Pete Live NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2rcih2ev said:
Uncle Si":2rcih2ev said:
Seymour":2rcih2ev said:
Listening to Sherman in the press conference has completely changed my mind about him. This guy is out of control, does not believe he did anything wrong, has not apologized to anyone and doesn't plan to, and sounds like he will continue this crap if we ever throw from the 1 again.

What a freaking egotistical loser!!

Screw you Sherm!!

Quick... someone find Erin Andrews! Seymour's on a rant!!!

Yes... Sherman's the loser here.

Just let it be please. Are you a moderator here, and yet continue to chase people around thread to thread?

Chasing around? A little head of yourself there aren't you?

I'm a poster, too. And I'm commenting on a post that I think is very hyperbolic. Nothing to do with you. No idea who you are.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It could be. But come on, he complains about something just about every.....single.....press......conference.
Not some of the time, but just about EVERY time. I love the guy, but geez. Not everyone is out to get you and your teammates Sherm. Calling out the refs so often this year, what purpose does it really serve?
Turning something in to a race thing, what does that serve? Freaking out on the sidelines about an offensive call, what does that serve? Freaking out on the sidelines at the Atlanta game, same thing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2v26uquc said:
I could be. But come on, he complains about something just about every.....single.....press......conference.
Not some of the time, but just about EVERY time. I love the guy, but geez. Not everyone is out to get you and your teammates Sherm. Calling out the refs so often this year, what purpose does it really serve?
Turning something in to a race thing, what does that serve?

Look, I'm not saying I like it. And I certainly would not want to be a part of it as a member of a team.

But, until a teammate calls him out I just don't see the need for fans to be unhinged about it.

And that may happen very soon. Baldwin or Wilson may tell him to do one. And then there will be an issue and I would gladly side with those players. Or.. they may just respect him for who he is and think this type of angst from him makes him and the team better.

Jville

Reaction score
Archive links ......

Pete Carroll Week 16 Tuesday Press Conference >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/12/20/pete-carroll-week-16-tuesday-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Audio only >>> [urltargetblank]http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com/SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2016/12-December/161220-carroll-32k.mp3[/urltargetblank]

Richard Sherman Week 16 Press Conference >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/12/20/richard-sherman-week-16-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Audio only >>> [urltargetblank]http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com/SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2016/12-December/161220-sherman-32k.mp3[/urltargetblank]

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
SoulfishHawk":1rmb31pl said:
Turning something in to a race thing, what does that serve? .

No "turning" about it. The stuff Sherm identifies as "race things" are "race things." Being uncomfortable about that doesn't make it untrue.

I think that football in general is a microcosm of our society at this point, so for some fans, Sherman is going to be an uncomfortable guy to listen to for the rest of his career.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1uyilsom said:
I could be. But come on, he complains about something just about every.....single.....press......conference.
Turning something in to a race thing, what does that serve? Freaking out on the sidelines about an offensive call, what does that serve? Freaking out on the sidelines at the Atlanta game, same thing.

Agree completely. It's a different whinge every week.

And today really needs to be the tipping point with his reaction to Jim Moore. Enough.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2dra18lf said:
SoulfishHawk":2dra18lf said:
Turning something in to a race thing, what does that serve? .

No "turning" about it. The stuff Sherm identifies as "race things" are "race things." Being uncomfortable about that doesn't make it untrue.

I think that football in general is a microcosm of our society at this point, so for some fans, Sherman is going to be an uncomfortable guy to listen to for the rest of his career.
Let's nickname him a new one: DarkSide!

:D

capncrunch

Reaction score
Maybe they should bench Sherman like the Panthers benched Newton. I don't think that's Pete's style but enough is enough. What the hell. At least freak out when throwing from the one doesn't work or when your O-line is getting some push. I sure as hell would have called a pass there, and it turned out to be a nice play by Baldwin to get open. I at first thought Sherman was making fun of his O-line teammates for creating a situation where they can't punch it in rather than a criticism of the play caller.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":22frzu50 said:
But, until a teammate calls him out I just don't see the need for fans to be unhinged about it.

What if half the roster think he's bang out of order, but probably think they can't challenge a guy who is getting in the face of the defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator during a live game in front of the home fans -- and seemingly getting away with.

This is a young roster. If I was a 2nd or 3rd year pro on that team and saw Sherman lighting up Kris Richard during the Atlanta game, the last thing I'm doing is 'calling him out'.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28u48o8e said:
He's a defensive player, he has NO say so on how the offense runs. That's all I was saying earlier. Players should play the game and let the coaches do their jobs. IF he was mad about a defensive thing, I could see it. But imo, it's never ok to call out a coach like that, especially in front of all your teammates.
I don't know, just seems angry at something every press conference this year. Sometimes even w/a tone of talking down to someone. Oh well, he'll play great every game so that's what truly matters.
I don't have to agree with how that went down, and never will. I love the guy, just not how he seems to think it's ok to act like that. Play defense and do your job Sherm. For me, this is more recent that he's getting on my nerves a little bit. I guess I just don't understand why he seems mad so often this year.

I didn't agree with the flying off the handle during the game, nor post game.
I'm thinking that Pete is, and was okay with players & Coaches interaction, a shared input to help improve team strategies on each and every play & player.
I also have this gut feeling that Sherman, Lynch, and several others have had an ongoing feud about Bevell's lack of imagination on plays in the Red Zone.
The kicker is, that all the three point conversions because they couldn't punch the ball in, tends to back up this theory.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Sherm questioning the call. I don't think he should have handled it the way he did. It was unprofessional and disrespectful to Pete (and Bev), and I tweeted him politely to that effect after that game.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Jim Moore would have pissed me off too. He can be a real douche bag.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't like how he make it public, but it's typical. I don't like how he went after a coach, but how many of us get after Bevell constantly ? If we're seeing it, the defense is seeing it too.

For those of you that didn't play football, it's always Offense vs. Defense. You compete against each other in practice, and it can get contentious at times. In an atmosphere that Pete fosters, you're going to have guys get after each other a lot.

Come game time you're cheering for your offense to succeed, but you're not congratulating them in practice when they do well against you.

It's "us against the world" until you go helmet to helmet with the guy across from you. Then it's "us against the world" again afterwords.

This is normal football people.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
good lord... Nothing Sherman did was a big deal.... Suck it up buttercup.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":fttaz4vr said:
Uncle Si":fttaz4vr said:

What if half the roster think he's bang out of order, but probably think they can't challenge a guy who is getting in the face of the defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator during a live game in front of the home fans -- and seemingly getting away with.

This is a young roster. If I was a 2nd or 3rd year pro on that team and saw Sherman lighting up Kris Richard during the Atlanta game, the last thing I'm doing is 'calling him out'.

I can see that point. But I also think there is enough veteran leadership on the team (Wilson, Baldwin, Kam, Bennett, ET, Cliff, JG) who have proven themselves anything but fearful of speaking out.

Whatever is going on, it will come to a head soon enough and we will see the outcome.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Largent80":2evbhydm said:
He's pissed about cashing a $195,000 paycheck every week.(maybe more) It's understandable...... :roll:
Try $739,352.94 (gross) per week.

Sherm's (guaranteed) salary this year is $12.569M according to overthecap.com.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with questioning the call. Doing it out in the open is not acceptable by a player. Just my own opinion.
Him talking down to people over and over again is growing old.
Oh well, on to Sunday.

Latest posts