POSSIBLE SEAHAWKS / JETS TRADE?

OP
OP
J

jackflash50

Reaction score
Hawker 84, didn't say you ripped me. I was just pointing out you commented on wanting an unproven Flynn. No worries. Even if you had I have thick skin. Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

Revis is a Jet for 1 more year then gone. Jets would rather get something for him then nothing. Contact says he cannot be franchised.

I know this would never happen. As I said, it was a thought.

benbu75

Reaction score
The Seahawks have arguably the best secondary in the league. They don't need Revis. Putting Browner in the nickel is a BAD idea. He is too long and would get smoked by slot receivers. It also puts the Seahawks in a bad position financially. The next couple years have some significant paychecks coming up. While we can afford it now, we can't afford it in 2-4 years and that is something that has to be considered.

hawker84

Reaction score
jackflash50":2kzgohjl said:
Hawker 84, didn't say you ripped me. I was just pointing out you commented on wanting an unproven Flynn. No worries. Even if you had I have thick skin. Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

Revis is a Jet for 1 more year then gone. Jets would rather get something for him then nothing. Contact says he cannot be franchised.

my apologies, read it wrong... i think Flynn would be a very solid starter, but he is unproven... and the fact that a 3rd round rookie beat him out only drops his trade value more...

CANHawk

Reaction score
jackflash50":34ikptm0 said:

Just because you're thinking outside the box doesn't mean that you need to do your thinkin' inside a giant bag of peyote.

The Radish

Reaction score
I had to go back and read that again to be sure.

You actually said Seahawks and Sanchez in the same sentence??

You need a new drug dealer cause the shit you're getting ain't cuttin it!

:141847_bnono:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'd rather have Flynn than Sanchez. And I'm pretty harsh on Flynn.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Four great reasons to do this:

1. It takes pressure off of Russell Wilson that he might lose his starting spot to his backup.
2. Pete Carroll has familiarity with Mark Sanchez.
3. Darrelle Revis is an elite cornerback, which would help solidify a position of obvious need for the Hawks.
4. Think of all the time Schneider would save during the offseason looking for free agents because all the cap space has been used on Revis and Sanchez.

I have put a lot of faith in the current front office. However if this deal doesn't get done I'm not sure I can continue to respect Carroll and Schneider.

The Outfield

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2ax64dip said:

1. It takes pressure off of Russell Wilson that he might lose his starting spot to his backup.

I'm not sure that's exactly a good thing. Maybe Russell performed better given the fact that he had such pressure on him?

IBleedBlueAndGreen":2ax64dip said:
I have put a lot of faith in the current front office. However if this deal doesn't get done I'm not sure I can continue to respect Carroll and Schneider.

Over simply one possible trade route? Many things could affect the possibility of this trade not occurring. To me, that says you don't have much faith in them to begin with.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
The Outfield":330b70am said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":330b70am said:

I'm not sure that's exactly a good thing. Maybe Russell performed better given the fact that he had such pressure on him?

IBleedBlueAndGreen":330b70am said:

Over simply one possible trade route? Many things could affect the possibility of this trade not occurring. To me, that says you don't have much faith in them to begin with.

Are you kidding me? Did I really need the sarcasm emoticon on this one? Come on Outfield, be better than that.