Packers sign Seneca Wallace

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
The things teams do to get an advantage... First Tolzien, then Wallace. How many former 49er QBs do you need?

mretrade

Reaction score
I feel like Vince Young always gets screwed. There are plenty of less talented quarterbacks with jobs in the NFL.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Young really is better than Wallace at this point. Hard to argue against the notion that Green Bay is just looking for a Week 1 advantage against SF. This is otherwise a very strange signing for Green Bay.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2f00xygf said:
Young really is better than Wallace at this point. Hard to argue against the notion that Green Bay is just looking for a Week 1 advantage against SF. This is otherwise a very strange signing for Green Bay.

I don't believe Wallace over Young has anything to do with the 49ers. Unlike Young, Wallace actually has experience in the WCO.

chris98251

Reaction score
Saw a quote from a GB guy saying it was too bad they didn't get Young in sooner, that suggests he was too far behind the learning curve on offense to be an impact and lends creedence to Wallaces pick up.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
chris98251":24menajk said:
Saw a quote from a GB guy saying it was too bad they didn't get Young in sooner, that suggests he was too far behind the learning curve on offense to be an impact and lends creedence to Wallaces pick up.

Didn't Young score like a 2 in the wonderlic or something like that?

Probably not smart enough to pick up the offense fast enough to give himself a chance.

You can't fix stupid.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah and we know the Wonderlic is Gospel, but being out of football and a WCO offense that typically takes as Hass said like 3 years to truly master he was really pushing to make a difference there.

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
Tolzien, Wallace, and Young are all scrubs. Funny, three seasons ago, I would have been stoked to have any of those guys playing QB for the Niners.

The Radish

Reaction score
Dick Johnson":l4ekmu4s said:
Tolzien, Wallace, and Young are all scrubs. Funny, three seasons ago, I would have been stoked to have any of those guys playing QB for the Niners.

hell 3 seasons ago you and many others here would have been stoked for Young to be playing here.

:roll:

Personally I thought Young looked pretty good at GB. I was surprised they cut him.