Phil Simms and CBS commentary

NinjaHawk38

Reaction score
He was annoying the crap out of me the whole game and it seemed like they were rooting for us to lose and have the Donkeys prove their offseason moves will make the difference. I almost wanted to mute the TV. Is there a way I can stream Kiro710 /Steve Raible / Warren Moon. The only thing is I live in San Diego. During the game I tried to find a link online but they said coverage wasn't available in my area. Thanks in Advance Go Hawks !!!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He was incredibly irritating throughout the broadcast.

Broncos fans also don't like him, as 42,000 of them signed a petition last week to ban him from broadcasting their games. Maybe that influenced his rooting interest in yesterday's game. But the question is, why does he have a rooting interest?

That just tells me he's bad at what he does and fans in general don't like his bias.

Cartire

Reaction score
I was extremely annoyed with his constant rehashing of the offsides penalty, as if the Broncos were screwed over from it, and it wasnt right.

The call was wrong. We get that. But it happened both ways on other plays, and I heard nothing from him. Im still trying to find the false start the Britt had. The one that they didnt replay once. And Simms said nothing about. The one that was non-existent.

Bad calls happen. But his commentary during them was what made them insufferable.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1j218h9j said:

Broncos fans also don't like him, as 42,000 of them signed a petition last week to ban him from broadcasting their games. Maybe that influenced his rooting interest in yesterday's game. But the question is, why does he have a rooting interest?

That just tells me he's bad at what he does and fans in general don't like his bias.

I'd call it a "ratings interest" rather than a "rooting" one. I chalked it up to the Manning infatuation in general (Outside of Boston) than anything else. Simms is a huge Wilson fan so id didn't bother me too much.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cartire":72g9yzpl said:
I was extremely annoyed with his constant rehashing of the offsides penalty, as if the Broncos were screwed over from it, and it wasnt right.

The call was wrong. We get that. But it happened both ways on other plays, and I heard nothing from him. Im still trying to find the false start the Britt had. The one that they didnt replay once. And Simms said nothing about. The one that was non-existent.

Bad calls happen. But his commentary during them was what made them insufferable.

That non-penalty was one of the worst calls/non-calls in recent memory. It's right up there with Harvin's foot being completely out of bounds. They kept re-hashing it because the game was slow and tied 3-3 and it was brutally ridiculous it happened.

Please, someone, anyone, post an animated GIF or video of the Britt false start to demonstrate that it's on the same level as horrible as a dude practically climbing over the guard before the snap.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Basis4day":3elumdwg said:
hawknation2014":3elumdwg said:

I'd call it a "ratings interest" rather than a "rooting" one. I chalked it up to the Manning infatuation in general (Outside of Boston) than anything else. Simms is a huge Wilson fan so id didn't bother me too much.

There were a number of comments by Simms that were like nails on a chalkboard. The comment about Carroll not having the defense prepared for the out route was probably the worst. Just overall, it was a ridiculous level of bias that you don't expect from a professional broadcaster.

Cartire

Reaction score
bmorepunk":6hnyqowz said:
Cartire":6hnyqowz said:

That non-penalty was one of the worst calls/non-calls in recent memory. It's right up there with Harvin's foot being completely out of bounds. They kept re-hashing it because the game was slow and tied 3-3 and it was brutally ridiculous it happened.

Please, someone, anyone, post an animated GIF or video of the Britt false start to demonstrate that it's on the same level as horrible as a dude practically climbing over the guard before the snap.

They were both bad calls. One being more egregious compared to other is moot. An official not calling an obvious penalty and an official calling one that never happened are both bad calls. One doesnt need to be bigger then the other, ESPECIALLY since they both happened at roughly the same yardage and both on third downs. If anything, they offset each other.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How about when he praised Manning for checking in to the run plays on third and long? Boomer Esiason blew a gasket over that during the half time show.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NinjaHawk38":182c6g3f said:
He was annoying the crap out of me the whole game and it seemed like they were rooting for us to lose and have the Donkeys prove their offseason moves will make the difference. I almost wanted to mute the TV. Is there a way I can stream Kiro710 /Steve Raible / Warren Moon. The only thing is I live in San Diego. During the game I tried to find a link online but they said coverage wasn't available in my area. Thanks in Advance Go Hawks !!!

Huh?

Simms was gushing all over Wilson for most of the game.

But I know, EVERYONE'S OUT TO GET US! OMG EAST COAST MEDIA BIAS! THE LEAGUE CREATES RULES FOR PEYTON!

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":30mjnu4c said:
NinjaHawk38":30mjnu4c said:

Huh?

But I know, EVERYONE'S OUT TO GET US! OMG EAST COAST MEDIA BIAS! THE LEAGUE CREATES RULES FOR PEYTON!

Dude, you cant tell me he wasnt annoying. Yes, he praised everyone at some points. And he does gush over Wilson. That doesnt mean he wasnt crazily annoying the entire game. Do you disagree?

and the league does create rules for Peyton. That wasnt even up for debate.

OP
OP
NinjaHawk38

NinjaHawk38

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ugsm4xa said:
NinjaHawk38":2ugsm4xa said:

Huh?

He didn't do that until the second half or the end. But his enthusiasm sounded more towards Peyton and the great job the Donkeys were doing. When they were showing the stats of Peyton listen to his enthusiasm and then they do the stats of Wilson he sounded monotone. Nonetheless we won but I really wanted to just mute it. I feel that way when our games are done by CBS.

So ia there a way to stream or listen to Raible and Moon out of The PNW region ?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ebnqgcma said:
NinjaHawk38":ebnqgcma said:

Huh?

Wow, I'm kind of shocked a knowledgable Seahawks wasn't irritated by that broadcast. It seemed to me Simms was actively cheering our demise from beginning to end.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2lki6530 said:
NinjaHawk38":2lki6530 said:

Huh?

Yes made comments about how Wilson was playing great, made comments about how good and underrated our WR's are and are the best blocking group in the league. Praised Sherman and said people who called him out last game don't know what they are talking about. I think he praised both teams yesterday.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cartire":2sbgiw9m said:
bmorepunk":2sbgiw9m said:
Cartire":2sbgiw9m said:

They were both bad calls. One being more egregious compared to other is moot. An official not calling an obvious penalty and an official calling one that never happened are both bad calls. One doesnt need to be bigger then the other, ESPECIALLY since they both happened at roughly the same yardage and both on third downs. If anything, they offset each other.

Yeah, they're totally the same thing. There were two guys staring right at Britt, right? Because there were two dudes looking down the line of scrimmage and somehow one of them was so convincing they overturned it. You're saying the Britt penalty was non-existent; the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1tmbwzki said:
Sgt. Largent":1tmbwzki said:
NinjaHawk38":1tmbwzki said:

Huh?

Wow, I'm kind of shocked a knowledgable Seahawks wasn't irritated by that broadcast. It seemed to me Simms was actively cheering our demise from beginning to end.

You hear what you want to hear.

If you're a open minded football fan and not hyper focused on the broadcasters perceived slights to the Hawks, then you'll hear both sides of the commentary.

But A LOT of Hawks fans don't do that. They only hear the announcers talking well of the other team, and see that as a slight to the Hawks, when in fact if you went back and listened to the game, you'd see it's just about perfectly even every single game.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":27ijn9kj said:
Sgt. Largent":27ijn9kj said:
NinjaHawk38":27ijn9kj said:

Huh?

Yes made comments about how Wilson was playing great, made comments about how good and underrated our WR's are and are the best blocking group in the league. Praised Sherman and said people who called him out last game don't know what they are talking about. I think he praised both teams yesterday.

There's a difference between finding Simms generally being annoying and saying he's a Broncos or Manning homer. There's been a rash of people complaining about how "biased" he was against the Seahawks yesterday, and this is silly. The general comments about him being annoying are understandable. I think his approach and analysis are good, but his delivery is less than desirable for many people.

253hawk

Reaction score
Nantz was just as bad about the off-sides. They also didn't take into account the slight delay between Manning's cadence and Ramirez's snap (which could have been a snap infraction) because there's no audio during replay. Just because the defense got a jump doesn't mean the ball moved when it was supposed to, but I'll have to re-watch it to see. In any case, it was nothing compared to when we play the Whiners and they are lined up in the NZ constantly and never draw a flag for it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vzmfus9 said:
hawknation2014":2vzmfus9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2vzmfus9 said:
NinjaHawk38":2vzmfus9 said:

Huh?

You hear what you want to hear.

If you're a open minded football fan and not hyper focused on the broadcasters perceived slights to the Hawks, then you'll hear both sides of the commentary.

But A LOT of Hawks fans don't do that. They only hear the announcers talking well of the other team, and see that as a slight to the Hawks, when in fact if you went back and listened to the game, you'd see it's just about perfectly even every single game.

I don't care whom Simms was rooting for . . . I found him to be an extremely obnoxious broadcaster and was tempted to mute the game on several occasions because of how irritating he was. Even 42,000 Broncos fans seem to agree that this guy sucks.

Cartire

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3qq9xcig said:
Cartire":3qq9xcig said:
bmorepunk":3qq9xcig said:
Cartire":3qq9xcig said:

Yeah, they're totally the same thing. There were two guys staring right at Britt, right? Because there were two dudes looking down the line of scrimmage and somehow one of them was so convincing they overturned it. You're saying the Britt penalty was non-existent; the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate this.

ha, burden of proof. No thank you. You can watch the game again if you want. I dont care if you believe me or not. But im not taking the time to rip the video just so you can be satisfied. Play is at 2:18 left in the 1st qtr if you want to rewatch it.

Latest posts