People mad at DeBoer

Welshers2

Reaction score
I have some friends really mad at KDB for leaving and calling him classless. Is this just my idiot friends or is it a widespread sentiment? I was reading a huskies board and they were all hating on him.

Personally I don't really blame a guy for taking the most coveted job in all of college sports...

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Let's ask his players what they think. This guy is a fraud, period.
He talked to Alabama BEFORE THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

And this has been confirmed. WTF?
Funny how quick perceptions change. Just a week ago you thought he was the greatest thing sliced bread.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As did everyone else. Nobody knew he was feeding a line to Husky players and fans. This was a pathetic way to go about things. He lied to their faces, period. F him. Don't like it, too bad.
I'll say it slowly so you can understand. HE.....TALKED.....TO.....ALABAMA.....BEFORE.....THE.....CHAMPIONSHIP.....GAME.
Pathetic and classless. He had NO INTENTIONS of staying at Washington. NONE

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
As did everyone else. Nobody knew he was feeding a line to Husky players and fans. This was a pathetic way to go about things. He lied to their faces, period. F him. Don't like it, too bad.
I'll say it slowly so you can understand. HE.....TALKED.....TO.....ALABAMA.....BEFORE.....THE.....CHAMPIONSHIP.....GAME.
Pathetic and classless. He had NO INTENTIONS of staying at Washington. NONE
He led us to our best season in 30 years! What's wrong with him looking out for himself and doing what's best for him? That was a once in a lifetime job.

Personally I will forever be grateful to KDB for an incredible season. I politely disagree with the haters but I still love and respect you

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because he fed a bs line to everyone. Players, coaches, staff, fans, the university.

F that guy. Sincerely. And I have a right to hope he fails miserably.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's the pinnacle of college coaching job.. I don't blame him..
that said...

He pulled a Rick Neiheisal on us... so screw him.
That said...
Bad timing.. should have redone his contract last year.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Because he fed a bs line to everyone. Players, coaches, staff, fans, the university.

F that guy. Sincerely. And I have a right to hope he fails miserably.
Of course you have that right i never challenged that SoulfishHawk! I was simply trying to understand why he became so hated and you and others illuminated that for me! Great discussion! All love and respect!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I appreciate the amazing 2 seasons. I just lost respect after how he fed that line to everyone. Moreso the players. Take a look at the comments from players. It's bad.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
People I know in Alabama are saying he interviewed for their job before the national championship game. That's a distraction.
Admittedly, Penix had a bad/terrible game. And without Penix on, they weren't going to win.
But the question really is whether UW dodged a bullet. Do we even know if he can win at this level without Penix?

I bet if we played the season and he stayed, we would be at about .500. Which means no Bama offer.
He had to take that job, it wasn't coming for a long time otherwise.
But Im not sure that as the pipeline ran dry, Kalen would thrive here. He struggled to recruit.
He worked the portal well, but as more teams fished in that same lake his effectiveness there would likely fall.
And we would be in a new conference with all the travel/logistics challenges still not ironed out.

That any UW fans are surprised he left surprises me. He left everywhere he's ever gone before, he left Fresno State last. He isn't from here. He has no connections to the program. He's from the MidWest.
WHY WOULDN'T HE LEAVE?
He will probably struggle at Bama though. They won't like his defense and tendency to make mistakes to let teams back in games AT ALL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not surprised he left at all, that's his pattern. More surprised at the Fraud he has proven to be and/or how he went about this. One foot out the door.
F off, deFRAUD

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm just fine with coaches leaving, it's what everyone does when it's a better job and/or with better pay.

But don't give us the weepy we'll always be family, I love you guys like my own kids and all the other nonsense coaches like Deboer say on their way out the door to make themselves feel better about abandoning all the kids they said this stuff to in order to get them to play on their football team.

If you want to stand in front of kids and tell them to be loyal, we're a family, play for each other, I demand your commitment to this team, blah blah blah..............then bolt out the back door? Then be man enough to say that. "Hey guys, I left for a LOT of money and a better situation for ME."

IndyHawk

Reaction score
People I know in Alabama are saying he interviewed for their job before the national championship game. That's a distraction.
Admittedly, Penix had a bad/terrible game. And without Penix on, they weren't going to win.
But the question really is whether UW dodged a bullet. Do we even know if he can win at this level without Penix?

I bet if we played the season and he stayed, we would be at about .500. Which means no Bama offer.
He had to take that job, it wasn't coming for a long time otherwise.
But Im not sure that as the pipeline ran dry, Kalen would thrive here. He struggled to recruit.
He worked the portal well, but as more teams fished in that same lake his effectiveness there would likely fall.
And we would be in a new conference with all the travel/logistics challenges still not ironed out.

That any UW fans are surprised he left surprises me. He left everywhere he's ever gone before, he left Fresno State last. He isn't from here. He has no connections to the program. He's from the MidWest.
WHY WOULDN'T HE LEAVE?
He will probably struggle at Bama though. They won't like his defense and tendency to make mistakes to let teams back in games AT ALL.
He reminds me of Brian Kelly now and that's not good.
I thought the guy had more class than that.
Oh well