Portland Trailblazers

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Bell had 16 rebounds, 4 blocks, 13 pts in a losing effort. Great deal. Gotta get him.

Bell didn't come out declare this year?

m0ng0

Reaction score
and he did not box out on 2 CRITICAL free throw attempts in the last few seconds, i did not see the whole game but what little i saw looked ok.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Nice work dropping the last game. It was meaningless. The Blazers get picks 15, 19 and 23.

John Collins small forward
Ivan Rabb back up center
Caleb Swanigan power forward

CPHawk

Reaction score
Atradees":1my4d2ul said:
Nice work dropping the last game. It was meaningless. The Blazers get picks 15, 19 and 23.

John Collins small forward
Ivan Rabb back up center
Caleb Swanigan power forward

I'd take that draft. Rabb Fd himself by waiting a year, he would have been a top 10 guy more than likely last year.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Seems like a great draft for the Blazers with all the pg and g going early. I know there are no guarantees in the NBA. I feel Collins would make a great counter to good shooting guard play with his inside game and still coexist w Nurcik.

In Swanigan I see a Zach Randolph back to the basket power forward.

In the first and last picks those two may be available.

Rabb could be that guy sharing back up center and powerforward duties.

I've read many mocks and it's really surprising some have portland picking guards and even a point guard. A lot of them suggest portland will go euro stash player and I have to say that's never panned out for them in talent aquisition. Perhaps it's a combo of luxury tax questions and past history of stashing euro players. Sabonis being the rare exception. He was awesome vs Shaq even with diminished legs.

Then how does Portland clear those contracts of leonard, harkless, aminu and the useless bostonian.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Portland already has two guards who avg 50ppg together, and a solid backup PG. Why would they draft a G or PG, I don't understand the reasoning, unless these draft sites just have no clue about Portlands team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Can we move this team to Seattle?Paul Allen is the owner and it would make us all happy right? :sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
I am in bellevue now. Playstation vue has csnnw...the channel w blazer games. I think the problem is the nba commissioner. Not that both cities can't support the franchise. Portland is a good place to visit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow what a half by the backcourt of Portland. McCollum couldn't miss, that was one of the best performances I've seen in a half.

Unfortunately, Portland played great and are only tied at half. Pretty much shows the difference between the two teams. Portland will have to play a perfect game just to have a chance to win at the end. Too bad Nurkic isn't playing, he would likely have his way against the Warriors.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Yes, there are no moral victories. One game at a time. Have to be flawless. Nurcik changes this game?

Portland completely implodes down the stretch. Tots forgets how to call time.

Golden State makes it look easy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Warriors have too much talent. Portland might be able to steal one game in the series.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Winning is always good. 15, 20, and 26. The players the Blazers need are all still available at those picks. Thanks to a guard heavy prediction. The Blazers need to get taller, longer and more athletic. The draft needs to bring a viable pf, f and center that make the roster. Some bloated contracts then need to get purged. Maybe someone takes one of the contracts with a first for their coveted player in the draft. Not sure how that can work. Yes there needs to be massive change. This roster was overestimated.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
It's true that the end of Alderidge, Batum, we Mathews ushered in a new era from seed. This crops futures were elevated bye a round one win in the playoffs. They werent a few pieces away at that point.

Watching the 3rd game in the series. Golden state has better form. Balance facing the basket in rythem. Half of Portland shots are undisciplined in form. Off balance, too far away, lots of simple form mistakes.

Golden State just toys with Portland. I knew we would the loose 20 point lead.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great comeback by GS last night. GS didn't play well in the first half, it was only a matter of time until shots started to fall. But Portland played horrible from the middle of the 3rd quarter until the end of the game. Lillard completely disappeared, and they started playing too much isolation basketball.

GS would be crazy to play KD in this series.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
15, 20, 26.....

John Collins is rising up most mock drafts.

I have no feel for what Olshey is thinking. This is a critical moment for him. Get some talent or be known as the gm that paid bad players.

I still am reading about how portland will draft some guards. Ridiculous........there are several big men to had in the last half of the first.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If Meyers Leonard is on the roster next year I will consider this offseason a failure.

I'm guessing we don't end up with 3 first round picks. I think we package at least one of them with either Leonard, crabbe or turner to try and unload at least one of our ridiculously bad contracts.

If I'm in charge I also look very hard at trading cj. Dame and cj are too redundant, imo.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
The two best players are redundant. And they can't play much defense. It used to be that if a guard was shooting 3s from 10 feet from the arc or shooting 40 percent he was pulled from the game.

How much control does Stotts have?

I'd settle for Leonard or Turner gone. The crowd in Portland has begun booing Leonard. Very unusual for them.