Pick #58 Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":1126ab2v said:
titan3131":1126ab2v said:
nash72":1126ab2v said:
emurri":1126ab2v said:
And you know these guys are not going be successful in their first year how? Give them a chance and see how it turns out. That would be to easy, however, and they are going to be busts until their not.

Where do you see Ethan Pocic fitting in and being productive in his rookie season? Britt is an all pro Center. He should stay where he's at. If they move him to guard or tackle, it'll be a disaster especially with a rookie Center. Pocic at Guard or Tackle? He'll compete there and most likely lose. I cant see Procic having any kind of affect on this team unless Britt goes down and we chose him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. What do you see in him that excites you so much?

Are you intoxicated? Britt is not an ALLPRO not even a pro bowler center.

Newsflash we cant pay everyone - britt will not be resigned.

But he was a pro bowl alternate his first year playing the position.

Which doesn't make him an All-Pro or a Pro Bowler.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Seanhawk":vx16w3ra said:
Smellyman":vx16w3ra said:
titan3131":vx16w3ra said:
nash72":vx16w3ra said:
Where do you see Ethan Pocic fitting in and being productive in his rookie season? Britt is an all pro Center. He should stay where he's at. If they move him to guard or tackle, it'll be a disaster especially with a rookie Center. Pocic at Guard or Tackle? He'll compete there and most likely lose. I cant see Procic having any kind of affect on this team unless Britt goes down and we chose him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. What do you see in him that excites you so much?

Are you intoxicated? Britt is not an ALLPRO not even a pro bowler center.

Newsflash we cant pay everyone - britt will not be resigned.

But he was a pro bowl alternate his first year playing the position.

Which doesn't make him an All-Pro or a Pro Bowler.

you just blew my mind

RockinHawks

Reaction score
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 40434.html

Nice little article mentioning his versatility; and, the fact that he's been personally working out with Kevin Mawae only makes me like this kid even more. Even though he was only with us for 4 years, I am still a HUGE Mawae fan.

Lets hope Pocic can work on his core strength, and work his way into a Bren-esque mauler on the line.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":bhugeymh said:
The fact that he didn't allow his opponent to sack his quarterback all year is inspiring news to me, especially when you consider LSU plays in the SEC. I'm thinking he'll be in the competition mix at guard.

Agreed. Shocked at how negative this place is with every pick.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Atradees":2oafsju0 said:
Something happened to our front office since 13. .

The FO decided they were spending too much $$$$ on O-lineman and needed to re-allocate to keep Wilson, LOB, et al.

It is indeed much cheaper to put a rag-tag bunch of big guys together, and put them at positions they didn't play before. They'll just be so thrilled they're in the NFL they won't ask for a ton of money, and will be happy enough to get a few selfies and maybe an autographed football. Not to mention getting into games at C-Link for free.

titan3131

Reaction score
austinslater25":1vxi2y50 said:
Siouxhawk":1vxi2y50 said:
The fact that he didn't allow his opponent to sack his quarterback all year is inspiring news to me, especially when you consider LSU plays in the SEC. I'm thinking he'll be in the competition mix at guard.

It's very off putting till you realize it's all people who don't really know football. They just wanted their huskies on the seahawks.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
RockinHawks":47jmh6bw said:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article147540434.html

Nice little article mentioning his versatility; and, the fact that he's been personally working out with Kevin Mawae only makes me like this kid even more. Even though he was only with us for 4 years, I am still a HUGE Mawae fan.

Lets hope Pocic can work on his core strength, and work his way into a Bren-esque mauler on the line.

This is great news!!! Mawae knows what it takes to play.... we must hv really wanted him. Explains why there were no visits or contact w him.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
austinslater25":2iaveat8 said:
Siouxhawk":2iaveat8 said:

You are shocked? They find a way to bitch about every, single, move that this team makes. They have chased tons of great people off the site. My question is, why is everyone still arguing with them? It is what they want, gets em' off.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I like his size, seems like a versatile player. Could be a stud, could be a bust, could be mediocre, I guess we will have to wait and see? However the sun did come up today so that is a good sign.

StoneCold

Reaction score
nash72":2360jp7i said:
Chapow":2360jp7i said:
nash72":2360jp7i said:
Awuzie just went and he's a ball hawk at the CB position. A freaking Center? This is becoming a nightmare.

The guy that acts like every single thing the Seahawks do is a nightmare thinks our draft is a nightmare. This was as predictable as death and taxes. :yawn:

As of right now the Hawks deserve an F for this draft. Most would agree. Pocic makes no sense what so ever.

Where have I heard that grade before? Hmmm. See you at the Super Bowl.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Without knowing much about Pocic, it looks like he's got size, smarts, and knows how to play OL.

I'll give him a chance. I'm guessing there are some intangibles the FO loved.

Plus, we can have lots of fun spelling Posic along with Prosise.

wazzuvius

Reaction score
Seems like this FO is forever cautious about 'can't miss' SAFE picks when their 4th round KJ Wright is currently occupying the position of the once vaunted Aaron Curry taken just before Pete and John's arrival. Maybe that immediately soured their perspective on the draft and it set the tone for this project building approach.

Atradees

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2vun2qyx said:
Atradees":2vun2qyx said:
Something happened to our front office since 13. .

The FO decided they were spending too much $$$$ on O-lineman and needed to re-allocate to keep Wilson, LOB, et al.

It is indeed much cheaper to put a rag-tag bunch of big guys together, and put them at positions they didn't play before. They'll just be so thrilled they're in the NFL they won't ask for a ton of money, and will be happy enough to get a few selfies and maybe an autographed football. Not to mention getting into games at C-Link for free.

Hahahahahah. According to NFL.com he had a 5.74 grade and they projected him to go from 2nd to third round.

This is a classic Tom Cable pick that despite being able to play multiple positions is a one dimensional (run blocking) player.
In a boom or bust vacuum, this guy is very likely not to be on our team in 3 years. BUST. 90% chance.

Obi Melifonwu S went 56
Zach Cunningham LB went 57
Juju Smith-Schuster WR went 62

These 3 guys were all in my day two mock. These three guys will be playing pro football in three years. This was an awful pick. So aweful in fact, it leads me to believe that the position coaches are making the picks. Cause nobody on planet earth decides to pick Ethan Pocic in round two at 58 with professional scouting feedback.

That being said, it doesnt look as bad as last years draft where we skipped over all the oline talent to pick back up running backs.

There. I vented. I liked the addressing of positions of need for the Hawks in S, CB, WR, OL........lets see if any make the team.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2mv1cvop said:
austinslater25":2mv1cvop said:
Siouxhawk":2mv1cvop said:

You are shocked? They find a way to bitch about every, single, move that this team makes. They have chased tons of great people off the site. My question is, why is everyone still arguing with them? It is what they want, gets em' off.

Whaaaa!

This crying is what keeps me off personally. Your post is the equivalent of ''get off my lawn''!

JS has a higher intelligence for finding football players than average. But no one is perfect, he by far included, so there is plenty of room for debate on each pick, and if not here, then where???

sutz

Reaction score
wazzuvius":3jwfbkcp said:
Seems like this FO is forever cautious about 'can't miss' SAFE picks when their 4th round KJ Wright is currently occupying the position of the once vaunted Aaron Curry taken just before Pete and John's arrival. Maybe that immediately soured their perspective on the draft and it set the tone for this project building approach.
I suspect that P&J's faith in their systems and philosophy of how to draft would not be seriously shaken by one pick, good or bad. It goes deeper than that, and it has delivered multiple playoff appearances and a couple of Super Bowl appearances. They know the odds of how often picks work out and don't, and they probably have a more "flexible" definition of what a good draft pick and/or a good football player is.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Four pages and the only video posted is from him getting dominated by Auburn? Anybody have any good tape?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Grahamhawker":1ctijol3 said:
Without knowing much about Pocic, it looks like he's got size, smarts, and knows how to play OL.

I'm just going to cringe every time I hear Počić's name pronounced "po-sick" instead of "po-chitch".

Gibbo

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":oyckrege said:
Grahamhawker":oyckrege said:

I'm just going to cringe every time I hear Počić's name pronounced "po-sick" instead of "po-chitch".

Ethan says Po-sick himself.

Make of that what you will.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":15qelxgo said:
Jimjones0384":15qelxgo said:
austinslater25":15qelxgo said:
Siouxhawk":15qelxgo said:

Whaaaa!

This crying is what keeps me off personally. Your post is the equivalent of ''get off my lawn''!

JS has a higher intelligence for finding football players than average. But no one is perfect, he by far included, so there is plenty of room for debate on each pick, and if not here, then where???
Debate, did you say Debate? Most of what's going on in here is negativity, sniveling & VENTING...No discussing or Debating.
By the way, I don't mind you being on my "lawn", just quit letting your dog shit all over it, or dig up the Wife's flowers.

Latest posts