Predict 2022 Win / Loss record

nwHawk

Reaction score
10-7, and a lot of excitement to finish the season. I hope people sleep on Seattle.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
7-10. Our offensive line is improved, as is the RB. Drew Lock has a loaded offense surrounding him and can have a fresh start with us. The Seahawks have built the offensive personnel for him to prove himself as a legit starting QB.

Our defensive personnel fits perfectly with our new defensive scheme.

So, we will win enough games to not being able to trade up for the top-2 QBs in next year's draft. Maybe we can land a couple of stud defensive players in the 1st round next year.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Hmmm... I wonder what the highest pick has ever been for a Super Bowl winning team who would usually be only picking 32nd in the first round.

I'll say 7-10 this year. RBs and stronger OLine may just dominate the TOP, making (whoever is) QB's job much easier.
Washington had the No 4 pick in 1992 as Super bowl champions not sure if there has been anything higher than that. Though there is no way we are going to win the SB this year. A much more likely and fun scenario is if Miami do it. Miami are a decent team and if the 49ers ship Garapollo and then find Lance is a bust, maybe with a injury to Samual they could end up with a top 3 pick.
Regarding us I am hoping this draft is a redo of 2011 but it is too early to tell. It wasn't James Carpenter or even John Moffitt that made the 2011 rookie class a success, it was KJ , Sherman and Baldwin who were picked in rounds 4, 5 and post draft and noone expected to be a star at the time. The media at the time slated the Seahawks drafts of 2011 and 2012 and it will be at least 6 months before we get an inkling of how good this years picks are.
I am a little worried we sign an RB in Round 2 it makes me think Carson is likely to not be fit next season.
As for prediction 5-12. In the long term the best result is Lock or Geno (probably both) having a nightmare but the rest of the team showing promise and we end up with a top 3 pick then we get a franchise QB without having to give away more draft picks, though in the short term that would be very painful.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
A full season of Geno as the starting QB is nightmare fuel.

If you say that 'Geno is the starting QB' then you have to start cackling and with laughter dripping with evil finish the phrase with '...and there is nothing you can do about it!"

Because pretty much any sane Seahawk fan will wake up in a cold sweat from that nightmare. The guy wasn't good enough to be a terrible QB on a terrible Jets team. He won't be anything but barely average here, and most of that will be our OC working magic with smoke and mirrors.

Locke is not great, at all but Geno is some kind of horrible prediction. Not even sure I would wish that on Niner fans, much less us.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Washington had the No 4 pick in 1992 as Super bowl champions not sure if there has been anything higher than that. Though there is no way we are going to win the SB this year. A much more likely and fun scenario is if Miami do it. Miami are a decent team and if the 49ers ship Garapollo and then find Lance is a bust, maybe with a injury to Samual they could end up with a top 3 pick.
Regarding us I am hoping this draft is a redo of 2011 but it is too early to tell. It wasn't James Carpenter or even John Moffitt that made the 2011 rookie class a success, it was KJ , Sherman and Baldwin who were picked in rounds 4, 5 and post draft and noone expected to be a star at the time. The media at the time slated the Seahawks drafts of 2011 and 2012 and it will be at least 6 months before we get an inkling of how good this years picks are.
I am a little worried we sign an RB in Round 2 it makes me think Carson is likely to not be fit next season.
As for prediction 5-12. In the long term the best result is Lock or Geno (probably both) having a nightmare but the rest of the team showing promise and we end up with a top 3 pick then we get a franchise QB without having to give away more draft picks, though in the short term that would be very painful.

Thanks for that piece of data, Jegpeg. Can you imagine winning the SB, then turning around and having a top-5 pick? Talk about wealth of riches!

No, I don't think we'll be winning it all this year or next, but it sure is fun to start over with few expectations and lots of hope. Even if you think 5-12 this year.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I want to see the schedule before I make any predictions.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm going to Go 9-8.
This team isn't on the level of what 2010 or 2011 was- both of which went 7-9. I think they will start slow. 4-5, then finish 5-3 as they hit there groove. Won't be a playoff year but will be a major step forward for the team.

I think we'll see the defense play better due to scheme and we'll see the emergence of our young budding stars in Jordan Brooks and Darrell Taylor, and hopefully a couple of these rookies will be key contributors on defense. I think the OL will take a major step forward and our running game will keep up in games.

The QB- hopefully Lock---I really don't see any upside to start Gino as we know who he is, I think it's best to discover what we've got in Lock. If Lock performs close to his rookie year (extrapolated over full season= 64% comp%, 24 TD's, 10-INT, 3,500 yards) I think if he put up these kind of numbers we'll be in a lot of games.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Right now I'd set the over/under at 6.5 wins. That has plenty of time to change (up or down) over the next couple of months as we finish rounding out the roster.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think 5 to 7 wins is our range if we do indeed go with Geno and Lock. If I had to guess without looking at our schedule I would lean towards 5-12.

GemCity

Reaction score
7-10. Our offensive line is improved, as is the RB. Drew Lock has a loaded offense surrounding him and can have a fresh start with us. The Seahawks have built the offensive personnel for him to prove himself as a legit starting QB.

Our defensive personnel fits perfectly with our new defensive scheme.

So, we will win enough games to not being able to trade up for the top-2 QBs in next year's draft. Maybe we can land a couple of stud defensive players in the 1st round next year.
It would be bananas if Lock ends up being the man and we don’t need a QB in the draft. Everyone’s picking Shroud and Young to go quick assuming they come out.

But, if you’re not familiar with him, check out Will Levi’s. I’d be stoked to nab him. Way too early obviously but…

nanomoz

Reaction score
Weak schedule. So I think 6 or 7 wins is doable. But with a strong finish trending upward.

toffee

Reaction score
  • I just checked out Duane Brown's PFF history, he didn't become good till his 3rd year. His first year in '08 was 6 penalties and 11 sacks, second year 8 penalties and 7 sacks; third year 5 penalties and 5 sacks; fourth 3 penalties and ZERO sack.
    It took our all pro LT 3 years to learn and excel in year 4. We just drafted a pair of bookends, and it will take time for them to mature also. 2022 is going to be ugly, for our OL. A necessary evil for future excellency.
  • Our new RB will be exciting, he is ready to rock in day one.
  • Our passing game will be at best mediocre with Geno or Lock; and with two Tackles learning their crafts.
  • Our defense will be learning a new system.

With all that said, I predict 4-6 wins.

Latest posts