Pick #170, Tye Smith, CB, Towson

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
MrThortan":1jsgt0hg said:
Reading his draft profile I don't see him getting past the practice squad this year. Could be a good long term project though.

lol

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Let's wait and see what this young man does in training camp and pre season before we label this pick a reach.

Mel Kiper was high on him for what that's worth.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I get that we pick who we like and we have certain traits we look for and a belief we can make something out of them but every freaking year we way over reach to get a lot of these guys.
Easily could have had this guy with either sixth round pick if not our seventh.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Sorry guys forgot that PC and JS are infallible and yes Jesse Williams turned out to have not redeeming value

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
chet380":1ha14a4n said:
NFL.com analysis --

WEAKNESSES Looks rail thin in the uniform. Skinny through entire lower body. No sand in his pants to take on physical wide receivers. Complete non-factor tackling size on perimeter. Play strength is a major issue for him. A little sloppy opening up out of press.

DRAFT PROJECTION Undrafted

BOTTOM LINE Average athletic traits with decent ball skills but a substantial deficiency in play strength. West Virginia peppered Smith with hitches to wide receiver Kevin White and Smith was unable to respond favorably. He can make it into a camp, but likely lacks enough meat on his bones to become a roster factor.

This looks like a major reach
Major reach? It's basically the 6th round already.

Besides, who cares what those say?

WEAKNESSES Can be baited out of position when in zone and a tick late to diagnose underneath routes. Tall, high-cut prospect who displays some hip-stiffness. Not explosive when transitioning or when changing direction. Lacks great recovery skills when beaten off the line. Can struggle tacking in the open field at times.

WEAKNESSES Lacks the hip fluidity to maintain his speed in transition and will not be able to stick in man coverage. Does not have the instincts to anticipate routes and overcome his lack of agility in man. Takes poor angles at times in run support and struggles to break down ball carriers in the open field.

WEAKNESSES Can play over aggressive at times, take poor angles and is susceptible to play fakes. Taller player who could improve his pad level. Needs to be lower in his back peddle. Is more comfortable in the box and doesn’t possess the coverage skills, ball skills and instincts to be consistently relied upon against the pass.

Want to guess who's those are about?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The guy was projected to go undrafted. There is no reason to think he was suddenly a hot commodity out of Towson. Wonder why the Hawks grabbed him now instead of later?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawkfan77":1uojdljp said:
WEAKNESSES Can be baited out of position when in zone and a tick late to diagnose underneath routes. Tall, high-cut prospect who displays some hip-stiffness. Not explosive when transitioning or when changing direction. Lacks great recovery skills when beaten off the line. Can struggle tacking in the open field at times.

WEAKNESSES Lacks the hip fluidity to maintain his speed in transition and will not be able to stick in man coverage. Does not have the instincts to anticipate routes and overcome his lack of agility in man. Takes poor angles at times in run support and struggles to break down ball carriers in the open field.

WEAKNESSES Can play over aggressive at times, take poor angles and is susceptible to play fakes. Taller player who could improve his pad level. Needs to be lower in his back peddle. Is more comfortable in the box and doesn’t possess the coverage skills, ball skills and instincts to be consistently relied upon against the pass.

Want to guess who's those are about?

Some Seahawks cornerback taken in the fifth round?

Pick6

Reaction score
Dude has 32 inch arms. Pretty much a requirement for all their corners.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1l6c89x6 said:
The guy was projected to go undrafted. There is no reason to think he was suddenly a hot commodity out of Towson. Wonder why the Hawks grabbed him now instead of later?
You're inside NFL war rooms? Who's to say he would have made it to our next pick? The Hawks get the players they want and so far it's been more successful than not

oasis

Reaction score
My concern is that with Lane's healthy returnability in question, we have no nickels to replace him except for Burley. I hope we are still looking for a scrappy guy to cover the slot, because it seems like we already have an at-least competent maxwell replacement in cary williams.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wasn't even projected as a priority free agent. I have high hopes for him as a player with development but why the heck do we spend our fifth on this guy? We wasted our fifth last year on a player no one was going to ever draft either. Head scratcher for me.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Natethegreat":198ddtot said:
I get that we pick who we like and we have certain traits we look for and a belief we can make something out of them but every freaking year we way over reach to get a lot of these guys.

Citation? Evidence?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Natethegreat":h5sbprqr said:

I dont want this to come off like a personal attack especially since Ive heard this kind of talk a lot but do you realize how short-sighted this post makes you look? Think about the hundreds of hours P&J and the other guys in the organization spend on analyzing each potential draft selection and the market that exists for each players they wish to select. Now also just think of the inner workings of the draft, with GMs wheeling and dealing and always trying to avoid revealing who they are going to select. We as fans are the last to hear anything; we are the polar opposite of people in "the know". We simply hear what the media wants to tell us. So with the astronomically small amount of info you actually know, you going to try to bitch and say P&J should have waited to select there guy later? Really?

titan3131

Reaction score
CHECK THIS OUT OMFG

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/zOuZGxFweG/[/instagram]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Best part is it doesn't matter what the fans think. They do what they think is best for their system, and it's very hard to argue with the results they have had in the draft. :th2thumbs:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":24aonxku said:
Natethegreat":24aonxku said:

I dont want this to come off like a personal attack especially since Ive heard this kind of talk a lot but do you realize how short-sighted this post makes you look? Think about the hundreds of hours P&J and the other guys in the organization spend on analyzing each potential draft selection and the market that exists for each players they wish to select. Now also just think of the inner workings of the draft, with GMs wheeling and dealing and always trying to avoid revealing who they are going to select. We as fans are the last to hear anything; we are the polar opposite of people in "the know". We simply hear what the media wants to tell us. So with the astronomically small amount of info you actually know, you going to try to bitch and say P&J should have waited to select there guy later? Really?

But it says so in the draft magazine he bought at a grocery store.

McGruff

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":o752z2bi said:

I had him on my perosnal seahawks specific board asa 4th rounder.hes a steal in the 5th.

so far my board has clark as an early 2nd, lockett as a 4th, poole as a 5th, Glowinski as a 2nd and Smith at a 4th.