Pete blames himself for RB issues. Lacy to get workload

iigakusei

Reaction score
I just want to be able to gain 3 to 4 yards on 1st down - not negative 3. I think Lacy gives us the best chance to do that.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I was not excited about the Lacy signing and I have not been impressed so far by him. Nevertheless I'm rooting for him this sunday to take the reigns. This team needs a legitimate running game to go anywhere in the playoffs. MAKE IT HAPPEN LACY!

capncrunch

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation said:
My spidey senses are telling me Lacy is going to get the workload this week and his performance will either solidify him being here the rest of the season or will be the broom that pushes him out the door.[/quote

I think this post pretty well nails it.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1owav6k4 said:
I was not excited about the Lacy signing and I have not been impressed so far by him. Nevertheless I'm rooting for him this sunday to take the reigns. This team needs a legitimate running game to go anywhere in the playoffs. MAKE IT HAPPEN LACY!

That will be Prosise after one last week of rest. It's coming.

Vesuve

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1adl27wu said:
Eddie Lacy has some kind of magic. He went from being released to getting the majority of the workload....wow!

Last week Lacy had 6 attempts for a total of 0 yards.

Line was part of it but great, give him the workload.

Willson will be in the air a lot.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
I think the whole “RB’s need to get into a rhythm” to play at their best is a bit overblown. It starts with RB declarations and gets picked up and repeated until it becomes a truthism.

I sure RBs believe this truthism, but let’s get real their monetary worth is directly connected to two major statistics, total yds and ypc. Other stats may feed into this as well, but if you’re a RB that has rushed for 1000 or more yds/season for two or three years in a row with a ypc around 5 you’re up for a big pay raise in the very near future. Most certainly they believe the more chances they have the better the odds are they will increase one or more of those stats, hence the “I need more carries” rhetoric.

As a fan I’m hesitant to fall into that trap (unless the RB happens to be Barry Sanders clone) as the NFL has been littered with “thunder and lighting” RB duos that have not only survived, but prospered. The Miami Dolphins had a RBBC that worked so well for over 5 years it propelled them to 5 straight playoff appearances and 3 straight Superb owls.

In my opinion, our problem has less to do with either RB getting more or less carries or “finding a rhythm”, but can any of them get passed the LOS. If you give two RBs each 6 attempts and they’re met behind the LOS ten times, it seems to me a little counterintuitive to believe 6, 10, or 16 more carries, by either or both, would change that in any meaningful or, more importantly, timely manner.

I find this thread both interesting and disheartening at the same time, as I sway back and forth, but such is the life of the fan.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":1bxjxrie said:
I think the whole “RB’s need to get into a rhythm” to play at their best is a bit overblown. It starts with RB declarations and gets picked up and repeated until it becomes a truthism.

I sure RBs believe this truthism, but let’s get real their monetary worth is directly connected to two major statistics, total yds and ypc. Other stats may feed into this as well, but if you’re a RB that has rushed for 1000 or more yds/season for two or three years in a row with a ypc around 5 you’re up for a big pay raise in the very near future. Most certainly they believe the more chances they have the better the odds are they will increase one or more of those stats, hence the “I need more carries” rhetoric.

As a fan I’m hesitant to fall into that trap (unless the RB happens to be Barry Sanders clone) as the NFL has been littered with “thunder and lighting” RB duos that have not only survived, but prospered. The Miami Dolphins had a RBBC that worked so well for over 5 years it propelled them to 5 straight playoff appearances and 3 straight Superb owls.

In my opinion, our problem has less to do with either RB getting more or less carries or “finding a rhythm”, but can any of them get passed the LOS. If you give two RBs each 6 attempts and they’re met behind the LOS ten times, it seems to me a little counterintuitive to believe 6, 10, or 16 more carries, by either or both, would change that in any meaningful or, more importantly, timely manner.

I find this thread both interesting and disheartening at the same time, as I sway back and forth, but such is the life of the fan.

Even Barry Sanders had a good offensive line much of his career.

Josea16

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":21mclb3s said:
FidelisHawk":21mclb3s said:

Bullshit. Barry Sanders is the only running back that could perform at elite level behind this OL sans Brown. Carson might if healthy. With Brown the equation totally changes.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't mean our play calling goes back to being completely stupid. We need to run more intelligently. Not that repeatedly attempting to just run up the gut isn't brilliant and all.....

Josea16

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2maicf52 said:
I hope this doesn't mean our play calling goes back to being completely stupid. We need to run more intelligently. Not that repeatedly attempting to just run up the gut isn't brilliant and all.....
We still need to pass first given we don't have 2013 Lynch or Carson but DO have a healthy Wilson in his prime and probably the best receiver group in his career.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Josea16":1t279a90 said:
seahawkfreak":1t279a90 said:
FidelisHawk":1t279a90 said:

Bullshit. Barry Sanders is the only running back that could perform at elite level behind this OL sans Brown. Carson might if healthy. With Brown the equation totally changes.

Maybe, but he still had a good offensive line much of his career. I was just making an interesting factoid. In the NFL even the best RBs need to, at the very least, have to have a serviceable O-Line.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":16dvdjvn said:
Maybe, but he still had a good offensive line much of his career. I was just making an interesting factoid. In the NFL even the best RBs need to, at the very least, have to have a serviceable O-Line.

That’s probably true, but if the NFL had a stat for RBs that turned sure TFLs into large gains or TDs, Sanders would have most certainly set the bar so high it would take the average RB a 30 year career to come close to it.

He maybe the only RB I’d fear they would still give the ball to on a 3 and 15 at midfield and not be surprised of the results.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Marshawn has outperformed all of the Seahawks RB's so far this year.....and he's a senior citizen.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jxg6mdt said:
Welp, my fear came true today.

Seymour

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2s8s4wpi said:
RolandDeschain":2s8s4wpi said:

Odds are in your favor looking at who is till here. :pukeface:

Exittium

Reaction score
Well Rawls did good.. and once he found his "groove" Bevell abandoned it

@cro

Reaction score
Yep, this was a game we should have gotten our identity back with. Instead there was this $%^_ show. Playing in the 2nd q like the game was on the line down 30.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seymour":2tf1zfgr said:
RolandDeschain":2tf1zfgr said:
RolandDeschain":2tf1zfgr said:

Odds are in your favor looking at who is till here. :pukeface:
Hey, don't you give me the "way to pick the low-hanging fruit" vibe. I was one of the O.G. Bevell haters and only a couple of people were on my side regarding Bevell for the first two years of Wilson's NFL career.

*Pats self on back*

*Doesn't make self feel any better*

*Cries*