Peter King: Seahawks #1 spot for RG3 if he's released

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I can't see Washington flat out cutting RG111. If not the Hawks would have to trade a pick or two to acquire him, but the team then acquires his huge early 1st rd. salary which is outsized for a backup, and the team would need to massage some deal to gain cap flexibility. If we assume he can be rehabilitated as a QB he could be traded for an advantageous pick(s) or player situation. If he gets acquired after his rookie deal is up for typical QB money there could be an advantageous comp pick presuming he see the field and is football rehabilitated. Seems to me to be a pretty speculative acquisition at best. Colour me dubious.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3b43t2jb said:
akscoundrel":3b43t2jb said:
Why explore insignificants when there are more pressing issues, such as our secondary being in shambles?

We're good on backup qb's. We're good on backup rb's. However, our secondary is in shambles, and our o line is a hot mess. But yeah, let's focus on improving what we are already good on, and not focus on improving what needs improvement.

Makes sense

Since clearly you know more than John Schneider oh wise oracle, what offensive lineman do you see sitting out there on the open market.. willing to take a deal that would pay not much more than the veteran minimum.. that will instantly improve this "hot mess" of an offensive line?

And if Robert Turbin is out for half the season.. no.. we are not "good on backup RB's"

I'll hang up and listen.

There have been plenty on the market during the past three seasons. And in don't have to be an oracle to see the obvious, the front office doesn't give a f about the o line or pass pro. No attempts have been made to improve it, in fact the opposite. I love what Schneider has done thus far, but to call a spade a spade, for every move he's made that was good, there have been 5 made that weren't so good.

At least an attempt to improve the oline would be nice.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":8uhgqehs said:
RGIII is a 'where there's smoke, there's fire' personality. Specifically, both Shanahan and Gruden hate him - whereas he's ingratiated himself with Dan Snyder. Now, I'm not saying that he should be buddy buddy with his coaches, but given how awful Snyder is as an owner (and frankly, as a human being), one starts to sniff out the ego problem which would make Griffin a poor fit in Seattle. He knew to go over the head of the coach to the owner (which wouldn't work in Seattle) in order to get his way.

Moreover, no one with any trace of humility would continue to do the same stupid things over and over again until his body was completely broken and then expect to receive a hero's welcome and a starting position in a new regime when all was said and done. He was talented, but less so now, and he's certainly not a leader on field. In fact, I'd argue he IS what people always claim Cam Newton to be.

Great post! Ironically, in his first year, he said before the Panthers game he did NOT want to be compared to Cam, but to Aaron Rodgers. Cam then outplayed him and the Panthers won the game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
akscoundrel":2xt30qf7 said:
Hasselbeck":2xt30qf7 said:
akscoundrel":2xt30qf7 said:
Why explore insignificants when there are more pressing issues, such as our secondary being in shambles?

We're good on backup qb's. We're good on backup rb's. However, our secondary is in shambles, and our o line is a hot mess. But yeah, let's focus on improving what we are already good on, and not focus on improving what needs improvement.

Makes sense

Since clearly you know more than John Schneider oh wise oracle, what offensive lineman do you see sitting out there on the open market.. willing to take a deal that would pay not much more than the veteran minimum.. that will instantly improve this "hot mess" of an offensive line?

And if Robert Turbin is out for half the season.. no.. we are not "good on backup RB's"

I'll hang up and listen.

There have been plenty on the market during the past three seasons. And in don't have to be an oracle to see the obvious, the front office doesn't give a f about the o line or pass pro. No attempts have been made to improve it, in fact the opposite. I love what Schneider has done thus far, but to call a spade a spade, for every move he's made that was good, there have been 5 made that weren't so good.

At least an attempt to improve the oline would be nice.

Would love to see the graph and data on this little nugget.

5 to 1 bad to good huh?

olyfan63

Reaction score
The speculation about RGIII ever being in Seattle (other than as a tourist) is such a waste of everyone's time and attention... it was a phony, fraudulent-premise "clickbait" article by King in the first place. King is probably laughing all the way to the (click) bank...

Here is a much more realistic article about landing places for RGIII:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... riffin-iii

Note the part that places Seattle in the "LOW" likelihood category.
"Seattle Seahawks: Low. Russell Wilson is signed through the 2019 season, so there would be little upside in adding Griffin. Even if the Seahawks signed him and developed him, there would be no payoff in Seattle. The Seahawks are in win-now mode. Given that Griffin has struggled to stay healthy and would be learning a new scheme with the regular season approaching, adding him as a backup wouldn’t make sense. -- Sheil Kapadia"

P.S. Actually, the Seahawks are in "Win Forever" mode, Mr. Kapadia. And as you correctly analyze, adding RGIII in Seattle would add approximately "Zero" and, IMO, much more likely, be a "Negative" to entries in the "W" column.

Latest posts