Patriots Deflate-Gate?

Osprey

Reaction score
Sorry no link, but heard on ESPN in Portland...

Evidently the Colts noticed the soft balls on an interception in the regular season so were looking for it in this game. If true that speaks to a long term strategy that could up the ante on punishment.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Osprey":1j78pcgr said:

Evidently the Colts noticed the soft balls on an interception in the regular season so were looking for it in this game. If true that speaks to a long term strategy that could up the ante on punishment.
Wow. Just wow. Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Osprey":3h1ygyxu said:

Regular season game was played in Indy. Now you think we deflated balls on the road as well?

This is becoming amusing. I wonder what other non issue people will make a big deal out of next.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HeatEquation":tt8iklwa said:
I wonder what other non issue people will make a big deal out of next.
I don't know, but I'm sure you'll demonstrate for us late in the evening of February 1st, 2015.

Osprey

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1iegj4dh said:
Osprey":1iegj4dh said:

Regular season game was played in Indy. Now you think we deflated balls on the road as well?

This is becoming amusing. I wonder what other non issue people will make a big deal out of next.

Serious question...does each team control their own set of non-kicking balls after they are certified by the officials prior to the game? If so that seems ripe for exploitation.

Rainger

Reaction score
Osprey":3v23uowm said:
HeatEquation":3v23uowm said:
Osprey":3v23uowm said:

Serious question...does each team control their own set of non-kicking balls after they are certified by the officials prior to the game? If so that seems ripe for being exploitation.
The answer to this is YES. After the Refs confirm and certify the balls each side is given their own batch. The kicking balls are held separate. So The ball boy for NE could deflate the NE balls and that would have no affect on the balls used by Indy.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Come to think of it... If a deflated ball helps the passing game so much, it's probably only a matter of time before the league mandates lower psi for rainy games, or all games. It would be like MLB winding the ball tighter to promote more long balls.

Or... Conspiracy incoming... Maybe the league had the balls deflated for this game. Like a test run, to see how well it works.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Boy the Ravens sure got screwed. The Cheatriots ran the ball one time in the second half. That whole game could have been compromised. This won't stop, the reward is worth the punishment. Rob has his butt so far Rog's nose it will never be extracted.

Rat

Reaction score
0-2 in Post-Spygate Super Bowls. It's going to be very damaging to Belichick's legacy if he doesn't win at least one legitimate championship. Kind of like Carroll in the college ranks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!!!

Amazon with that Google-style humor. I love it.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/amazon/status/557343161702301697[/tweet]

Pats fan1

Reaction score
"IF" the evidence clearly is shown and it's proven the Pats deliberately illegally screwed around with the footballs after they were inspected then yes the NFL should come down on them hard, fine them, take away draft picks and suspend Belichick for the entire season. As a Pats' fan I'll probably stop being a fan of them if the evidence is there and NFL's findings show the Pats are guilty.

I read a report that the NFL said they will officially release their findings in 2 to 3 days so it will be Thursday or Friday. "IF" the Patriots really did something so bad and so egregious I doubt the NFL would release their findings before the Super Bowl so quickly. You actually believe the NFL would turn the entire NFL Super Bowl media day all about this massive controversy and force Goodell to hold press conferences every day during Super Bowl Week and possibly have the FBI and Justice Department involved? lol After the whole Ray Rice controversy I think the NFL learned it's lesson.

Now, some things we need to understand. This is the Colts who made this claim and some biased Indy journalist who HATES the Pats. The Colts/Pats have a shady rivalry with the Colts having a druggie idiot owner who's lucky he's not in jail who's obsession is to destroy the Pats and Belichick. The Colts illegally pumped in fake crowd noise over the speakers and turned up the heat in the 2006 AFC title game against the Pats. Comcast Sportsnet Gary Tanguay had this admitted to him by people at NBC during and after the game.

There are some reports out also about Ravens' coach Harbaugh and Colts' coach Pagano talking during the week before the game setting this whole thing up. Remember, Pagano worked for the Ravens.

It's almost as if the Colts didn't prepare or plan to win this game, they played the game as detectives who's sole purpose is to find anything they can and complain to the league about it. Any little thing they could find they'd get. And of course a Colts' player makes an INT and runs to the sidelines like a little tattle tail claiming the ball "feels funny." And it was reported that ball was handed over to the Colts' ball boy first.

I think there's a 70% chance the NFL finds nothing wrong. I could be wrong and will admit it here if I am.

There's also a myth that Goodell and Kraft are "buddies." lol Goodell is a NY Jets fan who hates the Pats and the NFL hates the Pats. There are so many people in the NFL who want to nail Belichick.

But hey, after SpyGate us Pats' fans are use to all the conspiracies. One of the best ones I read recently was something regarding the Patriots' light house at their stadium gives the home team some advantage.

But it's only a big deal if the Patriots are involved...
http://vid809.photobucket.com/albums/zz ... ect295.mp4

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pats fan1":1aopq24d said:
"IF" the evidence clearly is shown and it's proven the Pats deliberately illegally screwed around with the footballs after they were inspected then yes the NFL should come down on them hard, fine them, take away draft picks and suspend Belichick for the entire season. As a Pats' fan I'll probably stop being a fan of them if the evidence is there and NFL's findings show the Pats are guilty.

I read a report that the NFL said they will officially release their findings in 2 to 3 days so it will be Thursday or Friday. "IF" the Patriots really did something so bad and so egregious I doubt the NFL would release their findings before the Super Bowl so quickly. You actually believe the NFL would turn the entire NFL Super Bowl media day all about this massive controversy and force Goodell to hold press conferences every day during Super Bowl Week and possibly have the FBI and Justice Department involved? lol After the whole Ray Rice controversy I think the NFL learned it's lesson.

Now, some things we need to understand. This is the Colts who made this claim and some biased Indy journalist who HATES the Pats. The Colts/Pats have a shady rivalry with the Colts having a druggie idiot owner who's lucky he's not in jail who's obsession is to destroy the Pats and Belichick. The Colts illegally pumped in fake crowd noise over the speakers and turned up the heat in the 2006 AFC title game against the Pats. Comcast Sportsnet Gary Tanguay had this admitted to him by people at NBC during and after the game.

There are some reports out also about Ravens' coach Harbaugh and Colts' coach Pagano talking during the week before the game setting this whole thing up. Remember, Pagano worked for the Ravens.

It's almost as if the Colts didn't prepare or plan to win this game, they played the game as detectives who's sole purpose is to find anything they can and complain to the league about it. Any little thing they could find they'd get. And of course a Colts' player makes an INT and runs to the sidelines like a little tattle tail claiming the ball "feels funny." And it was reported that ball was handed over to the Colts' ball boy first.

I think there's a 70% chance the NFL finds nothing wrong. I could be wrong and will admit it here if I am.

There's also a myth that Goodell and Kraft are "buddies." lol Goodell is a NY Jets fan who hates the Pats and the NFL hates the Pats. There are so many people in the NFL who want to nail Belichick.

But hey, after SpyGate us Pats' fans are use to all the conspiracies. One of the best ones I read recently was something regarding the Patriots' light house at their stadium gives the home team some advantage.

But it's only a big deal if the Patriots are involved...
http://vid809.photobucket.com/albums/zz ... ect295.mp4
Even if the Pats did do what they are being accused of nothing of substance will happen (other than a token fine) since they are a legacy team.
Oh and Rog's favorite team isn't the Jets, it's the Giants. Right stadium, wrong team.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ESPN confirming that 11 of 12 game balls used in AFCCG were under-inflated by two pounds each.

mikeak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":14m6zih6 said:
ESPN confirming that 11 of 12 game balls used in AFCCG were under-inflated by two pounds psi each.

Pure chance....

Where is the Bellicheck video of the sidelines? :)

pehawk

Reaction score
Just, wow.

We all know who America is rooting for now, huh?

huskylawyer

Reaction score
It is so tiring how the national media gives BB and the Pats' a free pass.

Spygate - No big deal; they still great.
Aaron Hernandez - no big deal; they still great
BB Press Conferences and curt treatment of the media - no big deal. He's great. (but of course, Lynch is a jerk).

Now, with this deflate fiasco, the narrative is, "oh, they would have won anyways".

The thing is--that's not the @#$@#$@# point. The point is the "Patriots Way" is just code for hubris and dishonestly.

Listen, it is a game, so context is important. But it still makes me want to throw up. Just can't stand the Pats.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I have a Pats fan friend that tried to tell me Pete was the coach he had to know about Reggie taking money. It quieted down when I asked so Bill knew about the murders and didn't come forward? I mean he had to know he was his coach.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If this is even legit I don't want the league screwing with NE before the Super Bowl. If there is some sort of punishment that crap needs to wait until next season.

No knee jerking please. Just get the facts and details straight before doing anything. The game is less than 2 weeks away and that is not enough time to give it proper consideration.

I don't even care. A couple pounds of air? Whatever.

That sounds like Dallas fans after Romo choked the snap.

New England is a bad ass team, deflated balls are the least of my concerns.