Pete Carroll has had nothing 2 do with building the Seahawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
How do you read this article and see it as a slight against Pete?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I've always viewed the PC&JS connection as a symbiotic relationship.

They both bring something special to the table, and they both work together equally to put the best players on the field. They came up with a 4-year plan, they executed it perfectly, and both of them can be credited to changing the culture in the locker room.

Why does it have ot be one or the other? Why does one guy have to get more credit?

Seems stupid.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Finding these guys is definitely part of our success, but Carroll coaches these guys into how well they play. Without his fantastic coaching our players aren't seeing all-pro status and this type of production, much less a super bowl appearance.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IIRC, Pete Carroll, as a part of his contract, interviewed several candidates and hired JS as general manager. Paul Allen gave PC -FULL- control and last word on all decisions and that fact should be at least mentioned in this article. JS is indeed deserving of a bunch of credit and should have been GM of the year last year and should be this year.

I can't understand why people (in California especially) don't understand the real reason Pete left USC. The unique opportunity to have FULL control of an NFL team, a 5 year contract for millions would seem to be a coaches dream, what coach wouldn't have left USC (or anywhere else) for that? How's that "sneaking out of town in the middle of the night, even when he was cleared by the NCAA"? Pete Carroll deserve a whole lot more respect than he currently gets. JS also, they make a great team and the future is bright.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
also, John Shciender didnt' want to have his picture in the Superbowl Program either, he wanted it to be paul allen and pete only.

I have no proof of this but i am an known oracle and predictor of all things.

seedhawk

Reaction score
I bet what most are upset about is nothing more than a simple punctuation error. Put a period after the coaching hire bit, capitalize the first letter of the next word and let it go. Now, the article praises both, without the "implication" that JS hired PC.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Although JS signed RW, isn't it PC's decision to start him or not?