Pick #58 Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU

wazzuvius

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2iht2tyj said:
Grahamhawker":2iht2tyj said:
Without knowing much about Pocic, it looks like he's got size, smarts, and knows how to play OL.

I'll give him a chance. I'm guessing there are some intangibles the FO loved.

Plus, we can have lots of fun spelling Posic along with Prosise.

I'm just going to cringe every time I hear Počić's name pronounced "po-sick" instead of "po-chitch".

Peggy Hill approves :2thumbs:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Gibbo":29o33pp8 said:
Seahawk Sailor":29o33pp8 said:
Grahamhawker":29o33pp8 said:
Without knowing much about Pocic, it looks like he's got size, smarts, and knows how to play OL.

I'll give him a chance. I'm guessing there are some intangibles the FO loved.

Plus, we can have lots of fun spelling Posic along with Prosise.

I'm just going to cringe every time I hear Počić's name pronounced "po-sick" instead of "po-chitch".

Ethan says Po-sick himself.

Make of that what you will.

Joe Sakic pronounces his name "sack-ik" too. They're anglicized. Still sounds weird.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
So we draft a crazy tall center with bad lateral movement and talk about moving him to RT. Didn't we draft our future RT in the first round of last years draft? Isn't our best OLineman a homegrown center conversion project? This pick makes absolutely no sense at all. Our OL sucks and we draft a guy who can either play center (the one position that we have figured out) or Right Tackle (the position that we spent a first round pick on last year). Of course, we don't consider drafting a LT because we have a basketball player there. Of course, we don't draft a LG because we have a former first round bust on a one-year contract playing there. This draft is 2014 all over again. At least we didn't trade our first for an overpriced, underperforming offensive player, I guess.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
HawkGA":2baxzgjx said:
Four pages and the only video posted is from him getting dominated by Auburn? Anybody have any good tape?

You know and on that I saw 3 plays where he was out matched. That is a very small number compared to the total number of plays.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Funny how everyone who wants the Seahawks to cut everyone after their rookie deal just to be cutthroat like the Patriots, suddenly wants Britt to hang around.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
titan3131":17ucapf5 said:
nash72":17ucapf5 said:
emurri":17ucapf5 said:
And you know these guys are not going be successful in their first year how? Give them a chance and see how it turns out. That would be to easy, however, and they are going to be busts until their not.

Where do you see Ethan Pocic fitting in and being productive in his rookie season? Britt is an all pro Center. He should stay where he's at. If they move him to guard or tackle, it'll be a disaster especially with a rookie Center. Pocic at Guard or Tackle? He'll compete there and most likely lose. I cant see Procic having any kind of affect on this team unless Britt goes down and we chose him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. What do you see in him that excites you so much?

Are you intoxicated? Britt is not an ALLPRO not even a pro bowler center.

Newsflash we cant pay everyone - britt will not be resigned.
Last year Britt was a Pro Bowl alternate.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hell the way to Pro Bowl is now, half the starters in the league are Pro Bowl alternates.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I like looking at game film, because I trust it a lot more than measureables. This is why I liked Forrest Lamp. Not because Mike Mayock liked him, but because I liked what I saw on film.

Pocic's film, to me, is a very mixed bag. He often looks like he's too high and gets out muscled and bullrushed into the backfield. In that sense, he'll fit in well with our current line.

However, not what I have in mind. Lamp's tape is pretty good. I watched the film of his game against Alabama and the notion that he would be a 3rd rounder any other year is absurd. These are the same pundits that claimed Germain Ifedi was a solid 1st rounder when, as we all know, he was nowhere near that quality.

The only thing I'm happy about is that we didn't draft Cam Robinson, whose tape did not impress me in the least.

If you really want to cringe about Pocic, watch his game tape against Auburn. They threw him around like a rag doll.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing Coleman Crawford's film presentation on Ethan Pocic

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Coleman3SD/status/858473166624006144[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Coleman3SD/status/858479466258898945[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Coleman3SD/status/858483360372359168[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
Chances somebody (er, anybody) picks him as their adopt a rookie?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
randomation":2q095fmk said:
hawknation2017":2q095fmk said:
[youtube]AqBo7ZL_Xs0[/youtube]

jeez that hold around 2:06 rofl

edit: Completely lost at around 6:44

I saw that too. This kid has a long ways to go.

And we could've had him much later too.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Well he was the best Center in the draft can play Guard and might be a solid RT someday i'm not at all convinced Lamp is a better player than Pocic either . He's 6'6 310 pounds and had a second round grade what the hell are you guys complaining about. Say what you want but they got a good prospect here.

Latest posts