Percy Harvin read option...

jrod13206

Reaction score
So this is my first post and I'm gonna take a swing at it.

So I was going over Percy Harvin's college highlights and noticed that the carries that he did have were off of the read option and he looked explosive hiting the holes. Now imagine him in there for lynch on the read option and sucking the safety way up (because defences will game plan to stop him) opening up the WO's for read option pass... and if the safety stays back percy breaking them off for 8-12 yards every time. I remember seeing a stat last year of Marshawn having like 7 yards a carry on read option runs last year, imagine an even more explosive Percy getting in on the action. And it doesn't change the offence at all, just plug in Percy and let him do his thing. Excited as heck for the Harvin affect. :179422:

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Yeah, it really just comes down to finding ways to getting him his touches and letting him do his thing. Its a fine line tho, as he's not a big guy, so you gotta be cognizant that he was plays reckless(as far as his body size goes). But yes, read options, counters, reverses, fly sweeps, screens, slot work, deep work, etc. The dude is just crazy talented.

[youtube]k3H_gFJX4vM[/youtube]

[youtube]mBBTz_XYXPQ[/youtube]

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Hopefully we'll see something new that teams haven't seen yet. Bevel should have a plan of attack based on what he knows from their days together in Minnesota.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Going to show the whole package Monday I think...if for no other reason than to FREAK out the 49ers!!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, pull out all the stops on the Saints, then run the regular offense vs. the 49ers. Make em waste all that time on the RO. I'm down.

jblaze

Reaction score
I'm very interested to see how they use Harvin Monday. I doubt they want to let everyone see all the bells and whistles but they'll start to get him in some exotic looks I'm sure.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Galen96":3oq1zbnx said:
Harvin isn't a mystery.... theres years of tape on him... Are you serious?

Harvin is coming off a major surgery, and there is still a mystery to how we will use him. Yes there are tapes on him, but they have to go back and watch them all, and prepare how we could *potentially* use him.

All in all, we werent a cakewalk to prepare for before harvin, and now add to that harvin l, who is a nightmare by himself. The saints DC had way, waaaaaaay more on his plate in getting his guys just somewhat prepared.

vant

Reaction score
Years of tape?

Keep in mind, we have 24 & 3. That opens up more options for 11.

Years of tape won't include the ability to work with 3 very viable running threats.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
vant":2wfwy6m7 said:
Years of tape?

Keep in mind, we have 24 & 3. That opens up more options for 11.

Years of tape won't include the ability to work with 3 very viable running threats.

This is a great point and further more when was the last time Harvin has an accurate passer throwing to him. My guess is you won't find a whole bunch of tape on that. None from college and maybe half a season with Brett Favre while with the Vikes? I'm sure we can come up with some thing that would freak out opposing DC's.
Considering the recent news involving the legion of bong we may need our offense to shift up and win some shootouts so we will need Harvin in the kitchen sink.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
jblaze":ujuoyzvn said:
I'm very interested to see how they use Harvin Monday. I doubt they want to let everyone see all the bells and whistles but they'll start to get him in some exotic looks I'm sure.
I think you pull out the bells and whistles for the Saints and just get that one in the books. Niners too. The rest of the season is when you put the BW into hibernation until the playoffs. I'm sure they'll be working some bad-ass stuff up before the playoffs.

A

Anonymous

CANHawk":lwru8bz5 said:
Triple option sweep from the pistol. Sexy.

Naw, I wanna see them run the flip right double-X jet 36 counter naked wagglet seven X quarter.

Even sexier.