Pete Carroll and John Schneider get credit... BUT...

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
how much credit do you give to Tod Leiweke?

Me personally I think Pete Carroll and John Schneider are everything this team is today. But would we have hired Carroll if it wasn't for Leiweke and his vision for change in the Seahawks organization? I feel Leiweke is kind of an unsung hero to this whole new era. Not to take anything from Carroll and Schneider, cus they obviously are the biggest reason why we are who we are today.

Anyways, i would like to hear what you think. :th2thumbs:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
First, I think Leiweke was instrumental in improving the fan experience and corporate ties while he was here. Too bad his first and most passionate love is hockey or he might still be here.

Second, he took an unfair rap, from many fans, for Ruskell's failures, and the bad chemistry between GM and coach while Holmgren was here. Remember, his territory was the sales side of the house until he was assigned to conduct a top down investigation and started expertly removing the bad apples.

Third, out of all of the management this team has had, Leiweke was the only person that Holmgren openly said he had mad respect for ("I have so much respect for that man"), so that carries a lot of weight with me.

Lastly, I strongly disagreed with the hiring of Pete Carroll, but that shows how much Todd knew about transformational leadership, and how much I clearly didn't.

I give a great deal of credit to Leiweke, and props to Paul Allen for hiring him.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Tod's an unsung hero for sure. Big props to the guy who was behind the scenes that made it all happen. And big props to Paul Allen for listening to him and following through.

Latest posts