Pointing fingers

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
That's a pretty simplistic view and you have a right to it. It's certainly easier to say " Seahawks are awesome , Geno is the shit, penalties aren't a problem , it's that kicker !"

I don't think a 55 yarder is automatic.
I also think Meyer is a pretty good kicker.
Why make football, from a fan’s perspective, hard to understand with 5+ paragraphs complaining about HC, OC, DC, QB’s, etc, etc.. I get that’s it’s a fan’s right to complain. Idk, maybe it has something to do with not having a professional sports team in the town I live in, I’m just grateful to be able to watch my hometown team, win or lose.

strohmin

Reaction score
Everyone wants to point fingers at Pete, Waldron, Hurtt, Geno, and Lock. However, it was Jason Meyers who missed the field goal in the final seconds. I understand, it’s too hard for most people on .NET to comprehend, but it’s a true story.
Right..... It's very hard for most people on .net to comprehend that everything that went wrong in the game happened in those 5 seconds that he missed a 55 yard field goal. Let's just ignore every dumb penalty and mistake that was commited up untill that point.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Right..... It's very hard for most people on .net to comprehend that everything that went wrong in the game happened in those 5 seconds that he missed a 55 yard field goal. Let's just ignore every dumb penalty and mistake that was commited up untill that point.
Why complain about the game at all? It’s not like you can go back and change the outcome. It’s Monday afternoon, maybe there’s a thread on how to beat our next opponent in 3-1/2 days, doubt it.

strohmin

Reaction score
Why complain about the game at all? It’s not like you can go back and change the outcome. It’s Monday afternoon, maybe there’s a thread on how to beat our next opponent in 3-1/2 days, doubt it.
If thats the case then why even make a thread about blaming the kicker.Why even post.... Why even have a discussion forum.... Why do anything..... This is a seahawks forum not a seahawks positivity only forum....

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
If thats the case then why even make a thread about blaming the kicker.Why even post.... Why even have a discussion forum.... Why do anything..... This is a seahawks forum not a seahawks positivity only forum....
Fair enough.

strohmin

Reaction score
Fair enough.
I get what you are saying about moving on to the next but not everyone is gonna feel that way. If you think there should be a thread on what the hawks need to do to prepare for the next game then you should start it. Maybe that'll help people move on.

hoxrox

Reaction score
If we're relying on Myers to win games, we're doomed.

If just one of those redzone trips was a TD and not a FG, we win this game.

Redzone scoring % is the number one issue on this team this season.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score

I’ll agree with you, it’s also down across the league. Defenses are getting smarter, countering the young offensive minded coaches with DC’s like Mike Macdonald. As much as I dislike the Harbaugh’s, it’d be nice to have one replace Ol’Pete Carroll, whenever that time comes…

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well, one thing I know;

WHOEVER is calling the first 12-15 scripted plays each game? Please call the rest of the game. Because 'whoever' is calling past the script is having issues!

And, like someone else said - If you keep relying on 50+ yard field goals to win games - well, you're gonna miss some of those.

As SOON as they put up his +50/-50 yard stats on the previous kick - I was like: "Great. That's gonna bite us in the ass.".

As much as I wanna go all Jim Mora and blame the kicker (although I can't replicate his expression when he said it) - I just can't. From the penalties to the calling, to K9 being out, to Geno, to Fing Donald - the wheels just fell off.

Nothing against Meyers on this one. And the same with the Geno flubbed call/non spike. I'm just amazed at his GRIT getting back into the game.

There's enough blame to go around on this one.
I posted in GameDay that the play calling was amazing….

And it was until it wasn’t.
Not sure how any game plan can “fall off” that bad but it certainly did.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Everyone wants to point fingers at Pete, Waldron, Hurtt, Geno, and Lock. However, it was Jason Meyers who missed the field goal in the final seconds. I understand, it’s too hard for most people on .NET to comprehend, but it’s a true story.
He had a chance to win the game.. he didn't lose it.

Xxx

Reaction score
As much as the loss was on all of them, I thought the same thing man… Jason meyers is probably done as a seahawk after this year (I don’t know about his contract)

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

There's a table in there that shows the performance of the team over each quarter of play. They are elite in the first quarter and completely fall apart in the last three.

chart.webp

Kicking game is the only consistency we have.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score

I’m a Geno guy, I give him the benefit of doubt. However, it’d be interesti
He had a chance to win the game.. he didn't lose it.
good point

keasley45

Reaction score

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I looked at my wife after the first drive and said: "Well you literally can't ask for anything else better than that for an opening drive!".

I love your quote: "And it was until it wasn't."

morgulon1

Reaction score

Good point. Lots of fingers pointing in a lot of directions but if there's one thing that's hurting the team , it would have to be the fact that Seattle can't score touchdowns (IMHO). They move the ball well at times yet they self destruct inside the 20. It's been a problem almost all season. Penalties and horrible play calls.

Latest posts