Predicting the 53 man roster.

nitticanuck

Reaction score
This may change week to week moving thru preseason with any possible injuries but if all goes well what is the opening day roster. Bruce is out of course to start season

I figure 25 offense. 25 defence and 3 special teams

My prediction

QB: 1) R Wilson 2) T jack.

RB: 1)Lynch 2)Turbo 3)C. Michael

FB: 1)Robinson

TE:) 1)Miller 2)L Wilson 3)McGrath

WR: 1)Rice 2)Tate 3)Baldwin 4)S Williams 5)Kearse 6)Harper

LT: 1)Okung 2)Bailey LG: 1)Mcquistan 2)Carp CENTER: 1)Unger 2)L JP. RG: 1)Sweazy 2)Moffit RT: 1)Giacomini 2)Bowie.

DT: 1)Mebane 2)McDaniel 3) Hill 4)J Williams
DE: 1)Big Red 2)Clemons 3)Avril 4)Bennett 5)Howard
Will LB: 1)kJ Wright 2) Lotulelie
MLB: 1)Wagner 2) Bradford SAMLb: 1)Smith 2)Schofield (Bruce when back)
CB: 1)Sherm 2)Browner 3)Winfield 4)Thurmond 5)Maxwell 6)Lane
FS: 1)Thomas 2)Maragos SS: 1)Chancellor 2)J Johnson

P:Ryan LS:Gresham K:Hauschka

Of course our defensive line and linebackers will be playing multiple positions, IMO this lineup allows for a strong player always backup in case injury plus provides an awesome speedy special teams
My question marks all back up linebackers
SAM Will MLB? Bruce will be backup SAM when back
Tackles? 6 Receivers? Backup Strong and Free Safety
3rd TE.

themunn

Reaction score
it took me a good 2 minutes to realise you meant Michael and Robinson and not Michael Robinson.
Sitting here thinking "does he really think our top draft pick isn't going to make the team"

I'm almost completely in agreement on offense, I think the only wildcard is Rishaw Johnson, who may or may not make the team at the expense of one of the others.

On defense, I agree, the big question is at linebacker. Another 2 preseason games will help us out, but Benson Mayowa (whose name is also too awesome to cut) could make a big push over McDaniel (who I don't think will make the team) or Lotulelei.
Wright, Wagner and Bradford are the only 3 I have as locks for linebacker, the other (probably 3) spots are wide open.

Still a battle between Wiggs and Hauschka.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin is just suspended for 4 games, he still counts against the 53 unless he goes on IR/PUP, in which case the earliest he can return is week 6, and then he'd have to serve the 4 game suspension at that time anyway. Just saying.

themunn

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2d6v37n2 said:
Bruce Irvin is just suspended for 4 games, he still counts against the 53 unless he goes on IR/PUP, in which case the earliest he can return is week 6, and then he'd have to serve the 4 game suspension at that time anyway. Just saying.

No he doesn't, the reserved/suspended list doesn't count against the active roster.
I don't know who we added to the roster when Guy got suspended last year, for example, but we definitely waived Deon Butler to make room for him to come back.
Same with Browner, we placed Thurmond on IR to make room for him to come back on the team
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... dcard-game

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Based on the Chargers game I'd like to see Coleman on the 53, probably at the expense of a guard or tight end.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
themunn":31nni0wf said:
Lady Talon":31nni0wf said:

No he doesn't, the reserved/suspended list doesn't count against the active roster.
I don't know who we added to the roster when Guy got suspended last year, for example, but we definitely waived Deon Butler to make room for him to come back.
Same with Browner, we placed Thurmond on IR to make room for him to come back on the team
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... dcard-game

ah my bad then, carry on.

McG

Reaction score
I say way too early to tell. This thread should be re-hashed the week after the 3rd game. With that said, I hope we can pick up a good TE that gets cut somewhere or a starting quality OLB.

Sidenote-@OP you may want to spread out the names of the players or list by position/real name, because that was very hard to read.

sutz

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1t91v2or said:
Irvin is not eligible for PUP. He would have had to be on PUP in the pre-season to be eligible for the start of the regular season.

hawk79

Reaction score
Agree with everyone except not sold on J. Williams. Unless he vastly improves in pre-season, he may be a practice squad player who will need to develop. If Mayowa continues to shine in pass rush situations, I could see him possilby making the team espeically if Clem can't go week one. It would also give them flexibility when they allow him to return.

seahawks875

Reaction score
Here's my predictions
QB
1. Russell Wilson
2. Tarvaris Jackson
RB
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Christine Michael
5. Robert Turbin
6. Spencer Ware
7. Michael Robinson
WR
8. Sidney Rice
9. Golden Tate
10. Doug Baldwin
11. Jermaine Kearse
12. Stephen Williams
TE
13. Zach Miller
14. Luke Willson
15. Sean McGrath
O-Line
16. Russell Okung
17. Alvin Bailey
18. Paul McQuistan
19. James Carpenter
20. Max Unger
21. Lemuel Jeanpierre
22. JR Sweezy
23. John Moffitt
24. Breno Giacomini
25. Michael Bowie
LEO
26. Chris Clemons
27. Cliff Avril
28. Benson Mayowa
1 TECH
29. Brandon MeBane
30. Jordan Hill
3 TECH
31. Jesse Williams
32. Michael Bennett
5 TECH
33. Red Bryant
34. Jaye Howard
SAM
35. Malcolm Smith
36. O'Brien Schofield
MIKE
37. Bobby Wagner
38. Allen Bradford
WILL
39. KJ Wright
40. John Lotulelei
CB
41. Richard Sherman
42. Brandon Browner
43. Antoine Winfield
44. Walter Thurmond
45. Byron Maxwell
46. Jeremy Lane
S
47. Earl Thomas
48. Chris Maragos
49. Kam Chancellor
50. Jeron Johnson
LS
51. Clint Gresham
K
52. Steven Hauschka
P
53. Jon Ryan

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Hawks just keep 2 TE's this year (Miller and Willson) and 6 WR's, since they might conclude the 6th wide receiver on the roster is a better player than the 3rd TE. I could see the Hawks running less 2 TE sets this year, and therefore the need to keep 3 TE's on the roster is reduced.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3fz9ousk said:
I'm wondering if the Hawks just keep 2 TE's this year (Miller and Willson) and 6 WR's, since they might conclude the 6th wide receiver on the roster is a better player than the 3rd TE. I could see the Hawks running less 2 TE sets this year, and therefore the need to keep 3 TE's on the roster is reduced.

I would doubt they have only 2 TEs. Because of PC's run-the-ball approach, he needs more bulk on the line. A TE injury or two would seriously hamper this game plan, in my view.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
My sleeper pick would be Lotulelie. I remember Lofa Tatupu's first preseason game. Not nearly as impressive as Lotulelie

Yes he is small and not in the mold of NFL MLB, but blows plays up. this kid was flying around on D and special teams. Even when he made the wrong choice he was destructive. Just seems like one of those guys that will be a star. I hope not someplace else.

My 'over rated' pick WR Stephen Williams. Yes he made a couple big plays, but 1 on 1 with no safety help and T jack dropped a gift on him twice. We need big and physical. He is big, but he has to play special teams too. Did anyone notice in camp if he can still get off the line in press?

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think we're going to keep 5 WRs. I'd really like to see Coleman make the team. He's an excellent special teams player.

ErikG803

Reaction score
QB (2) - Wilson, Jackson
RB (3) - Lynch, Michael, Turbin
FB (2) - Robsinon, Ware
WR (5) - Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, Williams
TE (3) - Miller, Willson, McGrath
OT (10) - Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Sweezy, Giacomini, McQuistan, Jeanpierre, Johnson, Bailey, Bowie

Offense - 25

DE (4) - Clemons, Bryant, Avril, Bennett
DT (5) - Mebane, McDaniel, Hill, Howard, Williams
OLB (4) - Smith, Wright, Schofield, Lotulelei (Irvin when back)
ILB (2) - Wagner, Bradford
CB (6) - Sherman, Browner, Winfield, Thurmond, Lane, Maxwell
S (4) - Thomas, Chancellor, Johnson, Maragos

Defense - 25

LS - Gresham
K - Hauschka
P - Ryan

Special teams - 3

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
lukerguy":1zdqsn0e said:
I think we're going to keep 5 WRs. I'd really like to see Coleman make the team. He's an excellent special teams player.

With Harvin on PUP, I'd be surprised if we only kept 5. Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Kearse are locks. I can't see us only keeping Williams or Harper, especially when we spent a 4th on Harper.

But when Harvin comes back, it will be interesting to see the roster moves...

General Manager

Reaction score
seahawks875":1slj0fz9 said:
Here's my predictions
QB
1. Russell Wilson
2. Tarvaris Jackson
RB
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Christine Michael
5. Robert Turbin
6. Spencer Ware
7. Michael Robinson
WR
8. Sidney Rice
9. Golden Tate
10. Doug Baldwin
11. Jermaine Kearse
12. Stephen Williams
TE
13. Zach Miller
14. Luke Willson
15. Sean McGrath
O-Line
16. Russell Okung
17. Alvin Bailey
18. Paul McQuistan
19. James Carpenter
20. Max Unger
21. Lemuel Jeanpierre
22. JR Sweezy
23. John Moffitt
24. Breno Giacomini
25. Michael Bowie
LEO
26. Chris Clemons
27. Cliff Avril
28. Benson Mayowa
1 TECH
29. Brandon MeBane
30. Jordan Hill
3 TECH
31. Jesse Williams
32. Michael Bennett
5 TECH
33. Red Bryant
34. Jaye Howard
SAM
35. Malcolm Smith
36. O'Brien Schofield
MIKE
37. Bobby Wagner
38. Allen Bradford
WILL
39. KJ Wright
40. John Lotulelei
CB
41. Richard Sherman
42. Brandon Browner
43. Antoine Winfield
44. Walter Thurmond
45. Byron Maxwell
46. Jeremy Lane
S
47. Earl Thomas
48. Chris Maragos
49. Kam Chancellor
50. Jeron Johnson
LS
51. Clint Gresham
K
52. Steven Hauschka
P
53. Jon Ryan

I agree with that list except for Jesse Williams i'm not convinced he deserves a spot yet we'll see.