Patriots Deflate-Gate?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Patriots fans are so fill of it. One just told me "Brady and Belicheck were cleared of that whole thing, I just posted it on my Facebook page."

Because everything posted on Facebook is fact right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rainger":15o2ywo8 said:
How does someone ensure that those graphs get in front of the eyes of Jeff Pash and Ted Wells?

Very compelling graphs, and I'm not a lawyer but I'd say as of now that's all just circumstantial data.

In order for the Pats to get busted, the league's going to have to find or talk to someone that proves the Pats purposefully deflated the balls. Gonna be hard to do, I'm sure Belicheat and his minions have already got to everyone involved long before the league got to them.

My hope is the investigators can look back through video evidence and see the shenanigans. There's like 10 cameras and a bunch of league sideline officials all over the place at games now, hopefully someone saw something or it's on video.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29tbnzj7 said:
rainger":29tbnzj7 said:
How does someone ensure that those graphs get in front of the eyes of Jeff Pash and Ted Wells?

Very compelling graphs, and I'm not a lawyer but I'd say as of now that's all just circumstantial data.

In order for the Pats to get busted, the league's going to have to find or talk to someone that proves the Pats purposefully deflated the balls. Gonna be hard to do, I'm sure Belicheat and his minions have already got to everyone involved long before the league got to them.

My hope is the investigators can look back through video evidence and see the shenanigans. There's like 10 cameras and a bunch of league sideline officials all over the place at games now, hopefully someone saw something or it's on video.

People are convicted all the time based on circumstantial evidence. You don't need videos of the crime or confessions to get a conviction in a court of law and you definitely don't in Roger Goodell's NFL. The deflated footballs are all the evidence they need. They didn't deflate themselves and nobody other than the Patriots had the means or the motive to do it.

Now the severity of the penalties will have a lot to do with whether they can prove this has been going on for a long time rather than being an isolated incident and that will be more difficult to prove, especially if those involved lie about it.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
The Patriots are making an announcement at 2:30 ET (about 12 minutes from now). I suppose it's too much to hope for that it's some kind of confession.

vonstout

Reaction score
Apparently, the Pats have come up with a way to change the laws of physics! They claim that changing the temperature from room temp to 50degrees deflated the ball 1.5 psi. Amazing! He also claimed that all the rubbing the do to break in the balls raised the ball temp. They must be stroking it pretty fast! But he said the league was supposed to adjust the pressure to 12.5 psi. That seems kind of strange since Brady said that their guys get the balls just the way he wants them and then nobody does anything to them. They are full of it.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
"Neil Wemyss · Harvard University
Awesome interview bil belicheck you came out with fire passion scientific facts and common sense and defended your team the best interview coach has ever done he even brought up the spying thing which every team does and to all the haters how about that we have the best coach in bil bil belicheck and the best qb in Tom Brady and the best team the patriots and the NFL and the haters take that awesome Neil from this fan I tip my cap to u thank u for being our coach"

It's crazy how brainwashed the Pats fans are.

djb28

Reaction score
petesuckit.gif

rideaducati

Reaction score
WHEN their fumbles/play come back to normal, EVERYONE will know that they cheated and the Patriots/Belichick/Brady legacies will forever be tainted.

253hawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3khkk55l said:
Awesome interview bil belicheck you came out with fire passion scientific facts and common sense and defended your team the best interview coach has ever done he even brought up the spying thing which every team does and to all the haters how about that we have the best coach in bil bil belicheck and the best qb in Tom Brady and the best team the patriots and the NFL and the haters take that awesome Neil from this fan I tip my cap to u thank u for being our coach"

Harvard my ass. That sounds like it was written by a 14 year old.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Since nobody did it according to Belichick's investigation I guess we should call this the Immaculate Deflation.

rideaducati

Reaction score
253hawk":21wj863h said:
RunTheBall":21wj863h said:

Harvard my ass. That sounds like it was written by a 14 year old.

Looks like he parked his van on Harvard property and sent that comment in on his phone.

kearly

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jwvx5sh9 said:

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the statistical odds of that being the case are 1 in 16,000.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":1stwxghd said:
Sgt. Largent":1stwxghd said:

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the statistical odds of that being the case are 1 in 16,000.
The amount of cash involved in Patriot games played in inclement weather has to have odds guys in Vegas shaking their heads over one they missed. Pats have covered over 80 percent of spreads in bad weather games.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3i3ovy59 said:
kearly":3i3ovy59 said:
Sgt. Largent":3i3ovy59 said:

The amount of cash involved in Patriot games played in inclement weather has to have odds guys in Vegas shaking their heads over one they missed. Pats have covered over 80 percent of spreads in bad weather games.

Since its a near certainty that the NFL will change the rules next season relating to how game footballs are supplied and tested it'll be interesting to see if the Patriots suddenly begin regressing back to the mean in regards to fumbles and wet weather performance. Hopefully the fumble regression begins next Sunday because you know those will be the most heavily scrutinized game balls in the history of the sport. There won't be any Brady Specials snuck into that game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Well with the NFL liking a lot of offense and the fact they are a "legacy team" I half expect the NFL to make new rules to accommodate their cheating ways. Kraft and Rog are tight ya know.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It's the stuff we don't know about that has me concerned.

It's funny because BB has worded his statements to absorb the possibility of more findings, but he is saying what he is because he knows that nothing will happen. He used the terms "to the best of my knowledge" and "I believe".

He didn't give absolutes. He gave interpretations of his own view

Spygate was real, Deflate-Gate is real. So what are the chances that the league knows everything when a guy as shifty as BB is in charge?

Heh.. the Patriots were caught cheating the week before playing the fastest most physical team in the league that spends a big chunk of their season playing against 3 of the other fastest and most physical teams in the league.

Now they are going to put their pocket passer that moves like a crane across the line of scrimmage from this team?

A team that is known for being ultra-motivated on their own just left Seattle to yet another massive send off and now they have a target.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Uh oh...

JayGlazer @JayGlazer

Breaking news: sources tell @FOXSports the NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest

Phteven

Reaction score
Called exactly this days ago. First step will be support for the ball boy, then reluctantly, the Patriots will have to accept that he was the lone culprit. A young, enthusiastic guy who went rogue... crossing the line but without the knowledge of anyone else on the team. He will resign or be fired and everyone else will be exonorated.

As I said days ago, he falls on his sword and that is that. maybe a fine.