Pick #27

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Here a couple mid round picks they did that suck total ass.
Lano Hill and Tedrick Thompson.

There's a bunch more but the point is quit being so cute especially since you already have plenty of draft picks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":3njksih8 said:
Here a couple mid round picks they did that suck total ass.
Lano Hill and Tedrick Thompson.

There's a bunch more but the point is quit being so cute especially since you already have plenty of draft picks.

The counter is how many late first round picks have they hit on?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm still not following your argument. If one player, say Jonathan Taylor, is available at #27 and they like him much better than everybody else then they should take him, or even trade up a few spots to do so.

However, that's the opposite of what you suggested in the OP, which is that "so many good players will be available at positions the Hawks need." If there are many good players available then we can still select one of them after trading down. The way this draft looks to me teams should either have a top 5 pick or as many 2nd and 3rd round picks as possible.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
OK, lets just keep trading back for players that never pan out or are crappy "depth" players with tons of "potential"....There's a LOT of good players available at 27 is all I'm saying. I give up. Everyone has to be so negative these days, what is the point?..To be right, or other?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2rxpio98 said:
OK, lets just keep trading back for players that never pan out or are crappy "depth" players with tons of "potential"....There's a LOT of good players available at 27 is all I'm saying. I give up. Everyone has to be so negative these days, what is the point?..To be right, or other?

Depth?

We've gotten more impact players after the first round then we have IN the 1st round.

So not sure what your point is.........how bout this, if there's an impact player available at 27, we take him. If not, trade back to get more pick(s).

You're acting like this is a black and white process where we'll know 100% definitively whether whoever's available at 27 will be good or not. Pete and John don't, and we sure as hell don't.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Iv'e done a lot of draft homework and I'm basing my opinion on that but Yeah, Hill and Thompson have been so great for the Hawks, Great depth that has for some reason other than injury, been starting (TT)...get rid of these tools and get some BAMF's. We lucked out in 2012, not since so this trade back artsy fartsy cute crap has run it's course, pick an actual football player in the 1st round for a change, they are THERE this year, and if you don't believe me do some research instead of watching every Netflix show before you show up here trying to debunk someone who has.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Largent80":5d6q2i59 said:
There's a LOT of good players available at 27 is all I'm saying.
Let's say you are correct. Do you think there could still be a good player available at #31? You seem to be suggesting that there will be tons of good options at #27 but none immediately afterwards and that's the part of your logic I'm not following.
Largent80":5d6q2i59 said:
they are THERE this year, and if you don't believe me do some research instead of watching every Netflix show before you show up here trying to debunk someone who has.
I'd wager most people posting on this board in March have spent a significant amount of time looking at the upcoming draft. It's all there is to do right now until FA's can be signed.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
AgentDib":manq41uj said:
I'd wager most people posting on this board in March have spent a significant amount of time looking at the upcoming draft. It's all there is to do right now until FA's can be signed.

I was speaking to my buddy Largent...hahaha.....But yeah

kf3339

Reaction score
AgentDib":3v5emqfl said:
Largent80":3v5emqfl said:
There's a LOT of good players available at 27 is all I'm saying.
Let's say you are correct. Do you think there could still be a good player available at #31? You seem to be suggesting that there will be tons of good options at #27 but none immediately afterwards and that's the part of your logic I'm not following.
Largent80":3v5emqfl said:
they are THERE this year, and if you don't believe me do some research instead of watching every Netflix show before you show up here trying to debunk someone who has.

Yes to the second comment. It has been boring as hell since the end of the season. At least FA is only a week away so there is that at least.

LTH

Reaction score
Largent80":mcoapozi said:

There is a good chance that the Hawks pick at 27 and your points are valid with the exception of the fact that the Hawks are unconventional in there thinking about players and where they rank on the board... So a player that every other team ranks a first round pick, the Hawks might have him ranked a 2nd round pick because of their criteria... Is it right? Who knows... its just the way it is...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
This year we have a good amount of picks round 1 - 3, we don't need to get cute to get more 5th and 6th rounders.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1n2a09vr said:
Iv'e done a lot of draft homework and I'm basing my opinion on that but Yeah, Hill and Thompson have been so great for the Hawks, Great depth that has for some reason other than injury, been starting (TT)...get rid of these tools and get some BAMF's. We lucked out in 2012, not since so this trade back artsy fartsy cute crap has run it's course, pick an actual football player in the 1st round for a change, they are THERE this year, and if you don't believe me do some research instead of watching every Netflix show before you show up here trying to debunk someone who has.

Sorry, I didn't know quickly looking up a major mock draft and seeing potential players like Ruiz and Taylor being available at 27 is "done a lot of draft homework."

Hopefully Pete and John are using some of their downtime to come here and read your complex and well researched draft opinions. You're the same guy who doesn't even understand when people are explaining contract restructuring, so sorry if I don't exactly respect your knee jerk "WE NEED TO JUST DRAFT SOMEONE GOOD AT 27 AND STOP MESSING AROUND! opinion.

btw, I'd be fine with taking Ruiz at 27 if we're going to cut Britt. Same with Taylor, I've said numerous times that I don't trust either Carson or Penny to be ready to go by training camp, that leaves a giant hole at a very important position in this offense. It'd also mean we don't have to worry about trying to sign Carson long term.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
[*]F.A. will possibly affect what they do, but getting a badasses center would be great regardless of if they keep Britt or not. Even better if they do so transition will be easy.

Latest posts