Pete Carroll Show on KIRO...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just ended. Recapped below

[urltargetblank]http://player.originpull.cdn.liquidcompass.net/KIROAM[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opened up talking about the weekend games....then went on to talk about the Saints running the ball more. Pete said that it looks like they are trying to run the ball and control it more on the road even though they hadn't been a run first team most of the year. Doesn't know if it means anything coming into this week but we'll see.

Asked if this is a test of his philosophy to be able to forget the last meeting result....Pete said they will want to forget the result because things don't happen the same way twice.

Do they watch film on the previous game? Said they will use all the film they normally would when watching a team. Said it's the attention to the details and the preparation.

Asked if the personnel changes change the nature of how they game plan. Said that Wright had a great game that will have to be made up and that match-ups will change because he's not there. Added that they will have to mix it up so they don't know what to expect.

Said the last game they played THEIR game, and that they didn't seem to do anything special when they came into Seattle and they came close to making big plays, but it was our ability to make plays that made the difference.

Asked what they gained last week having the bye? They got some rest for the guys and they were able to focus on some issues they've wanted to work on and were able to add some things. Said they had fun at practice and had great practices this last week.

Said that playing competitive games may have been good for us especially since we came out of them relatively healthy (When asked about the last few games of the regular season)

(in the obvious category) said they are excited to have the games at home...joked that if the crowd set records during the season they should also set records for the post season.

On Harvin...he was asked how much of it had to do with Harvin asking to play...said Harvin has been wanting to play and pushing himself each week to play. Said that they'd been waiting for him to be physically ready. Said that Harvin looked really good last week. Said they still want to see how he looks going into this week but he's looked pretty good. When asked about snap count, Pete said if he's playing he's playing and that he has no idea what the decision will be.

On Russell Wilson....Does the playoff experience from last year help him? (obvious answer) Yes of course it does, and that huge comeback in Atlanta is a positive experience offensively. Said he's ready for it.

What do we expect to see Saturday? Pete said he hopes to see the team we have been all along. He said we need to stay in character and play our game the way we are capable of. Said if the team does that and the fans do that it will be a rousing day on Saturday.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":v419z4xr said:
Any news on okung?

Wasn't asked or answered. I guess we'll have to wait for practices. When asked about the bye he said it was good for all the guys. Only player mentioned as out was Wright, so I'd guess just going off of the way he spoke that they expect Okung to play, but that is just my opinion at this time

BelfastHawk

Reaction score
Thanks kidhawk (and for the other write ups of news conferences you do). I appreciate it very much.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Thanks for the recap. I missed the show and wondered how long I'd have to wait for the podcast.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2exq7aeo said:
Thanks for the recap. I missed the show and wondered how long I'd have to wait for the podcast.

Speaking of which...here's the podcast...

[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9965849&p=1027&n=Pete%20Carroll%20Show[/urltargetblank]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2aiorwwx said:
Any news on okung?

I think no news is good news.

If none of the media members even asked about Okung and Carroll didn't mention him while discussing the injuries, my guess is he's good to go.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Just heard on NFL Insiders on ESPN that Liz Mathews reported that Pete called the situation with Harvin and whether or not he will play this week as stated on the Brock & Danny show (think I got that correct) as a "delicate situation".

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2uaooa2z said:
Just heard on NFL Insiders on ESPN that Liz Mathews reported that Pete called the situation with Harvin and whether or not he will play this week as stated on the Brock & Danny show (think I got that correct) as a "delicate situation".

He pretty much is continuing along with what he's been saying all along, but he did say that Harvin looked good and felt good last week, but we have to wait and see how he does in practice this week and he can't make a decision on Harvin until later. He did say though that they don't plan to limit him, and that, in pete's words, if he plays, he's playing. To me it sounds like either he's ready to go and they play him as needed without any limitations or he isn't ready and he doesn't play. Personally, I would extrapolate that to meant that Percy needs to be able to handle his position if he wants to play. It may not necessarily mean he gets 50 snaps, but it also doesn't mean they'll sit on the sideline and keep track of his plays either.

Basically it's still all a waiting game. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that he plays this week, although I wouldn't wager my life savings or anything

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I get the feeling that Pete thinks he will be a go but wants to make sure he will react well to the increased practice. Also is it me but Pete sounds like a confident guy (not that he always is), different from his usual. I will not be surprised if this team comes out and plays very very well this weekend.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Now we can stop with all this overconfident mumbo jumbo.

The team through Carroll seems exceptionally grounded and "ALL IN" the preparation process, they aren't over-looking anything about the Saints (even though they blew them out in the first meeting). No, they are staying on schedule and trying to go 1-0 this week against a great team in the Saints. A team whom the Seahawks know have Superbowl Champion talent.

Should be a great game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yes, Pete said Percy has been motivated to play all along but wasn't able to; however, that was just the preface to the rest of his answer, which was omitted from the OP for some reason. Pete basically said that he got together with everybody involved with the rehab, including Percy, and basically told them 'now's the time,' if he's ready and able. He said Percy had just had a pretty good workout and felt good about giving it a shot. Sooooo, it wasn't just Percy involved. Pete was a prime mover in getting him back before he got shelved.

Latest posts