Pick #27 Rashaad Penny RB

toffee

Reaction score
Wartooth":xcm4yrlj said:
Reach huh? He would have been gone early second round...
I see what Pete and John see, a great back who can be coached up to be even better.
Oh! And this... 'In addition to raw skill, there’s unique durability. He never missed a game in his career.'
Great Pick!
Go Hawks!
Pats would have taken Penny if Pete didn’t intercept. So they settled for Sony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawknation2018

Reaction score
toffee":3c7c4mjl said:
Wartooth":3c7c4mjl said:
I see what Pete and John see, a great back who can be coached up to be even better.
Oh! And this... 'In addition to raw skill, there’s unique durability. He never missed a game in his career.'
Great Pick!
Go Hawks!

I'm not seeing that reported anywhere.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
toffee":2yi5xbdu said:
Wartooth":2yi5xbdu said:
Great Pick!
Go Hawks!

I see what you did there. :twisted: :2thumbs:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2mrcw3dj said:
toffee":2mrcw3dj said:
Wartooth":2mrcw3dj said:
Great Pick!
Go Hawks!

I see what you did there. :twisted: :2thumbs:

Alliteration?

Boycie

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2l41urxe said:
kf3339":2l41urxe said:
And what O-Line is going to block for him?

Should have went Hernandez for LG. Just saying

Ok but we need play makers on offense to aren't you concerned about Carson I mean he's already blown out his knee. Just sayin.

Carson was running pretty well behind the same o-line before he went down, so I am pretty pumped about what this kid can do!

People can complain about where he was picked, but when you have a guy that you really like, and you feel he is going to get taken, then you have to pull the trigger.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":38ol8jjd said:
RB's getting into a rhythm IS important, sometimes they just don't get there, match ups is an other thing, why you have multiple weapons to use.

I have to wonder if the Patriots or Cleveland made that call, Browns wanted him but Patriots grabbed a known fumbler which Belechik hates as soon as they picked again.

My money on Patriots, basically Pete intercepted just in time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm OK with the pick, although I would have preferred Hernandez as a sure fire road grating guard to finally solidify this terrible line. Could plug that dude right in.

Only problem I have with Penny is I'm already hearing Pete saying he's going to share carries and be on special teams. I guess that's fine? But if you're drafting a RB in the first round, he better be your 25 carriers a game bell cow back.

I feel like you can get a sharing carries RB/kick returner later in the draft.

SeahawksRawk

Reaction score
I really like this pick for that position.

Should we have started with that position?
We already have talent at RB, We still have huge holes in the O-line, Are we just going to forget about TE (any 1RD talent after Hurst?) D-line, CB, WR or did they just take their "Best available".

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The only real argument against is strength of competition. He played well against Stanford Arizona state and played well at the senior bowl I don't buy that argument. The other argument is they could have gotten him later ,no he was coming off the board late first early second round so they had to take him at 27 that's been confirmed at this point .

Blitzer88

Reaction score
hawknation2018":14mq7v76 said:
Beren":14mq7v76 said:
They tried to trade for Penny AFTER he came off the board.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... haad-penny

Feel even better about last night now.

Or great PR work from John!

Probably the Browns, which would jive with the rumor that they wanted to take him at No. 33.

So whether this makes you feel better about the pick probably depends on whether you trust the Browns' player evaluation.

Well if you are a fan of Scott McLaughlin then you should be a fan of this as he now works for the Browns.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":9yn0je8z said:
You have made a great, great pick. Don't pay attention to the fools to think they know something about Rashaad Penny. I live here in San Diego. I have season tickets to the San Diego State Aztecs. I've seen every game he played both home and away in person and on TV. Rashaad Penny is the REAL DEAL!

5'11" 220 lbs. 4.46 forty yard dash. 2,248 yards rushing, 23 TD's. 7 kick return TD's (tied for an FBS record). He also had punt return TD's in addition to that. Which is all the more impressive when you consider they were terrified to even kick to him. They did not kick to him. If they kicked to him he would have 15 return TD's. He is awesome on special teams and awesome as a RB too.

He catches so good that they would line him up wide and send him deep sometimes. Plus he makes plays that way. They thought at one time of putting him at WR because he catches so well.

Stop paying attention to the FOOLS who think they know something about Penny. He is pretty much on par with Barkley for explosive plays. He may have more yards than Barkley. I could see him be offensive rookie of the year. He has the ability. He's hugely explosive with great vision and moves. The so called "experts" and "analysts" just watch nationally televised games. Therefore they see USC, LSU, Georgia and others and assume (wrongly) that those guys are great or better than Penny (they are not). Penny is just from a less known program, does not get the exposure, does not get the nationally televised games. Both posters on here and analysts suffer from this problem. They have not seen him play and they think they so called experts are right. They are wrong!

I will tell you this. Your GM said they would pick him at #18. He is worth every bit of that. He's a STEAL at #27. In fact if he stays healthy and you build your O Line a bit around him people will look back at this draft and wonder why he was picked #27. Because truth be told he is FAR BETTER THAN THAT. You just got a top 10 - 15 player in this draft. He will go to Pro Bowls if he can stay healthy. I wish we got him. But you did. Good for you.

The guys who are complaining about this are soon to be proven badly wrong. Wait and see!

:D
Thanks for the info, much appreciated! :2thumbs:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
GeekHawk":21g8v7gn said:
The real question is, does Mel Kiper hate the pick? If so, then we can't go wrong with the kid.

Well, to be honest, he has also disliked our last few drafts and they turned our to be bad drafts.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":31mafawc said:
kf3339":31mafawc said:

Ok but we need play makers on offense to aren't you concerned about Carson I mean he's already blown out his knee. Just sayin.
Except Carson didn't blow out his knee (leg fracture below the knee). Just sayin'. But we certainly DO need more playmakers at the RB spot. Penny and Carson a great 1-2 combo.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2ihfe45b said:
The real question is, does Mel Kiper hate the pick? If so, then we can't go wrong with the kid.
Well, Pete Prisco hated it, giving us a 'D' grade, soooo, I am Pumped and Jacked for this pick!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":203squ5v said:
Northwest Seahawk":203squ5v said:
kf3339":203squ5v said:

Except Carson didn't blow out his knee (leg fracture below the knee). Just sayin'. But we certainly DO need more playmakers at the RB spot. Penny and Carson a great 1-2 combo.

No man he had surgery and there was ligament damage in there to I just read it . He's also had some work done on his ankle. He can come back from it but it was a significant injury.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Rashaad Penny 216 yards at Arizona State and San Diego has very little offense other than Rashaad.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2nflo5j2 said:
No man he had surgery and there was ligament damage in there to I just read it . He's also had some work done on his ankle. He can come back from it but it was a significant injury.

In my last motorcycle wreck (I was T-boned by a car) I didn't blow out my knee. I 'just' broke my leg and heelbone, and had tendon and ligament damage. Surgery. It was a significant injury, and I'm never coming fully back from it to even walk normally, let alone run. So we can't really be sure if he'll be able to make an elite-athlete-level recovery or not.

Decimation

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3jej2egi said:
You have made a great, great pick. Don't pay attention to the fools to think they know something about Rashaad Penny. I live here in San Diego. I have season tickets to the San Diego State Aztecs. I've seen every game he played both home and away in person and on TV. Rashaad Penny is the REAL DEAL!

5'11" 220 lbs. 4.46 forty yard dash. 2,248 yards rushing, 23 TD's. 7 kick return TD's (tied for an FBS record). He also had punt return TD's in addition to that. Which is all the more impressive when you consider they were terrified to even kick to him. They did not kick to him. If they kicked to him he would have 15 return TD's. He is awesome on special teams and awesome as a RB too.

He catches so good that they would line him up wide and send him deep sometimes. Plus he makes plays that way. They thought at one time of putting him at WR because he catches so well.

Stop paying attention to the FOOLS who think they know something about Penny. He is pretty much on par with Barkley for explosive plays. He may have more yards than Barkley. I could see him be offensive rookie of the year. He has the ability. He's hugely explosive with great vision and moves. The so called "experts" and "analysts" just watch nationally televised games. Therefore they see USC, LSU, Georgia and others and assume (wrongly) that those guys are great or better than Penny (they are not). Penny is just from a less known program, does not get the exposure, does not get the nationally televised games. Both posters on here and analysts suffer from this problem. They have not seen him play and they think they so called experts are right. They are wrong!

I will tell you this. Your GM said they would pick him at #18. He is worth every bit of that. He's a STEAL at #27. In fact if he stays healthy and you build your O Line a bit around him people will look back at this draft and wonder why he was picked #27. Because truth be told he is FAR BETTER THAN THAT. You just got a top 10 - 15 player in this draft. He will go to Pro Bowls if he can stay healthy. I wish we got him. But you did. Good for you.

The guys who are complaining about this are soon to be proven badly wrong. Wait and see!

:D

Fantastic insight. I’m very impressed with the pick, so can’t relate to some of the armchair GMs on this board. He will be a great player for us and I’m happy we got him where we got him.

Now we need to get o-line, CB, and some d-line talent and this team will be ready to roll.

Latest posts