Panther fan with a question for seahawk fans

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
To think that Seattle's DBs can't handle the combo of Smith/Ginn is the dumbest shit I've read since the (latest) Bayliss thread.

I honestly hope every Carolina fan has this same mindset, it'll be more entertaining when they get no quarter (even if Cam asks for a little bit).

hawker84

Reaction score
Megatron - locked down last seaso
Fitz - locked down last season
hulio jones - locked down in the playoffs
roddy white - locked down ( 1 td to be fair ) in the playoffs
crabtree - locked down last season
jennings - locked down and curb stomped by browner
welker - 1 td, otherwise locked down, and curbstomped by browner
garcon - locked down and embarassed by sherman and browner in the playoffs

So hmmm let's see, seeing how Smith hasn't really done anything against us ever, and Guinn is nowhere near the recievers listed above. Ya i think we'll be ok.. i would comment on the other ones but i'd have to google who they are. being serious, i don't know who they are.

It'll be a tough game, but your db's/recievers are the least of my worries....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wait did this guy really say Ted Ginn is a threat in the passing game?

:lol:

droop828

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":30p4mh82 said:
Wait did this guy really say Ted Ginn is a threat in the passing game?

:lol:

Yes, yes he did. You have to love homer fans. The Panthers have hot garbage receivers as Smith is basically a number two receiver at this point in his career.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
God... A little success and we've become the 49ers boards that we all hate. C'mon all of you haters. Lighten up! If a guy comes in as a total troll, ban the shit out of him. If an opposing fan comes in with no ill intent, merely wanting to just discuss the game, welcome them. It adds some spice and makes this board more interesting. Let's not be 49er a-holes and just shout 'em down, Mmmm-k? :34853_doh: It really gives us a bad rep... and I don't think any of us want that... Right?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
hawker84":2vrf4ja6 said:

So hmmm let's see, seeing how Smith hasn't really done anything against us ever, and Guinn is nowhere near the recievers listed above. Ya i think we'll be ok.. i would comment on the other ones but i'd have to google who they are. being serious, i don't know who they are.

If you'll recall, last year Sherman absolutely abused Steve Smith ... so badly and frustrated him so much that late in the game he tried picking Sherman up and body slamming him to the ground.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Steve Smith isn't the threat he used to be. He has never really torched the Hawks for anything. He used to go off on teams and get a lot of attention for it, but The Legion will win that battle. He could have a fair game, but he won't be taking over.

Carolina needs to keep the game on the inside if they want to win, because on both offense and defense they are vulnerable outside. Their DBs against a fully functional WR group like Seattle? Ouch.. maybe they aren't superstar material, but they can all play and they will all get the ball. RW likes to share.

OP
OP
K

krakeniscoming1976

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1b39ovm7 said:
God... A little success and we've become the 49ers boards that we all hate. C'mon all of you haters. Lighten up! If a guy comes in as a total troll, ban the shit out of him. If an opposing fan comes in with no ill intent, merely wanting to just discuss the game, welcome them. It adds some spice and makes this board more interesting. Let's not be 49er a-holes and just shout 'em down, Mmmm-k? :34853_doh: It really gives us a bad rep... and I don't think any of us want that... Right?
did not know thunder was blue :sarcasm_on: :p :lol:

FriendlyCat

Reaction score
hawker84":3vvntvic said:

In fairness, anyone can be beat...

Didn't you guys lose @ the home of the mighty Phins last year with the legendary Bess going for 129 yards?

Didn't you lose @ Det with Stafford throwing 4 TDs on you and the mighty Titus Young catching 2 TDs and 100 yards on you?

Maybe the guys you need to google are the key....bc last year it was the middle tier players who had the big games to upset y'all on the road. The road also is a place where Seattle had a losing record.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Yes, we've lost to some garbage teams on the road.

If Carolina wins today, we will have lost to yet another garbage team on the road.

FriendlyCat

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":xe8gx8g4 said:

If Carolina wins today, we will have lost to yet another garbage team on the road.

Well, in fairness.....Seattle on the road last year wasn't impressive during the regular season. I think it may be fair to say that at least last year during the regualr season you weren't very good on the road.

Losing record.

Road game 1 - Loss to a bad team
Road game 2 - Loss to a bad team
Road game 3- 4 pt win against a bad team
Road game 4 - Loss to a good team
Road game 5 - Loss to a bad team
Road game 6- Loss to a bad team
Road game 7 - OT win against a good team
Road game 8 - blew out a bad team

In fairness, last season you weren't a team that lost a fluke game on the road to a bad team. You had a relatively easy road schedule...

I think Seattle clearly should be favored....but until proven otherwise, Seattle on the road will be viewed slightly different.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Right, but you're whole argument isn't based on your team being any good ... because it isn't.

FriendlyCat

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1sm0tu86 said:
Right, but you're whole argument isn't based on your team being any good ... because it isn't.

My arguement was....last year Seattle wasnt good on the road and being "good" wasnt a requirement to beat. Seattle lost and struggled against bad ones.

Carolina isn't bad....middle of the road. Mainly bc
of coaching....they blow late game leads. Shockingly a lot. If they closed out a couple of easy ones late they have winning records the last 2 years.

hawk45

Reaction score
No doubt Seattle (well, every NFL team) has a tougher time on the road. Nobody should take a road win for granted, Carolina does have some areas of strength, and really turned it up at the end of last year. So there are some nerves here as there should be.

The OP's argument was about Carolina's WR corps being good and that's why he's being torched. Your statement that less-than-superstar players torched our D last year doesn't actually prop up the idea that you have any good WRs besides Smith. But, related to the OP or not, you do make a good point. Nickel corner was an area of concern last year. With Browner out for us this game, I think nickel corner again is where teams have to make hay against us, and truthfully we don't know what we have there yet (hopefully better than Trufant was last year).

As I said though, this wasn't a thread pointing out reasons why we shouldn't be counting on a win. Those reasons do exist (the way we blew games in the last 2 minutes for examples). This thread was about the overall quality of the Panther receiving corps.

sc85sis

Reaction score
hawker232":2b06bear said:
krakeniscoming1976":2b06bear said:
You keep saying the only Wr We Have Is Steve Smith. Tho We Have a New Wr Core with New Wrs The newest aditions is Ted Ginn Jr And Dom Hixon we also Have Armanti Edwards Who Has Improved And Brandon Lafell And Steve Smith. Not Sure If You Going Double Smith Thinking Hes Our Only Good Wr. If Thats The Case Tedd Ginn Will Be Open All Day. We Also have a good Tight End In Gregg Olsen

We won't need to double team Smith.

16226_ShermanISOFull.gif
Offensive pass interference! Where's the flag?

Marvin49

Reaction score
krakeniscoming1976":339gm5yp said:
KillerB":339gm5yp said:
If you remove the homer goggles and look at that list of names, objectively, you will see Steve Smith and a bunch of has-beens and never-weres.

Olsen is legit.

And Ted Ginn is a scary kick returner, so there's that.

Please desist with the capitalization.
Ginn will be a Wr also and not just a kick returner. and don't get mad at me because i asked a question. i see people being rude which is not cool shows lack of class

Uh....as a Niner fan all I can tell you in regards to Ginn as a WR...prepare yourself for disappointment. The Dolphins needed WRs and they traded him. The 49ers needed WRs and they let him walk. That should tell you something.

If you are expecting anything from him beyond returning kicks or the occasional reverse, good luck with that.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
FriendlyCat":1g3eipyy said:
Hawkstorian":1g3eipyy said:

Well, in fairness.....Seattle on the road last year wasn't impressive during the regular season. I think it may be fair to say that at least last year during the regualr season you weren't very good on the road.

Losing record.

Road game 1 - Loss to a bad team
Road game 2 - Loss to a bad team
Road game 3- 4 pt win against a bad team
Road game 4 - Loss to a good team
Road game 5 - Loss to a bad team
Road game 6- Loss to a bad team
Road game 7 - OT win against a good team
Road game 8 - blew out a bad team

In fairness, last season you weren't a team that lost a fluke game on the road to a bad team. You had a relatively easy road schedule...

I think Seattle clearly should be favored....but until proven otherwise, Seattle on the road will be viewed slightly different.

In fairness, your team lost. Just sayin'.

Latest posts