Pete Ball

toffee

Reaction score
What are you babbling about?

The game has passed Pete by.
What's that? You need proof?

Get ready to have your world turned upside down.

The last 4 times we had the football we ran 20 run plays & only 12 passes. Yes you read that right, 20 runs & 12 passes. Cold hard numbers don't lie.

Everybody knows in todays NFL you can't win consistently running the ball 62.5% of the time. You have to throw, throw, throw, & when they're expecting you to throw you gotta throw it again.

He's just extremely lucky & it will catch up to him some day.

& don't come back & tell me that they scored 3 TD's & were in victory formation for the other one because that's just being results oriented.
I am in awe and humbled by your wisdom.

evergreen

Reaction score
Someone said they would always go away from what was working. I wonder if “they” are now in the AFC? Going for that pass to Cody instead of a run into a stacked box was huge!

sc85sis

Reaction score

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
It always was Russ, he would then not follow through on the play called and then play sand lot football not executing the game plan. Coaches and Pete always wore the brunt of that.
I know it will annoy some to bring up Russ but there was a play today where the play-action boot leg and the Cards didn't bite and had a guy bearing down on Geno. He stood their calmly and throw a 5-10 pattern. I was that was where Russ would try and beat the guy one on one, and Russ of the last few years was not able to beat the guy, taking a big sack.

Nothing spectacular from Geno, he just took what was there

Fade

Reaction score
If this what everyone has been talking about for years...sign me up for more! Seems he finally has the guy that can do it!
That wasn't Pete Ball. Geno threw it 20 times in the first half. (Came out aggressive wanting to throw some more at the start off the 2nd half. (Geno took sacks and threw a pick.) Running the 4 min off at the end of the game with the lead is what every team does.

camdawg

Reaction score
Running the 4 min off at the end of the game with the lead is what every team does.
It's what every team would  like to do, but there's definitely some that can't.

The physicality we're seeing from our offensive line is the best since 2018. And that team needed the gimmick of playing OT George Fant at TE. No gimmicks needed for this team to pound away.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I am in awe and humbled by your wisdom.

Damn straight.
No! Not everybody knows you have to throw the ball more than Pete... Seahawks have scored more points than anyone in the NFL 241. If you want to win in the NFL listen to Pete... if you want to be a janitor in the NFL listen to you....LMAO!

Rainger

Reaction score
That wasn't Pete Ball. Geno threw it 20 times in the first half. (Came out aggressive wanting to throw some more at the start off the 2nd half. (Geno took sacks and threw a pick.) Running the 4 min off at the end of the game with the lead is what every team does.
You don't know the F what "Pete Ball" is . There is no such thing. Pete is all about balance, no mistakes, high percentage plays and players doing their job. 99% of the coaches think the same.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

This is what flailing wildly at a sinking narrative looks like

Smellyman

Reaction score
That is funny. I think Pete is the coach

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
That’s kinda what we’ve been doing all season. It reminds me of how Holmgren did things. Heavy first half passing to set up the run, then hitting them with heavy running in the second half.

It’s part of the WCO philosophy.

keasley45

Reaction score

Peteball is as Pete said it is last year and this offseason - being aggressive in whatever facet of the offense that's working. When Russ was here, that facet, outside of play action, improvised extended plays, and big hitters, was a running game. We HAD to run if we wanted to be any better than average at moving the chains. Stats prove this. With Russ, we were only ever effective at consistently staying on the field when we ran more than we passed - especially when Russ ran.

Pete has said multiple times that if he has a qb that protects the ball, can convert on 3rd and can sling the ball all over the field, that he'd embrace him doing so. We just never had it.

He had it at USC and blew the opposition away with it.

Now that he wised up and jettisoned Wilson, he no longer has to rely on a running back to do what his qb should have been able to do - make defenses pay via a VARIED passing attack. If you can't mix up a passing game, see and hit all areas of the field, and take advantage of those things a defense gives youbthrough the air, you have no choice but to try to help that crippled passing game on the ground.

But Peteball has always been about doing both. Protect the ball. Convert on 3rd. Be explosive. Nowhere in there does it say 'run the ball at the expense of an effective passing game'.

I know. The truth hurts.

keasley45

Reaction score
Peteball with Russ in Seattle prevented us from looking like the 2022 Broncos offense. Sure. It wasn't always perfect, but it's obvious now how good the scheme was at maximizing what a limited qb could do, and limiting the degree to which his shortcomings could hurt the team. But even Pete could only do so much.

Peteball with Geno is truly 'unlimited'.

Latest posts