Frank signs an extension,
Jimmy walks,
Sheldon gets re-signed.

^Pretty much how I see it as well.

I would be very happy with this

Eltagi

Reaction score
HoldYourHawk":1okua0xp said:
I would really like to see Sheldon and Clark come back. Both are finally coming into their own in Pete's system.

Of course I'd want Thomas, what fan wouldn't, but does Thomas really want to be here? His attitude and actions off the field point to no.

Let Jimmy go, despite becoming a red zone animal, it seemed like he was checked out most the year when his number wasn't being called inside the 20. See all the questionable drops and missed passes throughout the season.

Pretty much my take on it as well. Clark especially is a must-sign.

Reaction score
Should also be asking - who do you cut? Because under the current cap constraints, the Seahawks can't afford to pay any of those guys without a massive cut or some big restructures which just hurt down the road.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like a real possibility that they franchise Sheldon R. I could see that happening. Clayton said that would pay around 14 mil, which is likely less than he would get on the open market per year. Then, if a team wants to sign him, they would have to give up a lot, and we could recoup draft picks we don't have.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":tdxkj8w3 said:
Sounds like a real possibility that they franchise Sheldon R. I could see that happening. Clayton said that would pay around 14 mil, which is likely less than he would get on the open market per year. Then, if a team wants to sign him, they would have to give up a lot, and we could recoup draft picks we don't have.

I sure as hell hope not. He is a solid lineman, and good addition, but not worth that kind of money. I put him somewhere in the range of Brockers for the Rams. He recently signed a 3 year $33 million deal ($11M average per year). Also putting him that far over Bennett ($10M average PY) will create problems with MB (if they are even keeping Bennett...my guess is they should as there is still value in him).

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2i150wg8 said:

If they franchise him, they can't fill in a 53 man roster without some big cuts. That tag alone would be the entirety of the Seahawks salary cap remaining.

Latest posts