Percy out

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1mj3ma28 said:
Seaswab":1mj3ma28 said:
Why dont we just IR him then?

Exactamundo. If Pete & Co. was as sure as all you "glass half empty" guys, he'd be on IR and we'd have somebody else on the active roster. Injuries heal. That hip's not just sitting there doing nothing. I think we're gonna see him for the playoffs, healed or not. Shoot the damn thing up with painkiller and throw him out there. He's got the whole off-season to finish the healing. Either that, or cut him after the Super Bowl to free up salary cap so we can retain our core.

The only way I see that happening is if they play the Niners off the bye. I would sacrifice him to beat those guys.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2sxfb24x said:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5197/percy-harvin

More likely than not, Harvin's out for the year.

Does that link say what you are saying? Nope. :141847_bnono:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BlueThunder":wc78l54b said:
Seaswab":wc78l54b said:
Why dont we just IR him then?

Exactamundo. If Pete & Co. was as sure as all you "glass half empty" guys, he'd be on IR and we'd have somebody else on the active roster. Injuries heal. That hip's not just sitting there doing nothing. I think we're gonna see him for the playoffs, healed or not. Shoot the damn thing up with painkiller and throw him out there. He's got the whole off-season to finish the healing. Either that, or cut him after the Super Bowl to free up salary cap so we can retain our core.

See my post above. IR'ing comes with ramifications, namely that he automatically earns an $11 million guarantee for 2014 if he ends the season on IR. For the sake of argument, let's say Pete and John are just fed up with the Percy situation. The thing to do would be to keep him on the active roster and then cut him as soon as the season ends. It doesn't help the cap much, but it gets him off the roster and saves the "company" $11 million.

Hawks46

Reaction score
When you put it like that, then it makes sense from the FO's point of view.

Deal with him this year and if it's a phenominal bust, then we can cut him with little ramifications (in respect to the overall contract). I see the out now.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If true...wow. God damn was that trade a whale of a mistake. The Seattle big name WR curse continues.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":ubhvn79t said:
seahawk12thman":ubhvn79t said:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5197/percy-harvin

More likely than not, Harvin's out for the year.

Does that link say what you are saying? Nope. :141847_bnono:

"That obviously means Harvin won't play in the regular season finale against the Rams. The Seahawks will aim to get a win and a first-round bye for the playoffs, and then hope for Harvin to play in the Divisional Round. Even that's not a guarantee. Carroll added he has "no idea" when Harvin will practice again".

Carroll has no idea when he will practice again, sounds like the Hip isn't responding at all. For him to already declare him out this week leads me to believe the hip has taken a turn for the worse. Hey I hope I am wrong... :( What is your analysis of this?

HawkWow

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":z6ibeni4 said:
I am kinda curious where people get this notion he doesn't want to play. I didn't see a guy who didn't want to play against Minnesota. He had serious hip surgery and that can be career ending (Bo Jackson anybody). If Pete sensed that he wasn't a team player, he would have cut him already. He looked like a man possessed in the only game he played. I am frustrated as hell but what can you do?

You're not that curious. If you were, you'd google the subject and never again use the words Harvin and team player together again in the same paragraph.

Why would Pete cut Harvin? We're stuck with him for at least 2 years and he's already cashed the check. We cut him, then he magically gets better and signs with the 9ers? Granted, he would only play against us and Minnesota, but still.

Pete coveted Harvin since High school and signing Harvin was like doinking that hot chick from your chemistry class at the class reunion. It seemed like a good idea at the time, then you learned she gave you the clap, you gave it to the wife and now the whole family hates your guts. Way to go, Peter!

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
HawkWow":31xs3xw6 said:
seahawk12thman":31xs3xw6 said:
I am kinda curious where people get this notion he doesn't want to play. I didn't see a guy who didn't want to play against Minnesota. He had serious hip surgery and that can be career ending (Bo Jackson anybody). If Pete sensed that he wasn't a team player, he would have cut him already. He looked like a man possessed in the only game he played. I am frustrated as hell but what can you do?

You're not that curious. If you were, you'd google the subject and never again use the words Harvin and team player together again in the same paragraph.

Why would Pete cut Harvin? We're stuck with him for at least 2 years and he's already cashed the check. We cut him, then he magically gets better and signs with the 9ers? Granted, he would only play against us and Minnesota, but still.

Pete coveted Harvin since High school and signing Harvin was like doinking that hot chick from your chemistry class at the class reunion. It seemed like a good idea at the time, then you learned she gave you the clap, you gave it to the wife and now the whole family hates your guts. Way to go, Peter!

If Harvin was such a cancer then why did Peterson call him "The best all-around player I have ever seen". High praise for a malcontent that doesn't want to play. You must have little faith in Carroll to say that. I am sure he covered all angles before bringing him here. Anyways, I see this will end up getting ugly and the Seahawks depressed me enough this week. Merry Christmas everybody!!!!! :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

bigcc

Reaction score
LOL@ anyone thinking he's faking it to get put on IR and have his money guaranteed.

If pete thought this was an issue why wouldn't he TELL percy the team isn't gonna IR him and eliminate that idea?

If he was capable of playing he would be, you guys are ridiculous.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
bigcc":1u8ptszu said:
If pete thought this was an issue why wouldn't he TELL percy the team isn't gonna IR him and eliminate that idea?

How do you know he hasn't? If it actually came to that point, I doubt Pete would disclose it the media and I also doubt the player would ever be allowed to play for him again. It would be just as it is now -- vague statements to the media, player kept away from practicing with the team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Percy is probably just a piece of crap.

And nobody likes to admit they mortgaged the farm for a chunk of festering sewage.

If he doesn't manage to play in a game that we need in order to save our slot for the division and to preserve homefield throughout the playoffs, well then he probably counts as a giant bust.

Personally, I consider him a thief and likely a fraud, but that is just how I am reading things.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Guys come on. You really think that if Percy was playing the front office that somebody in the media wouldn't have found out? Percy has an explosive personality and on more than one occasion expressed his feelings with the press and that does not stay bottled up. If Percy was not playing and collecting checks somebody from the Seahawks front office, seahawk players or Percy's camp would have leaked that information by now. This is silly, the man is injured. These rumors are innuendo and ridiculous.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3tsmqj0w said:
Percy is probably just a piece of crap.

And nobody likes to admit they mortgaged the farm for a chunk of festering sewage.

If he doesn't manage to play in a game that we need in order to save our slot for the division and to preserve homefield throughout the playoffs, well then he probably counts as a giant bust.

Personally, I consider him a thief and likely a fraud, but that is just how I am reading things.

I'm sure Percy thinks you are a p.o.s. as well. :th2thumbs:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
996699_601873853214284_641004580_n.jpg

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":188s2zti said:
Guys come on. You really think that if Percy was playing the front office that somebody in the media wouldn't have found out? Percy has an explosive personality and on more than one occasion expressed his feelings with the press and that does not stay bottled up. If Percy was not playing and collecting checks somebody from the Seahawks front office, seahawk players or Percy's camp would have leaked that information by now. This is silly, the man is injured. These rumors are innuendo and ridiculous.

You would think...except that the Seattle media is notoriously cowardly and unwilling to to ask the tough questions, outside of Geoff Baker. The seahawks beat writers / local radio personalities are far more concerned with being friends with the coaches and players than asking tough questions.

Example: recent interview of Unger on Wyman, Mike and Moore: after the interview, Jim says on the air essentially: "well you know the run game has struggled lately but we wouldn't ask Max about that." They sure did cover what kind if Christmas trees there are in Hawaii though.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Perhaps just an impression but I believe PC is very frustrated with Harvin base on his body language. I would not be surprised if they have an injury out to consider releasing him off season.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Boldin just went over 1000 yards for the season. Got to say, the 49ers have made the Hawks look like absolute clowns this season when it comes to WR acquisitions. Meanwhile, no Seahawk WR has gone over 1000 yards since Engram in 2007...sigh.

Germanotta

Reaction score
My only contention with Harvin's injury is that if he is still experiencing soreness then I find it highly unlikely that he was 100% healthy for the game against minny. Therefore, it seems like he rushed back earlier (3 months after surgery when it was expected to take 4-6 months) to just play his old team. This seems like a selfish act to rush back without being completely ready. I don't expect to see him the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.