Oregon vs. Washington

Throwdown

Reaction score
DuckHunting08.JPG

Even captured the 24874893724832 uniforms, flawless

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sounds liked there's a pretty good chance deanthony Thomas is not playing. Game time decision but he sounded pretty pessimistic today. Obviously that would be a huge factor in the game.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Even without Thomas there is going to be an absurd amount of speed on the field Saturday. Kind of like those old Florida State/Florida games from the mid 90's.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'd gone Miami (Erickson) vs FSU, personally, but point remains.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The speed on Erickson's Miami teams were mostly on defense, so FSU and Miami always play low scoring games. Florida/Florida State had equal talent on both sides, big plays all over the place.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Speaking of speed. Here's the explosion plays for the Ducks offense this year (anything over 25 yards). The Ducks have 35 through 5 games, had 46 all of last year:

75 - Addison rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
71 - Mariota rush at UVA*
57 - Mundt rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
54 - Huff rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)*
49 - Marshall rush vs. NICH*
47 - Marshall rush vs. NICH
46 - Mariota rush vs. NICH*
46 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
45 - Hawkins rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)*
45 - Forde rush vs. NICH
44 - Addison rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
40 - Forde rush at COLO
40 - Thomas rush at UVA*
40 - Lowe rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
39 - Huff rec. at COLO (Mariota)
38 - Addison rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
37 - Allen rec. vs. COLO (Rodrigues)
36 - Marshall rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
31 - Huff rec. at UVA (Mariota)
31 - Tyner rush at UVA*
31 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
30 - Addison rec. at UVA (Mariota)*
28 - Mundt rec. vs. CAL (Mariota)
28 - Thomas rush vs. TENN*
28 - Thomas rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
28 - Huff rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
28 - Thomas rec. at UVA (Mariota)
28 - Rodrigues vs. NICH
27 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
27 - Addison rec. vs. NICH* (Mariota)
27 - Mariota rush vs. NICH
26 - Mariota rush vs. NICH
26 - Huff rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
25 - Marshall rush vs. CAL*
25 - Huff rec. vs. CAL (Mariota)
* indicates touchdown

CPHawk

Reaction score
Good thing Huskys aren't a bird dog. Now if it was the UW labs or German shorthairs, ducks might be in trouble.

pehawk

Reaction score
seahawks2k and I we're trying to reminisce, and duckboy comes waltzing in. I was about to do a Bentley reference, too. Way to go.

XOXO

Darrin Smith

seahawk2k

Reaction score
We'll soldier on, I'm getting a high top fade right now as we speak.

Leon Searcy

pehawk

Reaction score
Speaking of Erickson, I really liked him as a NFL coach. He came in, owner went Major League, then was hired for the 49ers "probation years". Never got too fair of a shot. He had a very underrated eye for NFL talent (once Behring gave him personnel responsibilities as the caveat to LA).

XOXO

Bob Bratkowski

seahawk2k

Reaction score
You gotta give Randy Mueller some of the credit for all that talent the Hawks brought in back then too. He went to the Saints and built a playoff team with Jim Haslett at coach, thats an achievement.

I wanted to like Erickson, but all the penalties, the mediocrity, the failure to close games and constantly losing to teams they shouldn't just killed me. He was/is a great offensive mind, pioneering one of my favorite offenses ever in the one back, but his lack of attention to detail held his teams back.

XOXO

Howard Mudd

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, yeah, the Saints became "Seahawks South", Green Bay back-up QB and everything. That's more Mueller. Jay Bellamy (Tupac) and the likes.

But if I remember correctly it was Erickson that identified; Pete Kendall, Kevin Mawae, Ahman Green, Kitna, etc. If Holmgren had those skills his rebuild wouldn't have taken so long. Mirer, then Freisz breaking his leg, really stunted his growth.

I do see your point on his teams committing penalties and seeming undisciplined. All I'd say is those adjectives can be used to describe Pete's Hawks too. It's a fine line between success and failure. If given a good ownership group and better direction, who knows?

I always have to wonder what that Vinnie helmet team would've became. So much talent and potential, and that game shattered a season.

XOXO

Michael Frier's Pristine Shoes

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The Vinny game didn't shatter a season, it made them go from 9-7 to 8-8. People also forget Carlester Crumpler dropped a third down pass that would've iced the game before that Vinny drive. Regardless, they won their next two games after the Vinny game then lost to the Super Bowl champs by seven in Mile High. I'm not sure that team had the heart or leadership to have been anything other than a team that got thumped in the wildcard game. Ericksons squads literally never beat anyone good. Look it up.

XOXO
Deshone Myles ACL

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm sure I have an unrealistic view of things. Distance makes the heart grow fonder thing, I guess.

Back on topic. I remember being fairly pissed the Dawgs didn't give old Husky Stadium a proper send off by beating Oregon. They got blown out, it was sad. My heart's telling me I'll be in front of my TV until 4 Saturday. But my mind's telling me I'll be taking the little one to the pumpkin patch at about 2 or so.

XOXO

Jeff Chadwick's Ankle

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I remember being fairly pissed they didn't give Husky Stadium a proper sendoff by wearing the standard purple jerseys, gold helmet, gold pants combo, instead they pulled that "blackout" thing. They are doing it again on Saturday, for a day game. It's a day game, how the hell can there be a blackout?

I think the Huskies will be in it at halftime, maybe even by the end of the third quarter. Its all about how resilient they are, last year they kind of gave up and let things snowball. I also think they are in better physical shape than they have been in at least a decade, that should help. It's a tall task regardless though.

XOXO

Stan Gelbaugh's shoulder

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
I just want to win. I don't have any hope to, but i'm sick and tired of losing to Oregon.

DohBoy

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2v6b8oxm said:
I thought Breast Cancer month was just for the NFL.

Softy found a lump, so the Mutts are rallying around him.

BTW: It's a large "rally." Remember "Hands Across America"?

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1oy06xay said:
I just want to win. I don't have any hope to, but i'm sick and tired of losing to Oregon.

Agreed. All of us are sick and tired of seeing Oregon win these games. I will say that I am very glad the game is in Seattle!

HawkWow

Reaction score
seahawk2k":37200o3w said:
I remember being fairly pissed they didn't give Husky Stadium a proper sendoff by wearing the standard purple jerseys, gold helmet, gold pants combo, instead they pulled that "blackout" thing. They are doing it again on Saturday, for a day game. It's a day game, how the hell can there be a blackout?

I think the Huskies will be in it at halftime, maybe even by the end of the third quarter. Its all about how resilient they are, last year they kind of gave up and let things snowball. I also think they are in better physical shape than they have been in at least a decade, that should help. It's a tall task regardless though.

XOXO

Stan Gelbaugh's shoulder

I'm more pissed they didn't plan it a bit better and schedule us a win.
My delirious aunt sent a me a T-shirt from the final game "Washington Vs. Oregon- Final game at Husky stadium"...or some similar horsesh*t. I threw the thing directly into the trash. Didn't even want to use it as a rag in the garage. My wife wanted me to include it with items we take to Goodwill, not a chance.

There was a time I had over 200 UW shirts from various games, events etc. Obviously, the majority of them very personal and dear to me. But they got discolored and musty and the wife begged me to free up the space. We took them to Goodwill and the next thing you know, I'm seeing feral hippies walking all over the place wearing these priceless treasures. Lesson learned.