Phil Haynes???

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of Haynes? I know he is IR. Is he done for this year. I remember all the talk about him in last year's rookie training camp. He looked really promising, then missed the entire year. Looks like that for this year too. I would have loved to see him teaming up with Damian Lewis as a guard tandem. The progression of the offensive line is great ever since Cable left. The trade for Duane Brown was one of Schneider's finest trades even if there were quite a few who though the price was steep. But he has brought stability to the line. He is a great mentor. I do think however we need to look to the future for our next Left Tackle.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Are you thinking of someone else? Haynes isn’t on IR. He was activated in November and has been inactive the past two games. He’s the backup to Iupati and Lewis so wouldn’t really be playing except for injury.

He was on PUP after having a sports hernia surgery in the 2019 offseason so he wasn’t practicing his rookie year in camp. You can’t be on PUP if you make a single practice appearance in training camp.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2e3yiq27 said:
Are you thinking of someone else? Haynes isn’t on IR. He was activated in November and has been inactive the past two games. He’s the backup to Iupati and Lewis so wouldn’t really be playing except for injury.

He was on PUP after having a sports hernia surgery in the 2019 offseason so he wasn’t practicing his rookie year in camp. You can’t be on PUP if you make a single practice appearance in training camp.

Pete has indicated Haynes is destined to be returned to IR as his injury is more long term. This seems to be why the team is soon to be adding OG- Alec Boone to the PS roster.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Would be great to have Haynes back, but next year, guess.
Jordan Simmons is a beast in the run game, needs work in pass pro.