Preseason schedule released

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cartire":1rmkp6zm said:
I mean honestly. We play the AFC west this year. Is it really nessacary to play them during preseason as well? I would actually like to know the real reason we play them year after year after year.

All about the travel miles. It's pretty simple.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1gjm4828 said:
Cartire":1gjm4828 said:
I mean honestly. We play the AFC west this year. Is it really nessacary to play them during preseason as well? I would actually like to know the real reason we play them year after year after year.

If the league doesn't care about 10am starts, then why would they care about travel miles during preseason? They still have to board a plane regardless. They have no problem pairing Chicago with us this season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":3ilt9zez said:
HawkFan72":3ilt9zez said:
Cartire":3ilt9zez said:

If the league doesn't care about 10am starts, then why would they care about travel miles during preseason? They still have to board a plane regardless. They have no problem pairing Chicago with us this season.

Why does it matter to you who we play in the pre season? Nobody is giving us their "A" game and we aren't giving ours either, so why does it actually matter who we play in non counting games?

12thMan

Reaction score
FINALLY...we get the 2nd and 3rd preseason games at home. As a season ticket holder, it seemed like we always had the 4th preseason game at home when the starters only play 1 series and done. It's a lot easier to cough up $185 a ticket to see the best that both teams have to offer for at least 2 quarters of the game.

TXHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2po3b35j said:
It will be interesting to see how much that Denver defense has changed with all their new additions-- Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward, DeMarcus Ware, and a healthy Von Miller. On paper, that's a formidable front five with Miller, Ware, Williams, Knighton, and Jackson. The Seahawks' new offensive line should get a good early test from that Denver defensive front.

It's the first preseason game. I doubt either team will play their starters more than a couple of series. We'll get to see an epic matchup between Brock Osweiler and Tavaris Jackson most of the game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3uzrdalr said:
Odds Denver plays their starters for 60 minutes game one of the preseason?
Why.... didn't they get embarrassed enough playing against the #1 in the SB?
Imagine how it would feel if they played their 1st team against the Seahawks 2nd & 3rd teamers....and LOST AGAIN :16:

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
kidhawk":1d3u0uf6 said:
Cartire":1d3u0uf6 said:
HawkFan72":1d3u0uf6 said:
Cartire":1d3u0uf6 said:

Why does it matter to you who we play in the pre season? Nobody is giving us their "A" game and we aren't giving ours either, so why does it actually matter who we play in non counting games?

I care because I still enjoy watching the games regardless of preseason or not. I care because we play the AFC west this year, and I would have liked to see other teams we don't play. I care because I f'n hate playing the raiders every friggin year because I think they are a horrible team that makes a meaningless game even more meaningless.

And I hate the raiders.

Hate.

The.

Raiders.

I hate their colors. I hate their insignia. I hate their fans.

I hate playing them every single year, the last game of the preseason. I hate it.

Seafan

Reaction score
Maxman186":19hyi3u2 said:
i think Tjack is gonna have a good Preseason

I'm actually looking forward to watching BJ Daniels play. It will be interesting to see if the Hawks can turn him into an NFL QB.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Can't wait for preseason week 1 when Manning over thinks himself again with dummy cadences against our defense.
Manning: "Okay guys. Disregard the audibles..... Ready! Fat Montana!! Dirty Namath!! Omaha!....
Hold up..... O m.... <bleep>!!"

jake206

Reaction score
Seahawks will have a big ole bullseye on their back. Hate to say it, but to the rest of the country, Seahawks are the bully. Other pre- seasons might have been blah. But this season, Seahawks will be the barometer to which to rest of the NFL will measure themselves against. Better believe that the Broncos defense will have that Seahawks game circled with a red pen. Cuz they got humilated on National TV. Manning might play it safe, but the rest of the Broncos are pissed. Expect a lot of cheap shots and many penalty flags. :thfight7:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
12thMan":3fby73jp said:
FINALLY...we get the 2nd and 3rd preseason games at home. As a season ticket holder, it seemed like we always had the 4th preseason game at home when the starters only play 1 series and done. It's a lot easier to cough up $185 a ticket to see the best that both teams have to offer for at least 2 quarters of the game.

$185 for preseason!?? Who's fleecing you?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The Seahawks play three of their four preseason opponents in the regular season. That's the kind of extra preparation that could benefit a team as well coached as the Seahawks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jake206":6utlkv5d said:
Seahawks will have a big ole bullseye on their back. Hate to say it, but to the rest of the country, Seahawks are the bully. Other pre- seasons might have been blah. But this season, Seahawks will be the barometer to which to rest of the NFL will measure themselves against. Better believe that the Broncos defense will have that Seahawks game circled with a red pen. Cuz they got humilated on National TV. Manning might play it safe, but the rest of the Broncos are pissed. Expect a lot of cheap shots and many penalty flags. :thfight7:
This won't happen in the preseason....in the regular season at home vs. the Donkeys, now that could be a different story.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I think it's quite funny three of the opponents are also regular season opponents. If those six combined games go in favour of the Hawks, I could see the experts scrambling to ask 'do PS/JC know something we don't?' Cue more panic amongst the ranks of the establishment - then 2015 preseason suddenly gets more competitive.

Well, it could happen - there are enough people still saying the Donkeys beat themselves in XLVIII...

drdiags

Reaction score
I figured the Seahawks would play a couple of the AFC West teams but didn't think they would have 3 of them on the pre-season schedule. It just seems to me playing a regular season opponent in the preseason is close to playing a division rival in the preseason. Thought the NFL tried to avoid having regular season opponents play in the preseason?

Gives the Broncos fans a chance to spew their venom at the team that beat them in the Superbowl, so that has to be worth something to folks. Too bad it wasn't the 3rd game just to get a barometer on what to expect in the regular season. Preseason games may be glorified practices, but don't tell that to Elway.

NINEster

Reaction score
49ers opened the 2012 preseason vs the Vikings at home only several weeks before playing them in Minnesota.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
I think it's incredibly poor form on the NFL's part to schedule the two Super Bowl contestants as a pre-season game the following year. :141847_bnono: The suspense of the SB rematch should be built up leading into the regular season, not watered down by a meaningless preseason game. The tendency for both fans and talking heads is to reference the last game played between the two teams. Yes, even when that game was a pre-season game. You will hear things to the effect of "Tonight! A rematch of last year's Super Bowl Matchup! (followed by) These two teams already met earlier in the preseason this year, what can we draw from that game, ____________?" We should be hearing, "Tonight! A rematch of last year's Super Bowl Matchup! Last time these two met, the Seahawks dismantled the best offense in NFL history en route to their 1st Super Bowl as a franchise. Will tonight be more of the same, or has Denver done enough to catch Seattle?" Of course there will be many folks accurately dismissing the pre-season game as meaningless, but it still takes away some of the luster and focus of the real rematch.

To illustrate my point: imagine if boxers or MMA fighters coming off championship bouts had nationally televised sparing sessions with one another prior to a rematch. It would reasonably diminish the build up to big fight.

I was very disappointed when I saw this. The rest of the matchups, as many have said, are so old news they don't measure at all on the intrigue meter. :thcoffee: