Pointing fingers

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Everyone wants to point fingers at Pete, Waldron, Hurtt, Geno, and Lock. However, it was Jason Meyers who missed the field goal in the final seconds. I understand, it’s too hard for most people on .NET to comprehend, but it’s a true story.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Everyone wants to point fingers at Pete, Waldron, Hurtt, Geno, and Lock. However, it was Jason Meyers who missed the field goal in the final seconds. I understand, it’s too hard for most people on .NET to comprehend, but it’s a true story.
Well, one thing I know;

WHOEVER is calling the first 12-15 scripted plays each game? Please call the rest of the game. Because 'whoever' is calling past the script is having issues!

And, like someone else said - If you keep relying on 50+ yard field goals to win games - well, you're gonna miss some of those.

As SOON as they put up his +50/-50 yard stats on the previous kick - I was like: "Great. That's gonna bite us in the ass.".

As much as I wanna go all Jim Mora and blame the kicker (although I can't replicate his expression when he said it) - I just can't. From the penalties to the calling, to K9 being out, to Geno, to Fing Donald - the wheels just fell off.

Nothing against Meyers on this one. And the same with the Geno flubbed call/non spike. I'm just amazed at his GRIT getting back into the game.

There's enough blame to go around on this one.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was a 55 yard FG attempt. It’s no way a sure thing. Tough spot to put anyone in. I’m probably the most critical one on here regarding Meyers but no way was yesterday’s loss on him.

hawker84

Reaction score
🙄 how many penalties did he commit again? How many missed tackles? How many blocks did he miss? How many dumbass red zone plays did he call again? Yes he missed the kick, but there's a hell of a lot more blame to spread around....

renofox

Reaction score
Top 4 NFL FG %, 55+ yards:

Sam Baker 58.2%
George Blanda 57.0%
Pat Summerall 48.6%
Tommy Davis 47.1%

A 55-yarder is not automatic.

p.s. these guys all played in the '40s-'60s, lol.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
I kind of figured it would be too simple to understand. Meyers makes it, game over, Seahawks win.

ccla

Reaction score
Did you watch only the last 2 minutes of the game?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Can't tell if you're joking or not..........but when your kicker has already made two 50+ FG's, and you're still blaming him for missing a low percentage 55 yard FG?

Err.............REALLY bad take.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Didn’t know Blair Walsh was on this forum. Trying to deflect your failures onto Jason I see!
Funny, the only skin I had in the game is fandom, so it’s pretty far from failure… What kind of champion, assuming that’s the goal for the Seahawks, looks at the past anyways. Indeed, frustrating when the same mistakes are repeated, it is what it is though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Same mistakes? He had made like 15 in row before that. He was 5 for 5 against Washington, including a game winner.
Sure, he started out a little slow, but he's not even close to a problem on this team.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
OMFG! Didn’t know I made it sound like I was blaming the kicker, I was implying that if he had made it the game would be over, Seahawks win.
Unfortunately, there would still be folks on .NET pointing fingers because we only won by two points. Am I wrong?

ccla

Reaction score
OMFG! Didn’t know I made it sound like I was blaming the kicker, I was implying that if he had made it the game would be over, Seahawks win.
Unfortunately, there would still be folks on .NET pointing fingers because we only won by two points. Am I wrong?
I am Sorry, what other interpretation is there to your post?

morgulon1

Reaction score
That's a pretty simplistic view and you have a right to it. It's certainly easier to say " Seahawks are awesome , Geno is the shit, penalties aren't a problem , it's that kicker !"

I don't think a 55 yarder is automatic.
I also think Meyer is a pretty good kicker.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

You made it sound like you're blaming the kicker cause your post literally blames the kicker.