactly as expected. Two very close competitors familiar with one another. And deliciously dramatic -- complete with referee drama.

Barthawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":24x5g5ti said:
It was good to get a win vs GB. They kind of pushed us around the last 3 times we played them (including a 38-10 shellacking in Lambeau).

Including the playoffs, we have now won our last 4 at C Link vs the Pack.

Really happy to see Russ not have any picks/lost fumbles. He has been a turnover machine against them.

Exactly. Russ has been great except when the games have mattered late this year. Two pick 6 and two strip sacks in the 4th.. lost em all.

C'mon Russ.. ove you man.. 30m gotta get 1/2 those.

Latest posts