Poll: What do you do if Bevell stays on the coaching staff?

Poll: What do you do if Bevell stays on the coaching staff?

• Nothing, I love the Hawks regardless

Votes: 54 49.5%
  • Not renew season tickets

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Emotionally disconnect

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Contact the organization to express disagreement

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Watch the organization disintegrate because this clown cannot be trusted

Votes: 25 22.9%

• Total voters

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I think I'll have to take a baby step back. The dude is a liability. I already hate being emotionally invested in something that is out of my control, but knowing that an idiot is running half the program is awful.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'll be quite upset and agonized, but not changing anything.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They are stuck.

The players have lost confidence in Bevell and are openly blaming him for the loss.

Reporters on twitter are all talking about how players are openly blaming the playcalling on their way to the locker room.

There are a few articles on it online.

If Pete keeps Bevell, he keeps an OC that every player (or many) blame for losing them their ring. Someone has to be sacrificed because right now there is no way this team will be able to recover if they have to play for an OC they openly are mocking right now.

Either Bevell has to be removed, or this entire team will collapse into dysfunction. The players will chafe at even having to work with him and there is no way it will not affect their ability to play cohesively next year.

kearly

Reaction score
You could argue that firing Bevell is somewhat unfair, but with an entire fanbase seething with hatred for him forever I don't really see how it's tenable to keep him either. He is now at a much lower level of fan support than Greg Knapp ever was. My guess is that Pete will stick by Bevell, but if he has secretly wanted to ditch Bevell at any time, this is his opportunity.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I've been posting relentlessly about bevell. here's the thing. if we run the ball and win the game, we're on here praising everybody and joy joy joy. my thing is this- in life, in the real world of jobs, there's some things you can't do. you can't call someone the n word for instance at work and keep your job. you cant sexual assault someone at all and expect to have a job. likewise, you can't miss this opportunity. i mean, bevell had a hand in getting us to the point that we're at the 2 with a chance to win back to back super bowls. for that, i congratulate him on doing a good job in spite of frustrating the hell out of me at times. but to lose under these circumstances is like calling someone at work the n word. i am no longer emotional invested, i.e., don't watch the game, don't really care, but if they win, great! as long as bevell is still here.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If you answer anything other than the first option.. stop rooting for this team tonight.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":30osy969 said:
They are stuck.

The players have lost confidence in Bevell and are openly blaming him for the loss.

Reporters on twitter are all talking about how players are openly blaming the playcalling on their way to the locker room.

There are a few articles on it online.

If Pete keeps Bevell, he keeps an OC that every player (or many) blame for losing them their ring. Someone has to be sacrificed because right now there is no way this team will be able to recover if they have to play for an OC they openly are mocking right now.

Either Bevell has to be removed, or this entire team will collapse into dysfunction. The players will chafe at even having to work with him and there is no way it will not affect their ability to play cohesively next year.
I believe you're correct.

kearly":30osy969 said:
You could argue that firing Bevell is somewhat unfair, but with an entire fanbase seething with hatred for him forever I don't really see how it's tenable to keep him either. He is now at a much lower level of fan support than Greg Knapp ever was. My guess is that Pete will stick by Bevell, but if he has secretly wanted to ditch Bevell at any time, this is his opportunity.
Really Kip? I just don't see it for all the reasons Twisted mentioned above as well as your own point about a fanbase that want's the guy gone immediately. Just don't see it man. Oh, he'll "resign" so the franchise can "move forward", but I agree with several posters here that Pete will lose this team if he sticks by this guy and he stays.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":36dxhkmi said:
If you answer anything other than the first option.. stop rooting for this team tonight.

F you. i'm emotionally disconnecting as long bevell is here. why wouldn't I? it's like your best friend of years and years punching your kid or something. one dumb move can wipe out an entire relationship, and football is certainly easier to lose than a friend. without bevell, i believe russ can lead this team to a lot of wins again. with bevell, i don't care what happens next year. why is blind allegiance so deeply rooted in fans' minds? you don't have to always support an organization, if they don't align with your preferences...hell growing up in illinois i was the biggest jordan pippen rodman fan alive but since they've disbanded i haven't had an nba team since. it's just not the same, and i can't support any of the current players of the organization. and a team that literally hands over a super bowl, an Fing super bowl, needs to fire up the chopping block if i'm going to give 2 damns again. firing bevell sends a message that we will not accept losing like that. in an unacceptable, embarrassing fashion. keeping him says, hey, what the hell!, we gave away a super bowl, but like, come on, we're the Seahawks! so buy our stuff.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I didn't see the option to go Tonya Harding on his knee.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I voted for E because I am more intelligent than most people and know how to make a good play call.

kearly

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3n8stlkt said:
Really Kip? I just don't see it for all the reasons Twisted mentioned above as well as your own point about a fanbase that want's the guy gone immediately. Just don't see it man. Oh, he'll "resign" so the franchise can "move forward", but I agree with several posters here that Pete will lose this team if he sticks by this guy and he stays.

I so hope you are right.

My thinking is that Pete doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would fire a coach for one mistake and he's definitely not the kind of guy that would scapegoat an assistant. I think it would probably take a petition with a million signatures to get Carroll to consider it. That's my gut feel. Very much hope to be wrong.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2slf0bm8 said:
Bevell didn't throw a shitty pass

The pass was right on point, but Lockette got knocked off his route (by a smaller man). Bevell might be a bit of a douche for blaming Lockette, but he isn't wrong.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevell will stay, I don't think Pete really wants to replace both OC and DC. I will say that he will probably be more involved in decisions of that magnitude going forward and be more involved with the offense.