Pictures Worth 1000 Words

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pete has used the word marriage many times over the years when referring to him and John. Make no mistake those two were partners strapped at the hip for years. No question is this an emotional day for John.

Ozzy

Reaction score
John is in a tough spot. I think he genuinely loves Pete and was a part of the decision to move on. He absolutely wanted this from a business decision but feels terrible I’m sure.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Look at people assuming John Schneider doesn't wish Carroll was gone. Just like a parent crying when their kid leaves the nest, the right thing can still cause serious emotions including sadness. Get a grip on reality, folks.
I think it was largely his decision and/or Jody leaned heavily on his opinion since he’s staying

mistaowen

Reaction score
Look at people assuming John Schneider doesn't wish Carroll was gone. Just like a parent crying when their kid leaves the nest, the right thing can still cause serious emotions including sadness. Get a grip on reality, folks.

Yeah - JS has been pretty open about wanting to be the guy and now he has his chance. Which is also why there's no shot in hell Harbaugh comes here, IF he leaves Michigan it'll be the same manner that Pete did with full control. Since he got to Seattle Pete has been his boss, regardless of their working relationship being excellent. Every decision needed Pete's approval which isn't how ~30 other organizations work. His recent contract extension was meant to keep him here after Pete, along with committing more power to him. The rumors of him testing the waters in Detroit and other orgs were very real. So I'm sure he is very sad his long time friend is leaving but also very excited to run the show now.

GemCity

Reaction score
Yeah - JS has been pretty open about wanting to be the guy and now he has his chance. Which is also why there's no shot in hell Harbaugh comes here, IF he leaves Michigan it'll be the same manner that Pete did with full control. Since he got to Seattle Pete has been his boss, regardless of their working relationship being excellent. Every decision needed Pete's approval which isn't how ~30 other organizations work. His recent contract extension was meant to keep him here after Pete, along with committing more power to him. The rumors of him testing the waters in Detroit and other orgs were very real. So I'm sure he is very sad his long time friend is leaving but also very excited to run the show now.
Booyah!!

Nailed it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
While all true, I am fairly certain he still wouldn't have pushed for
Pete's removal if he didn't think it s necessary for the organization.

I have the feeling he pushed for it two years ago to go along with Wilson's exit, told Jody how things were going to go if pete wasn't removed, what he said is essentially what has happened, and so Jody has been prioritizing what John says more and more ever since.

keasley45

Reaction score

You can both understand that a change is necessary AND be extremely saddened by it. The world and life is not some simplified, basic, binary experience. I'm sure Pete and John are great friends and will continue to be and that John genuinely wishes that the path they were on with Pete was still a good one so that he COULD finish what they started TOGETHER.

No different than an actual divorce where you know there's no future together the way you've been AND extreme sadness for that fact.

GemCity

Reaction score
You can both understand that a change is necessary AND be extremely saddened by it. The world and life is not some simplified, basic, binary experience. I'm sure Pete and John are great friends and will continue to be and that John genuinely wishes that the path they were on with Pete was still a good one so that he COULD finish what they started TOGETHER.

No different than an actual divorce where you know there's no future together the way you've been AND extreme sadness for that fact.
Well said. I’m sure JS was anxious to take the reins a bit. Of course, anyone would want more responsibility and to execute all of their responsibilities in a job like that.

That doesn’t mean there wasn’t a bond or it was superficial.

They (PC and JS) genuinely like/love each other.

Pete may still have some left in the tank but, he will be 73. No one defeats Father Time.

I hope we can retain him in some form or fashion as he A. Deserves it and B. Can still contribute.

I imagine that was a hard talk… telling a LEGEND it’s time to move on. But, the team has been edging closer and closer to the cliff. Other coaches have been fired for less. The fact that PC was around so long is a testament to how well he is respected.

As fans, we have to realize that the next regime may not immediately do better. Or, maybe we find the next PC (of course…there won’t be another JUST like him) and recreate that magic? Regardless, just like in life, change is often times necessary. That doesn’t mean you have to like it. It doesn’t always mean it’s a time for celebration. But, it’s still necessary.

I was deeply saddened by his press statement. You could still feel his passion…his determination and dedication. That was rough…but, it’s a new day. I’m sure most of us woke up with some sort of giddiness…some sort of excitement for what may lay ahead.

That doesn’t necessarily translate into “liking” what happened.

Regardless if you are Team PC, Team JS, Team Jody, Team InsertTitleHere, or just simply love the Seahawks…there’s a lot to look forward to.

As for Pete, I hope he’s a liaison of sorts. Maybe advises on personnel…many have called him a DB “Whisperer”. Maybe help scout college kids as he was pretty damn good at that. Front Office all the way. Something less demanding so he has more time to spend with his family and friends.

And one day, I hope they build a statue of him outside of the stadium…has to have a stick of gum in his hand. On the base, simply title it “LEGEND”.

A new era of Seahawk Football is coming our way folks. However it turns out, there’s plenty of reasons to be excited.