OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2gmrjlo0 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Petty, petty, Mavin. :D

In any case, despite last night Hyde could still end up having an awful year, but even if that happens, from last night* it's safe to say that if that happens it won't happen because he's slow and lumbering. :lol: (why people reacted so vociferously to the argument in the first place).

*(never mind last year and in college; the argument was always ridiculous)

I admit it. It's petty. I don't care. :lol:

They may not win another game and he may not gain another yard, but as you say...it ain't because he's too slow and lumbering.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Lol, I can dig it Marv. I still haven't seen proof that this isn't you and popeye though.

TOTAL RECALL KUATO

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3r9684us said:
Lol, I can dig it Marv. I still haven't seen proof that this isn't you and popeye though.

TOTAL RECALL KUATO

:lol:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hyde looked really quick and decisive last night. Kinda reminded me of a young Michael Turner. Yikes.

The Purples also displayed some of the worst linebacker play that the world has ever seen, holy shit. It's like they were instructed not to man their zone/lanes.

NFLFan45

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2aqwwfed said:
One game against the Vikings means very little.

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!

You got owned brah.

I despise the 9ers but come on man, "slow, lumbering"?? Get real.

Nothing I saw from Hyde last night looked slow or lumbering. He looked pretty quick and plenty fast to me.

Marv, it won't even be worth arguing with someone who lets their fanaticism for their own team lead them to overrate players on their favorite team while under rating players from other teams.

Hyde could lead the league in YPC this year and in explosive runs and this brah will simply say "one season doesn't matter"
You can't argue with homers or as I call them "super fans". They are literally like the characters on the old SNL skit about Bears fans.

"Slow and lumbering"???

You know who looked slow and lumbering this week? Marshawn as the Rams D kept stacking him up. Esp on the 4th down in OT.

(Marshawn is a beast, top 5 rb for sure. The combo of that porous oline and a dominant dline kind of made him look slow and lumbering)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NFLFan45":u0flpcez said:
hawknation2015":u0flpcez said:

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!

You got owned brah.

Nothing I saw from Hyde last night looked slow or lumbering. He looked pretty quick and plenty fast to me.

Marv, it won't even be worth arguing with someone who lets their fanaticism for their own team lead them to overrate players on their favorite team while under rating players from other teams.

Hyde could lead the league in YPC this year and in explosive runs and this brah will simply say "one season doesn't matter"
You can't argue with homers or as I call them "super fans". They are literally like the characters on the old SNL skit about Bears fans.

"Slow and lumbering"???

You know who looked slow and lumbering this week? Marshawn as the Rams D kept stacking him up. Esp on the 4th down in OT.

(Marshawn is a beast, top 5 rb for sure. The combo of that porous oline and a dominant dline kind of made him look slow and lumbering)

The weight loss did appear to add to his speed and quickness. We will have to see how he does beyond the first game of the season.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2dhk577y said:
NFLFan45":2dhk577y said:
hawknation2015":2dhk577y said:

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!

You got owned brah.

"Slow and lumbering"???

The weight loss did appear to add to his speed and quickness. We will have to see how he does beyond the first game of the season.

Can't give it up can you?

Its never been about how good he'll be. Its been about why he got caught in the backfield. You maintained it was because he was "slow and lumbering"...which has been ridiculous from the very start.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I love how much 9ers fans want to say Seattle is just the luckiest team on earth but ignore the NFL giving them the easiest game of the opening week making an east coast team travel 3 hours and then start a football game when they would normally be going to bed. Add to that playing against a completely new scheme with no way to game plan. I still believe the Vikings are the better team they were just killed by the schedule makers. Why the league would allow this as the first match up is beyond me. That was truly unfair to the Vikings and the outcome was very predictable. If it was somehow random, that is some incredible luck right there.

Now they play Pittsburgh. Probably the worst defense in the league and Bell doesn't come back until the following week. Again very predictable results.

Seattle was lucky enough to draw our toughest competitor over the last few years, in a 10am start and against a QB with no game tape to prepaid for. Oh well at least we get to travel to Lambough need week. We're so lucky.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":3j6bm7v6 said:
hawknation2015":3j6bm7v6 said:
NFLFan45":3j6bm7v6 said:
hawknation2015":3j6bm7v6 said:

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!

You got owned brah.

"Slow and lumbering"???

Its never been about how good he'll be. Its been about why he got caught in the backfield. You maintained it was because he was "slow and lumbering"...which has been ridiculous from the very start.

Which is why he chose to drop 20 lbs in one off-season . . . not because it would improve his quickness and speed.

Not in Marvin's world.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":vqjv4vrl said:
I love how much 9ers fans want to say Seattle is just the luckiest team on earth but ignore the NFL giving them the easiest game of the opening week making an east coast team travel 3 hours and then start a football game when they would normally be going to bed. Add to that playing against a completely new scheme with no way to game plan. I still believe the Vikings are the better team they were just killed by the schedule makers. Why the league would allow this as the first match up is beyond me. That was truly unfair to the Vikings and the outcome was very predictable. If it was somehow random, that is some incredible luck right there.

Now they play Pittsburgh. Probably the worst defense in the league and Bell doesn't come back until the following week. Again very predictable results.

Seattle was lucky enough to draw our toughest competitor over the last few years, in a 10am start and against a QB with no game tape to prepaid for. Oh well at least we get to travel to Lambough need week. We're so lucky.

1) Never said a word about Seattle being lucky.
2) The Niners play the Steelers on EST on 5 days rest when the Steelers had 10 and are playing at home. Yeah. Real "lucky".

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":10ujrhct said:
Marvin49":10ujrhct said:
hawknation2015":10ujrhct said:
NFLFan45":10ujrhct said:
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!

You got owned brah.

"Slow and lumbering"???

Which is why he chose to drop 20 lbs in one off-season . . . not because it would improve his quickness and speed.

Not in Marvin's world.

He didn't lose 20 lbs. LOL. He lost weight to be quicker as players who aren't called "slow and lumbering" do, but he didn't lose 20 lbs.

I love how you completely ignore any footage that disproves your entire theory and instead only refer to the fact that he lost weight and a 40 time where he pulled up lame.

You lost dude. The fact that you continue the fight proves only that the argument is pointless. You simply won't admit you were wrong. Period. Notice you don't have many peeps here defending your position.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just to make this clear...

The argument is that Hyde is "slow and lumbering" and that losing weight this offseason has made a huge difference. So much so that this guy...
2jbf2tjt638bsmtfg
Rro6k8qvzjc6zyqfg
1gqugx14zbwr5bnzg

...is totally different than THIS guy.
Pcil9j84zd0gepezg
Ps3nnylwlnrrc14zg

He's ALWAYS been elusive. That's not a new development no matter how much you want it to be true in order to be "right".

BTW, here's that "slow and lumbering" guy in college.
Hydesuperman
Carlos hyde td

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":21ouc5e4 said:
hawknation2015":21ouc5e4 said:
Marvin49":21ouc5e4 said:
hawknation2015":21ouc5e4 said:

Not in Marvin's world.

He didn't lose 20 lbs. LOL. He lost weight to be quicker as players who aren't called "slow and lumbering" do, but he didn't lose 20 lbs.

I love how you completely ignore any footage that disproves your entire theory and instead only refer to the fact that he lost weight and a 40 time where he pulled up lame.

You lost dude. The fact that you continue the fight proves only that the argument is pointless. You simply won't admit you were wrong. Period. Notice you don't have many peeps here defending your position.

He does look faster to me; that I will admit. And now it's your turn to admit that he lost a significant amount of weight for a reason, which was to improve his speed so that he would be more elusive and not get caught in the backfield at a higher rate than just about any other back in the league last season, en route to a paltry 4.0 yards per carry.

Hyde looked like he was carrying around 240 last season; now he is reportedly down to the mid-220 lbs, the lightest he has been since his freshman year of college.

You are getting WAY ahead of yourself after one game. Give it a rest. Let's see what he does against a decent run defense before you crown him as anything more than mediocre. Whiner fans are crowing about Hyde, after one freaking game, like they were about Michael Cabtree, circa 2012.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":ejvyipqf said:
You are getting WAY ahead of yourself after one game. Give it a rest. Let's see what he does against a decent run defense before you crown him as anything more than mediocre.

Um, here's the single thing Marvin has said in this thread since Monday about Hyde moving forward:

Marvin49":ejvyipqf said:
They may not win another game and he may not gain another yard, but as you say, it ain't because he's too slow and lumbering.

That's him getting "WAY ahead of" himself? That's what he needs to give a rest?

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":11ggo9s2 said:
hawknation2015":11ggo9s2 said:
You are getting WAY ahead of yourself after one game. Give it a rest. Let's see what he does against a decent run defense before you crown him as anything more than mediocre.

Um, here's the single thing Marvin has said in this thread since Monday about Hyde moving forward:

Marvin49":11ggo9s2 said:
They may not win another game and he may not gain another yard, but as you say, it ain't because he's too slow and lumbering.

That's him getting "WAY ahead of" himself? That's what he needs to give a rest?

It's all he's got Popeye. Absent the ability to say he was wrong, the only recourse is to hope beyond hope that Hyde sucks the rest of the year in an attempt to be "right" when in fact it was never been about if Hyde will be good or not.

Its simply about the ludicrous claim that he was "slow and lumbering" and that was why he was tackled so often in the backfield last year. Anyone who watched the games could tell you it was 100% false and his problem was just the opposite and it was a lack of vision or patience that got him in trouble, but he lacks the ability to admit he was wrong so now he's concocting a new story in the hopes of pronouncing he was right about an argument we were never making.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Oh for pete's sake, is this really a big deal? Hyde is fun to watch! He's a good player! The older I get, the less important team allegiance becomes. I just enjoy watching the sport, and Hyde was a delight on Monday night.

canfan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":33n0ybve said:
Petty arguments aside - Am I the only one who thinks Marshawn is a lock for the hall? He's a maniac.

He'll never make it. I hear he gets hit in the backfield a lot and doesn't have elite break away speed :sarcasm_on:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3qi9u1sj said:
Petty arguments aside - Am I the only one who thinks Marshawn is a lock for the hall? He's a maniac.

My only hesitation is that the HoF too frequently rewards compilers rather than the most talented players and Lynch 1) had three pretty unproductive years in his last two years in buffalo and first year in Seattle, and 2) might retire early.

RB Inductees over the last 15 years:

Emmitt Smith: 21.5 K yards, 175 TDs
Marshall Faulk: 19K yards, 136 TDs
Barry Sanders 18K Yards, 110 TDs
Curtis Martin: 17K yards, 100 TDs
Thurman Thomas: 16.5 K yards, 88 TDs
Jerome Bettis: 15K yards, 95 TDs

Lynch right now: 10.5 K yards, 80 TDs.

For comparison's sake:

Gore: 14K yards, 75 TDs
Peterson 12K yards, 91 TDs

Lynch will end up at least with more TDs than Martin, but will he play long enough to accumulate another 4,500 yards or so to even match the lowest yards total of a RB inductee in the 2Ks? He's also still 25 TDs awaw from the second lowest TD total. I don't think either of those are given.

Shorter answer: I think he DESERVES to get in, but I'm not entirely convinced he will, as it will depend on how long he plays for and what he's able to do from this point forward. I friggin love him, but the HoF just loves long career compilers.

Latest posts