Pete is destroying Russell Wilson career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
They "devolved" from the absolute top to a consistent top 8. Only one team in the history of the game has spurned that reality.. and look at them now. The Seahawks are a redundant, predictable top 8-10 team in the NFL.

Most teams don't remain this competitive for this long. Groundhogs day indeed.. and Seahawk fans should be thankful for it.

It's utterly absurd to still beat PC over the head for that play call. Like seriously get over it or see a therapist.

Not only was this game nothing like the Dallas game, many detractors assumed the Eagles game woukd be and rescinded into their hovels for a week.

Every team needs to adjust. PC and his team no different.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Pete is destroying Wilson's career? Pete *created* Wilson's career.

Name another coach that gives a rookie 5'10" 3rd-round-drafted QB the start over a 6'2" QB they just paid $20 million for, who was the NFL's darling the year before.

Name another coach who allowed Wilson to progress at his own pace because he had a monster running game and one of the best defenses in NFL history - that he himself created - and didn't heap all of the pressure of winning every game on Wilson's head.

Remember, the pundits at the time had Wilson's ceiling as a backup QB who maybe gets some work out of Wildcat formations.

Remember "As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft."

Wilson's draft prospect grade from his combine was 68.5. Contrast to 95 for RGIII or 97 for Andrew Luck.

Kiper on Russell Wilson: "I think he'll have a Seneca Wallace-type career where you can bring him off the bench and he'll add a spark."

Hugh Millen: "I don't see Russell Wilson being anything more than Seneca Wallace. I'm higher on Josh Portis as a prospect." and "If Russel Wilson ever does anything, I'll come over there and eat your microphone."

The very fact that all those statements are so ridiculous now is testament to Pete Carroll making Russell Wilson a household name by allowing him to compete as an equal with Flynn and Jackson, instead of burying him in the depth chart, surrounding him with a strong running game, and giving him the luxury of having a defense that could carry the team.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I think the problem is everyone gets compared to Belichick whether consciously or not. In the same breath you say Pete wasted RW's career you could also say Sean Payton wasted Drew Brees's career or Mike McCarthy wasted Aaron Rogers Career. Since the days of Bradshaw, Staubach and Montana, winning multiple Superbowls has become VERY, VERY hard.

Pete can certainly improve and most of the time during the game I hate his ass. But he has made Sunday's more fun than any of his predecessors and that is worth something. He gives us realistic hope. There are so many horrible coaches going through the revolving door that is the NFL, we need to be partially happy our coach is better than above average.

Like old flames that got away, we can only appreciate them when they are gone.

On a final note...STOP TRYING TO RUN THE DAMM BALL so DAMM much!

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1j2y9nl9 said:
Tical21":1j2y9nl9 said:
DomeHawk":1j2y9nl9 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1j2y9nl9 said:
There isn't time to replace Pete to avoid wasting Russell's prime. It typically takes 2-3 years for a new coach to show consistent positive results, which would result in Russ being closer to 35.

Pete/Russ are like Brady/Belichick. It's most comfortable for both to not rock the boat, as long as with each other, they make the playoffs.

I know that they aren't going to replace Pete simply out of loyalty for what he has accomplished here. The best case scenario would be a new OC that convinces Pete to change/adapt.

I am not optimistic that is going to happen..
Change/Adapt and do what, exactly?

You're not gonna get an answer of any substance.

It has been said many times what change and adapt means. We all see it every 2nd half of a game were we fall behind. So let stop acting like it has bnpt been made clear.

Tical21

Reaction score
DomeHawk":s7zuic29 said:
The Seahawks have devolved into a redundant predictable team.

PC blew a SB with horrible game-time decision making. Then, he blew a NFC West championship by not even realizing there is a game clock. Really?

If that weren't enough, you just watched 2019 Dallas playoff game 2.0. You people can't see that?

The Seahawks are: Ground Hog Day, (all over again, lol)

:stirthepot:
Throwing the ball 70% of the time, essentially from the outset, is the Dallas game 2.0?

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":2fxcqwky said:
They "devolved" from the absolute top to a consistent top 8. Only one team in the history of the game has spurned that reality.. and look at them now. The Seahawks are a redundant, predictable top 8-10 team in the NFL.

Most teams don't remain this competitive for this long. Groundhogs day indeed.. and Seahawk fans should be thankful for it.

It's utterly absurd to still beat PC over the head for that play call. Like seriously get over it or see a therapist.

Not only was this game nothing like the Dallas game, many detractors assumed the Eagles game woukd be and rescinded into their hovels for a week.

You couldn't be more wrong. (Although I know you will try).

We were just plain lucky to go as far as we did this year. Thankful for what? we are a 8-8 - 9-7 team at best w/o the luck we had this year. Is that what you aspire to? I would rather go full-on rebuild than to replay that every year.

The Eagles aren't good and they lost their starting QB, that win means nothing.

The GB game was just like the Dallas game because they knew what we were going to do AND PC and Co. cannot come up with a game plan that gets us off to a good start.

PC does NOT adjust until it is too late.

Same poop, different day.

More :stirthepot:

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":11a799zc said:
Pete is destroying Wilson's career? Pete *created* Wilson's career.

Name another coach that gives a rookie 5'10" 3rd-round-drafted QB the start over a 6'2" QB they just paid $20 million for, who was the NFL's darling the year before.

Name another coach who allowed Wilson to progress at his own pace because he had a monster running game and one of the best defenses in NFL history - that he himself created - and didn't heap all of the pressure of winning every game on Wilson's head.

Remember, the pundits at the time had Wilson's ceiling as a backup QB who maybe gets some work out of Wildcat formations.

Remember "As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft."

Wilson's draft prospect grade from his combine was 68.5. Contrast to 95 for RGIII or 97 for Andrew Luck.

Kiper on Russell Wilson: "I think he'll have a Seneca Wallace-type career where you can bring him off the bench and he'll add a spark."

Hugh Millen: "I don't see Russell Wilson being anything more than Seneca Wallace. I'm higher on Josh Portis as a prospect." and "If Russel Wilson ever does anything, I'll come over there and eat your microphone."

The very fact that all those statements are so ridiculous now is testament to Pete Carroll making Russell Wilson a household name by allowing him to compete as an equal with Flynn and Jackson, instead of burying him in the depth chart, surrounding him with a strong running game, and giving him the luxury of having a defense that could carry the team.

ahjh your whole post in cute, as you keep saying "Name another coach who allowed Wilson to progress at his own pace because he had a monster running game and one of the best defenses in NFL history - that he himself created - and didn't heap all of the pressure of winning every game on Wilson's head." ahh there is only one Wilson, so they answer has to be none, nice try though I mean you might as well say give me another coach names Pete Carroll who let Josh Gordon through a pass.

The FACT is we will never know what would have happened if Wilson was drafted by another team, for all we know he would be a multi Sb and MVP winner, or he might never have seen the field. However, none of that changer the FACT that Wilson and the offense are playing with on arm tied behind their back most of the time due to PC desire to waste halves testing the other team or establishing the run.

Part of being a REAL FAN, is wanting more, wanting your team to be better. IF we believe we could be better by not wasting the first half of a game, then we are being good fans. Those who are fine were we are, are not being good fans.

The players want more so should the fans

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":vc7g35fx said:
DomeHawk":vc7g35fx said:
The Seahawks have devolved into a redundant predictable team.

PC blew a SB with horrible game-time decision making. Then, he blew a NFC West championship by not even realizing there is a game clock. Really?

If that weren't enough, you just watched 2019 Dallas playoff game 2.0. You people can't see that?

The Seahawks are: Ground Hog Day, (all over again, lol)

:stirthepot:
Throwing the ball 70% of the time, essentially from the outset, is the Dallas game 2.0?

ahh so I showed you were lying about the 70% over all so now you want not try this specific game let sse if you are right

First half
runs 9
Pass 11
totla 21

% pass 52% hmm lying again

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":vnlxcjim said:
Part of being a REAL FAN, is wanting more, wanting your team to be better. IF we believe we could be better by not wasting the first half of a game, then we are being good fans. Those who are fine were we are, are not being good fans.

How bout we as fans don't live in absolutes, and agree that this discussion's truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I think most of us agree that Pete's stubbornness and unwillingness to tweak and change his schemes and philosophies may negatively impact the offense, specifically in the first half of games playing it too safe, being too predictable, etc.

But the flip side is you also have to give Pete credit for not only drafting Russell, but handing him the starting QB job, trusting him, teaching him how to study, how to be a leader, how to compete, how to get the best out of his teammates, creating the environment for Russell to excel.

That has merit. You can't just say "well Russell's Russell, so he would have been great anywhere he went." Not true, we see it every year, QB's with insane potential getting ruined by their coach and organization.

Pete is DESTROYING Russell's career? I mean, it's one of the most laughable thread titles in the history of .Net. Dude's going to be wearing a gold jacket in 15 years.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2d299ssh said:
John63":2d299ssh said:

How bout we as fans don't live in absolutes, and agree that this discussion's truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I think most of us agree that Pete's stubbornness and unwillingness to tweak and change his schemes and philosophies may negatively impact the offense, specifically in the first half of games playing it too safe, being too predictable, etc.

But the flip side is you also have to give Pete credit for not only drafting Russell, but handing him the starting QB job, trusting him, teaching him how to study, how to be a leader, how to compete, how to get the best out of his teammates, creating the environment for Russell to excel.

That has merit. You can't just say "well Russell's Russell, so he would have been great anywhere he went." Not true, we see it every year, QB's with insane potential getting ruined by their coach and organization.

Pete is DESTROYING Russell's career? I mean, it's one of the most laughable thread titles in the history of .Net. Dude's going to be wearing a gold jacket in 15 years.

I have no problem giving PC credit for getting Wilson and giving him the starting Job. But that was 2012, it is now 2020 how long does that give him a Mulligan?

I would not say so much that PC is destroying Wilson s career so much as he is stopping him from being all he could be and the same with the team itself.

The question is for how long does he gets the mulligan?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20v3hj70 said:

That SB loss is really where all of this comes from. It's the root cause of all the butt hurt. Some won't admit it, but a few of them have let it slip out. They know it's irrational, but they can't let it go.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
John63":36fh57ar said:
OrangeGravy":36fh57ar said:
Tical21":36fh57ar said:
DomeHawk":36fh57ar said:
I know that they aren't going to replace Pete simply out of loyalty for what he has accomplished here. The best case scenario would be a new OC that convinces Pete to change/adapt.

I am not optimistic that is going to happen..

It has been said many times what change and adapt means. We all see it every 2nd half of a game were we fall behind. So let stop acting like it has bnpt been made clear.
It hasn't. Not one person has come out and given detailed answers on what specific plays and out of what formations those plays should be run and against what defensive looks we should be running those plays. You can't just say be more aggressive or less conservative. You can't just say stop holding Russell back or let Russell loose. If you're gonna say those things bring some "FOOTBALL" detail along with them or stop pretending to know what you're talking about. There isn't anyone on this forum that doesn't want them to score more points in the 1st half of games. Unless you can have that level of knowledge, STFU about it already.

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3w015ao3 said:
John63":3w015ao3 said:
OrangeGravy":3w015ao3 said:
Tical21":3w015ao3 said:

It hasn't. Not one person has come out and given detailed answers on what specific plays and out of what formations those plays should be run and against what defensive looks we should be running those plays. You can't just say be more aggressive or less conservative. You can't just say stop holding Russell back or let Russell loose. If you're gonna say those things bring some "FOOTBALL" detail along with them or stop pretending to know what you're talking about. There isn't anyone on this forum that doesn't want them to score more points in the 1st half of games. Unless you can have that level of knowledge, STFU about it already.

Yes we have but if it helps I will do it AGAIN

What we are talking about it running an uptempo(meaning changing tempos), quick passing attack with layered routes. Look at the 2nd half of the last game, during the first series alone, we snapped the ball with 10 seconds to go, then with 3 then as soon as we got to the line, Nearly every pass play had an outlet, a guy short, a guy intermediate, and a guy long. As opposed to what we normally see snapping with 3 or less left, lots of everyone going long, heck the announcers said it during the game.

PC has said he uses the first half to test the Defense. Well why, if you have done your film review and made a game plan around what the defense cant do or give sup there should be no testing. Yet just in the last game alone we ran or tried to run right up the gut how many times? to the tune of basically nothing, You want test the defense fine but don't take a whole half to do it. I can go on but you get what I am saying.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":3t96plen said:
Sgt. Largent":3t96plen said:
John63":3t96plen said:

I have no problem giving PC credit for getting Wilson and giving him the starting Job. But that was 2012, it is now 2020 how long does that give him a Mulligan?

I would not say so much that PC is destroying Wilson s career so much as he is stopping him from being all he could be and the same with the team itself.

Russell's a 8x pro bowl MVP caliber QB that's perennially in the top five of every statistical category that's gone to the playoffs 8 of the 10 years he's been in the league, and is a community icon and one of the most well recognized and endorsed players in the entire league, and it's highest paid QB.

Mulligan? Lol.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3a1qnfs1 said:
John63":3a1qnfs1 said:
Sgt. Largent":3a1qnfs1 said:
John63":3a1qnfs1 said:

Russell's a 8x pro bowl MVP caliber QB that's perennially in the top five of every statistical category that's gone to the playoffs 8 of the 10 years he's been in the league, and is a community icon and one of the most well recognized and endorsed players in the entire league, and it's highest paid QB.

Mulligan? Lol.

Wilson is going to be in the Hall of Fame. Carroll is going to be a HOF nominee one day too. I don't know if he gets in, but dude probably has a shot.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
John63":3ix2sq14 said:
OrangeGravy":3ix2sq14 said:
John63":3ix2sq14 said:
OrangeGravy":3ix2sq14 said:

What we are talking about it running an uptempo(meaning changing tempos), quick passing attack with layered routes. Look at the 2nd half of the last game, during the first series alone, we snapped the ball with 10 seconds to go, then with 3 then as soon as we got to the line, Nearly every pass play had an outlet, a guy short, a guy intermediate, and a guy long. As opposed to what we normally see snapping with 3 or less left, lots of everyone going long, heck the announcers said it during the game.

PC has said he uses the first half to test the Defense. Well why, if you have done your film review and made a game plan around what the defense cant do or give sup there should be no testing. Yet just in the last game alone we ran or tried to run right up the gut how many times? to the tune of basically nothing, You want test the defense fine but don't take a whole half to do it. I can go on but you get what I am saying.
Snapping the ball faster is not detail. Give me just one play suggestion. Just one. Layered routes is not it. You're just repeating something you read someone else say. Give me one example of a bad play we ran, tell me why it was bad, and tell what alternative play we should have run against the look the defense was giving us.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
John63":3nx6rfgd said:
OrangeGravy":3nx6rfgd said:
John63":3nx6rfgd said:
OrangeGravy":3nx6rfgd said:

You are having an absolute mare...

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4g5kdnfi said:
John63":4g5kdnfi said:
Sgt. Largent":4g5kdnfi said:
John63":4g5kdnfi said:

Mulligan? Lol.

okay and
Russell Wilson's offensive lines ranked in pass pro throughout his career, per PFF:

2012: 22nd
2013: 30th
2014: 26th
2015: 30th
2016: 32nd
2017: 30th
2018: 18th
2019: 30th

Pete Carroll's Seahawks have been outscored 113-13 in the first halves of the 5 road divisional playoff games.

there is such a thing as succeeding despite something or someone.

John63

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3azf4krb said:
Sgt. Largent":3azf4krb said:
John63":3azf4krb said:
Sgt. Largent":3azf4krb said:

Mulligan? Lol.

Wilson is going to be in the Hall of Fame. Carroll is going to be a HOF nominee one day too. I don't know if he gets in, but dude probably has a shot.

all that is great and true but there are a lot of HOF coaches that were let go or had to change their ways.

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2le8givk said:
John63":2le8givk said:
OrangeGravy":2le8givk said:
John63":2le8givk said:

Snapping the ball faster is not detail. Give me just one play suggestion. Just one. Layered routes is not it. You're just repeating something you read someone else say. Give me one example of a bad play we ran, tell me why it was bad, and tell what alternative play we should have run against the look the defense was giving us.

Actually no I am repeating what I have been saying since i have been on this board and sorry to tell you this is specific.

I gave you an example " Yet just in the last game alone we ran or tried to run right up the gut how many times? to the tune of basically nothing," you shoudl try reading the whole post.

Status
Not open for further replies.