Pick #58 Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU

Josea16

Reaction score
`
Northwest Seahawk":1osyuv1r said:
Well he was the best Center in the draft can play Guard and might be a solid RT someday i'm not at all convinced Lamp is a better player than Pocic either . He's 6'6 310 pounds and had a second round grade what the hell are you guys complaining about. Say what you want but they got a good prospect here.
.Net has gone downhill and is home to several trolls. It's sad that this site has lost their way and can't accept the reason we drafted the guy as soon we could. He's nearly 3 different OL types in a singe pick. I would be shocked if he doesn't seriously contribute on the OL immediately.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":mbexy81k said:
randomation":mbexy81k said:
hawknation2017":mbexy81k said:
[youtube]AqBo7ZL_Xs0[/youtube]

jeez that hold around 2:06 rofl

edit: Completely lost at around 6:44

I saw that too. This kid has a long ways to go.

And we could've had him much later too.

We could have ? Well, why didn't you use your bat phone to call into the war room.

I blame you for this catastrophe

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
randomation":3nsxm6fg said:
hawknation2017":3nsxm6fg said:
[youtube]AqBo7ZL_Xs0[/youtube]

jeez that hold around 2:06 rofl

edit: Completely lost at around 6:44

The video is 11 minutes and 16 seconds long and you found four seconds worth of bad plays to base your opinion on?

That is the benchmark for an armchair GM.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He was announced by the team as a T so apparently that is where he will get tried out 1st by the Hawks.

Must say I was still smarting over the loss of both King and Meilfonwu and so was quite underwhelmed with this pick. After looking at him more he has some really interesting qualities though I'm doubtful he will play that well as an OT.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
He has quick feet and good agility for a man his size.

We will not know what we have with him until preaseason.

He could very well play right tackle next season.

chris98251

Reaction score
If he can play LT and stop the bull rushes we would be 50 percent better, may not move lateral well but then again that's the longer route to the QB and if he is as smart as they say he is he can drop step making the angle longer. It would still be a improvement.

titan3131

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2ecgzr3e said:
Here are Bucky Brooks and Lance Zierlein breaking down Ethan Pocic's game. They think that he is a solid overall player ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combi...Brooks-and-Lance-Zierlein-analyze-Ethan-Pocic

BB ranks him with B+ rub blocking and pass blocking his biggest knock is "plays better then his athleticism shows"
5 for 1 linemen plays all positions - at his best getting to the 2nd level - PERFECT ZONE SCHEME BLOCKER comped to UNGER.

Guys this guy is a stud

I fLIPPING LOVE PC JS they never cease to amaze me

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
titan3131":1i9lmbue said:
Hawkscanner":1i9lmbue said:
Here are Bucky Brooks and Lance Zierlein breaking down Ethan Pocic's game. They think that he is a solid overall player ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combi...Brooks-and-Lance-Zierlein-analyze-Ethan-Pocic

BB ranks him with B+ rub blocking and pass blocking his biggest knock is "plays better then his athleticism shows"
5 for 1 linemen plays all positions - at his best getting to the 2nd level - PERFECT ZONE SCHEME BLOCKER comped to UNGER.

Guys this guy is a stud

I fLIPPING LOVE PC JS they never cease to amaze me

Amen to that !!!!

All the ignorant whining on this board is NOT coming from 30-40 year fans of this team. JS and PC are freaks. They're like the athlete that benches 50 x 225 then has an ignorant troll bash them for their lack of strength, lol..

IrishNW

Reaction score
Atradees":1m4m4897 said:
Tusc2000":1m4m4897 said:
Atradees":1m4m4897 said:
Something happened to our front office since 13. .

The FO decided they were spending too much $$$$ on O-lineman and needed to re-allocate to keep Wilson, LOB, et al.

It is indeed much cheaper to put a rag-tag bunch of big guys together, and put them at positions they didn't play before. They'll just be so thrilled they're in the NFL they won't ask for a ton of money, and will be happy enough to get a few selfies and maybe an autographed football. Not to mention getting into games at C-Link for free.

Hahahahahah. According to NFL.com he had a 5.74 grade and they projected him to go from 2nd to third round.

This is a classic Tom Cable pick that despite being able to play multiple positions is a one dimensional (run blocking) player.
In a boom or bust vacuum, this guy is very likely not to be on our team in 3 years. BUST. 90% chance.

Obi Melifonwu S went 56
Zach Cunningham LB went 57
Juju Smith-Schuster WR went 62

These 3 guys were all in my day two mock. These three guys will be playing pro football in three years. This was an awful pick. So aweful in fact, it leads me to believe that the position coaches are making the picks. Cause nobody on planet earth decides to pick Ethan Pocic in round two at 58 with professional scouting feedback.

That being said, it doesnt look as bad as last years draft where we skipped over all the oline talent to pick back up running backs.

There. I vented. I liked the addressing of positions of need for the Hawks in S, CB, WR, OL........lets see if any make the team.

A guy that can play all 5 positions on the line will be out of the NFL in 3 years? not a chance

Own The West

Reaction score
Based on the Wisconsin tape, he looked good in run blocking, including combos. I didn't think he anchored all that well in pass pro though. Not sure if he's calling protection, but there were a few missed blitzes in that tape as well. The delay up the gut was through his zone too.

If he's going to play tackle, I'd assume it'd be right side.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I was looking at draft grades today and some of the scouts were comparing Posic to Max Unger, Posic's a bigger man than Unger to and technically sound so I think all the concern over this pick is unfounded.,

Seafan

Reaction score
Mike Mayock said he's the best RT in the draft. He is PCJS favorite OL in the draft. Plus all the recliner GMs here hate him. That's good enough for me.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Whining and complaining about a pick is something that will continue to go on until he either shuts them up in training camp or flames out. I like the differing opinions that are being voiced about the draft. Not everyone will be especially high on a draft that didn't get a flashy first rounder but that is the price of success, we don't draft high and I prefer it that way.

I like the pick. We got someone versatile for a position we needed to solidify. By versatility, I don't mean Cable can throw him in there to do something he's never done. He's actually played all the positions. In a year down in talent for offensive line, we got one of the best in the draft. That is all we could ask for.

titan3131

Reaction score
BullHawk33":rj31x7x7 said:
Whining and complaining about a pick is something that will continue to go on until he either shuts them up in training camp or flames out. I like the differing opinions that are being voiced about the draft. Not everyone will be especially high on a draft that didn't get a flashy first rounder but that is the price of success, we don't draft high and I prefer it that way.

I like the pick. We got someone versatile for a position we needed to solidify. By versatility, I don't mean Cable can throw him in there to do something he's never done. He's actually played all the positions. In a year down in talent for offensive line, we got one of the best in the draft. That is all we could ask for.

Funny thing is we did get a "flashy" 1st round pick. Purple colored bias is too entrenched, the dog's were good for the first time in forever, and the fact that pcjs snubbed every husky disrupts the idea that those dbs were the lob 2nd coming.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seafan":30i12o5k said:
Mike Mayock said he's the best RT in the draft. He is PCJS favorite OL in the draft. Plus all the recliner GMs here hate him. That's good enough for me.
Damn, that's straight direct. I love it. .Net is now Ebert and Siskel. Whatever they like I hate because like football the quality of movies shouldn't be graded by critics and outsiders. Movies are personal, NFL football is all about fit, personality and scheme.

Seymour

Reaction score
Josea16":2kwcb1m3 said:
`
Northwest Seahawk":2kwcb1m3 said:
Well he was the best Center in the draft can play Guard and might be a solid RT someday i'm not at all convinced Lamp is a better player than Pocic either . He's 6'6 310 pounds and had a second round grade what the hell are you guys complaining about. Say what you want but they got a good prospect here.
.Net has gone downhill and is home to several trolls. It's sad that this site has lost their way and can't accept the reason we drafted the guy as soon we could. He's nearly 3 different OL types in a singe pick. I would be shocked if he doesn't seriously contribute on the OL immediately.

Well aren't you the wealth of knowledge in your 4 months here. :roll:

Anyone who condemns an entire site of thousands for the opinion of a few is not someone I'll be listening to the opinion of. :pukeface:

Josea16

Reaction score
Seymour":2e6ru60z said:
Josea16":2e6ru60z said:
`
Northwest Seahawk":2e6ru60z said:

Well aren't you the wealth of knowledge in your 4 months here. :roll:

Anyone who condemns an entire site of thousands for the opinion of a few is not someone I'll be listening to the opinion of. :pukeface:
You sir are one the select group I am calling out and my time here is irrelevant. I am not a 38 but a 30 or 31 fits. You and Nash are flat trolling and it's beyond boring.

They flat nailed this draft and anyone with a brain knows we decided to shore up to OL via FA. We were lucky to get Pocic. A ZBS 5/1 OL with actual polish? Cable never had this before. I figure you're pissed because they didn't go for name OL in a weak OL class or didn't draft Huskies as the next generation LOB. Instead they went with an actual OL at the top of his class via grade that played ZBS and perfect scheme fits in the secondary like 2010-11.

titan3131

Reaction score
This entire draft meltdown is pushing me away from ever getting invested in a CFB team / season. You purple homers are insufferable after only 2 years of success.

Josea16

Reaction score
titan3131":2endkj7o said:
This entire draft meltdown is pushing me away from ever getting invested in a CFB team / season. You purple homers are insufferable after only 2 years of success.
Just wait you haven't seen a thing. If it gets back to the Don James level you then will know insufferable.