Portland Trailblazers

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Mongo, who should the Trailblazers target specifically given the pick projected outcomes?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This draft is deep and loaded, could be the best in years. Unfortunately, this is more of a guard heavy draft. There are some good bigs though. Markkanen and Bam Adebayo should both be late lottery picks. Markkanen is basically a more athletic Dirk Nowitzki. He can shoot the three and play in the post. Adebayo is basically a young Dwight Howard. Big physical banger but can't score much outside of the paint. I think one guy that will be very intriguing to many teams is Miles Bridges. He is a SF/PF tweener, doesn't really have a position but is really athletic and can score from anywhere. Somewhat comparable to a Tobias Harris or a Draymond Green.

If there is ever a draft to have a lot of picks, this is it. I don't see Portland trading up, as most of the big names are guards and Portland doesn't really need that. However there are some really good SF's in Tatum and Josh Jackson who will probably go pretty early.

Portland should have tried to trade for Cousins. But I'm sure most fan bases are saying the same thing after they saw what New Orleans had to give up for him. Portland probably could have given up something like Crabbe, a pick or two and an expiring contract for Cousins.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure PA would have wanted to deal with Cousins. He dealt with an entire team of Cousins in the early 2000s, and blew that up. I think he try's to stay way from that type of guy as much as possible nowadays.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
I have always had a crush on Cousins. He hasnt lead the Kings to anything though. That 219 million dollar contract speculation and the "If" he re-signs is a huge risk. Thanks for the rundown on rookies. Small forward that can play real D would be a huge plus. Hearing all the negatives on Okafor Im happy we were quiet on that. The team already has a 7 foot tall SG in Myers Leonard.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Starting to look like the Blazers fleeced the Nuggets. Nurkic is turning in some solid performances. 5 blocks, 6 assists a hand full of points to take down okc. Sweet a future peice.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Nurkik owns Mason Plumblee and Jokic vs the Denver Nuggets. 33 points and 16 boards. In one drive Nukic calls for the ball and goes right at Plumblee for the score.

I like Caleb Swannigan for the Blazers in the first round. His multiple 20 20 games in a good conference......saliva.

Blazers look to send Nuggets from the playoffs with a team that is still very flawed in the forward department. Come on first round. Plenty of optimism with the draft. I have the Nurkic fever.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Making the playoffs in the 8th seed is the worst possible scenario. Should have tanked. I love the addition of Nurkic but without a lottery pick or two we're stuck in mediocrity hell.

Largent80

Reaction score
They SUCK as usual.

And people that continually root for them must enjoy root canals without anesthesia. Or simply enjoy beatings. Or even both.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Some teams just don't know how to tank. The Sonics were stuck in mediocrity for most of their years after Gary Payton left. They were always in the back end of the lottery. I would much rather have a top 5 pick, then make the playoffs and get swept by the Warriors.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Come on guys....just get me that forward that can make the all star game his rookie year.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Largent80":1eg6zu4q said:
They SUCK as usual.

And people that continually root for them must enjoy root canals without anesthesia. Or simply enjoy beatings. Or even both.

genius as usual

Largent80

Reaction score
m0ng0":1flzx67l said:
Largent80":1flzx67l said:
They SUCK as usual.

genius as usual

Like typing a zero instead of an O?

m0ng0

Reaction score
Atradees":1kqyu3yn said:
Come on guys....just get me that forward that can make the all star game his rookie year.

Hey, they are 13-6 since they got Nurk, however the schedule has been a bit creme puffy. TJ Leaf seems like an interesting possibility.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
I don't want yet another guy that's too tall just lobbying up tres. Defense defence defender brawler scrappy punch.face....Of 3 picks, a bona fide powerforward should do. A guy with juice. Out of this world stats and confidence. If he's under 6 10 he has to be Barklyesque.

Meyers Leonardo has to go. Useless. Probably at home playing w dolls.....and his hair.

Swanigan. Collins.......my two finalists.

No Gonzaga like players.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Atradees":3kkun85j said:
I don't want yet another guy that's too tall just lobbying up tres. Defense defence defender brawler scrappy punch.face....Of 3 picks, a bona fide powerforward should do. A guy with juice. Out of this world stats and confidence. If he's under 6 10 he has to be Barklyesque.

Meyers Leonardo has to go. Useless. Probably at home playing w dolls.....and his hair.

Swanigan. Collins.......my two finalists.

No Gonzaga like players.

Oregons Jordan bell would fit that role perfectly and should be available with our last first round pick. Not much offense, but he's a cross between Dennis rodman and Ben Wallace defensively and on the boards.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If you want bangers, go for Bam from Kentucky or Swanigan from Purdue. Swanigan was probably a top 5 player in college basketball this year, but I don't think he projects that well in the NBA, which is why he is projected as a late first round draft pick. His main strength is that he can overpower his competition. Doubt he can do that in the NBA. He isn't very athletic, can't shoot from the perimeter, and isn't a great defender. But he is a bruiser. Bam would be a better fit IMO, he's like a young Dwight Howard.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Good time for the Blazers to be playing well. The Rockets game was fun. Harden was defended! Dude you said Dwight Howard.........worlds biggest loser. I hate Dwight Howard!

1. John Collins- He has alot moves in the paint. Lives near the rim. Good length and runs the floor like a deer. Deft touch w basket ball. Blocks shots with energy and hustle can be better defensively room to grow. I could see this guy with the screen and role with Nurcik.

[youtube]h8dIfxgR4jI[/youtube]

2. Caleb Swanigan-Its been said his game may not translate to the pros; tweener prospect. He is is a good shooter and rebounder. His body reminds me of Zach Randolph. I like him! And he is likely getable with a late first rounder.

[youtube]ISwcvNHWi3w[/youtube]

3. I do like this guy! Shot blocker! Jordan Bell.

[youtube]rbz2NRovFjo[/youtube]

A very doable draft......I dislike the idea of stashing a euro player. It never works out for the Blazers. These three guys can be had. They can upgrade the roster.