Pleased to introduce the Ducks QB for next season

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3czcayyg said:
I do think qbs and olinemen are the two toughest positions to evaluate going from high school to college though.

No kidding. Remember when Sark recruited three different 4-star QBs at the same time and UW fans thought they were set?

drrew

Reaction score
CPHawk":70pcw06k said:
As for Prukop, I've heard a few coaches say they think only Rosen is as good as him in the pac 12. High praise, but we'll find out who's right next year.

No reputable coach said/believes that, and if they did they should be fired immediately. It's that absurd.

CPHawk

Reaction score
drrew":2xa5og6v said:
CPHawk":2xa5og6v said:
As for Prukop, I've heard a few coaches say they think only Rosen is as good as him in the pac 12. High praise, but we'll find out who's right next year.

No reputable coach said/believes that, and if they did they should be fired immediately. It's that absurd.

What QBs are better? Browning? Come on, he looked avg most of the year.Falk? They both played one common opponent, one lead his team to 42 points the other 17 with far superior athletes.

What's funny, is Dakota was on the Dan Patrick show a couple days ago, and DP asked him what schools contacted him wanting to transfer to their school, he said UW was one of the first. You all can popo him all you want, but I'll bet he does a lot better than you are giving him credit for.

cesame

Reaction score
I love how everyone has these hot opinions on a guy they've never even seen play a live game

That said, Oregon has proven it doesn't really matter who the QB is(unless your name is Jeff Lockie). They've been #1 in scoring in the PAC 12 every year since 2007. They challenged for national championships with 3 different QB's (Dixon, Thomas, Mariota). Went to the Rose Bowl with freaking Jeremiah Masoli. And if Vernon Adams doesn't get hurt they would have challenged again this year.

Oregon is a machine and they keep on getting the same results with different players over basically an entire decade. QB, RB, WR..... doesn't matter. They're the best offense in the PAC 12 and honestly it really isn't even close. I'm sure there are people who will keep pretending like Oregon is hitting some downswing in their program, but as long as they continue to have great coaching and some of the best recruiting in the PAC 12 they'll continue to challenge for NC most years.

WinTheDecade

drrew

Reaction score
CPHawk":15zbnzvz said:
What QBs are better? Browning? Come on, he looked avg most of the year.Falk? They both played one common opponent, one lead his team to 42 points the other 17 with far superior athletes.

What's funny, is Dakota was on the Dan Patrick show a couple days ago, and DP asked him what schools contacted him wanting to transfer to their school, he said UW was one of the first. You all can popo him all you want, but I'll bet he does a lot better than you are giving him credit for.

First, go back and listen to the interview, I happened to hear it as well, and Prukop indicated that he contacted the UW, not the other way around. That being said, I'm sure the UW may have brought him in to compete for a back-up spot, but he wouldn't supplant Browning.

Second, Goff, Falk, Browning, Rosen, and Solomon are all non-Senior Pac12 quarterbacks who I would take over him next season. I'd consider Max Browne as well.

Look at Prukops game log http://www.msubobcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2886, it's not particularly impressive. Interceptions in 8 out of 10 games including in 7 straight games to end the season. Vernon Adams is/was a special talent. Prukop may very well be an elite athlete, but he's not close to the QB Adams is and if he's really being counted on the lead the Duck's next season I think it's a mistake.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Nobody anywhere is saying he's a better passing qb then Vernon Adams. He does have the abilities to make the offense as a whole better though. No doubt in my mind.

Latest posts