Pete's Draft Success Early On

Boycie

Reaction score
A lot has been said about how poorly we have drafted in the recent years versus when Pete first started here, and I think it all comes down to the fact that Pete had his finger on the pulse of the players coming out of college because he had either coached against them, or tried to recruit some of them, and he had that inside knowledge about these rookies coming up, and that is how they were able to hit homeruns like Sherm, Kam, and Bobby.

Fast forward a few years, and a lot of our picks have been busts. This league has a salary cap for players, so why don't we pour a ton of resources into scouting when we are one of the richest teams in the league?

Is there a rule about how much a front office can spend on coaches and scouts that I do not know about?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Too many cooks in the kitchen. Pouring resources into things doesn't always help. In fact, it can hurt.

Also, if Pete had his finger on the pulse, why does no other college coach just go and do the same when they come up? I never bought that theory at all.

Latest posts