"Our offensive line isn't that bad."

mrt144

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1mu1zv9j said:
What would the reaction be if I said that this offensive line will bring the Seahawks a super bowl title within 1-2 years?

Schick Schadel

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2sersf4t said:
dumbrabbit":2sersf4t said:
What would the reaction be if I said that this offensive line will bring the Seahawks a super bowl title within 1-2 years?

Meaning what? Simply that the team will win a SB with the current OL or that the team will win a SB because the OL is a strength?

We've already won a SB with a line everyone hated.

Sometimes I think we could win five Super Bowls with Wilson and people would still be frantically wringing their hands over the OL. Guys - the stupid line just isn't the be-all anymore. The QB has a huge role in protecting himself with his play calls and decision-making, and Wilson has mobility on top of all that. There's probably no QB in the league who requires less from his line.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":gxfh3wq9 said:
CodeWarrior":gxfh3wq9 said:
dumbrabbit":gxfh3wq9 said:

Meaning what? Simply that the team will win a SB with the current OL or that the team will win a SB because the OL is a strength?

Sometimes I think we could win five Super Bowls with Wilson and people would still be frantically wringing their hands over the OL. Guys - the stupid line just isn't the be-all anymore. The QB has a huge role in protecting himself with his play calls and decision-making, and Wilson has mobility on top of all that. There's probably no QB in the league who requires less from his line.

We could run the ball with that line. Not being able to run will kill us in the playoffs. Our RBs yesterday had eight carries for 10 yards. That just won't cut it.

I hope the line takes shape and progresses but I have my doubts. If I had to give a single answer to what will keep us from another SB I would say without question the offensive line. Not saying the SB is an impossibility but if we don't get there it will most likely be because of an inadequate OL.

Do you disagree?

Hawks46

Reaction score
iigakusei":1mdfddc5 said:
I will say that some of the blame has to fall on WIlson as his pocket awareness is probably the worst part of his game. There were at least two times I can recall against the Saints where he had a clean pocket to step into but he actually bailed out INTO the pressure. Also teams know the threat of Wilson taking off is minimal so they can tee off on him - add in an average at best running game and there you go.
Not saying our OL has played well - because they haven't, but it is an oversimplification to say the OL sucks.
The blame is shared between OL, QB and OC IMO.

This is part of it. Last night, Wilson got sacked by a guy crawling on his belly. A couple steps to the left and he's clean.

Also, I'm not a big fan of recording QB "hits" as they're not that indicative. Half of the Wilson hits I've seen this year were literally "Wilson throws the ball, count one thousand one, one thousand two....Bang ! Wilson gets blasted". The ball is out on time, perfectly accurate and it's typically a reception. Yea it sucks that Wilson got hit, but tell me how that affected the play exactly ?

I don't like Wilson taking hits, and don't like seeing him hurt but it won't stop. Wilson's pressures, hurries and sacks are all down from this point of last year significantly, and some of those sacks are on Wilson not the OL.

Now if we're talking run blocking, the OP has a great point. But he's talking pass protection which is much better.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ot0u7bn said:
CodeWarrior":2ot0u7bn said:
dumbrabbit":2ot0u7bn said:

What do you think about 10 carries for eight yards from our running backs?

I was once very much like you, defending the line, and defending the process.

But I can't anymore.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ukszgwr said:
iigakusei":2ukszgwr said:
I will say that some of the blame has to fall on WIlson as his pocket awareness is probably the worst part of his game. There were at least two times I can recall against the Saints where he had a clean pocket to step into but he actually bailed out INTO the pressure. Also teams know the threat of Wilson taking off is minimal so they can tee off on him - add in an average at best running game and there you go.
Not saying our OL has played well - because they haven't, but it is an oversimplification to say the OL sucks.
The blame is shared between OL, QB and OC IMO.

This is part of it. Last night, Wilson got sacked by a guy crawling on his belly. A couple steps to the left and he's clean.

Also, I'm not a big fan of recording QB "hits" as they're not that indicative. Half of the Wilson hits I've seen this year were literally "Wilson throws the ball, count one thousand one, one thousand two....Bang ! Wilson gets blasted". The ball is out on time, perfectly accurate and it's typically a reception. Yea it sucks that Wilson got hit, but tell me how that affected the play exactly ?

I don't like Wilson taking hits, and don't like seeing him hurt but it won't stop. Wilson's pressures, hurries and sacks are all down from this point of last year significantly, and some of those sacks are on Wilson not the OL.

Now if we're talking run blocking, the OP has a great point. But he's talking pass protection which is much better.

I clearly said in the OP that they can't effectively run block and get no push.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The line is terrible. Any objective eye can see that. I love those guys and I know they're trying but it's bad.

Latest posts