Opponent Audio Recap(Rams Announcers)- HILARIOUS

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Not an ounce of objective to share between those two. I would be embarrassed to have them as the team announcers. Love to have fans like that to watch the game with though.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Wow. We are blessed to have Raible. Awful, awful stuff.

Starrman44

Reaction score
You could tell the Rams had tried to get inspiration from Tate's taunting from the previous game. An undisciplined bunch of smack-talkers took that taunt and tried to come in and "make us pay". I saw them taking every shot available on Tate and constant jawing. You could see the game getting out of hand.

Now, personally, I thought the Seahawks did a great job of not letting it get under their skin.

You can tell that the announcers are mis-representing what is happening on the field and only serving to try and get their audience incensed. It's laughable to say that Lynch punched the defender in the face. Also, regardless of what was going on between Lynch and the defender, Ogletree cannot fly in and hit him once he is out of bounds.

The deal with Langford was a situation where the big guy wouldn't shut up. He had his whine on and was being demonstrative and ended up unintentionally contacting an official. I think the refs could have issued a warning to the benches (mostly the Rams) and I don't think they had to disqualify the guy. However, Langford practically gave the Hawks the touchdown by throwing his helmet. When you are around five yards out, and you have the kind of DLine that they have, it's still not a gimme.

Exittium

Reaction score
Starrman44":3bidsv7n said:
You could tell the Rams had tried to get inspiration from Tate's taunting from the previous game. An undisciplined bunch of smack-talkers took that taunt and tried to come in and "make us pay". I saw them taking every shot available on Tate and constant jawing. You could see the game getting out of hand.

Now, personally, I thought the Seahawks did a great job of not letting it get under their skin.

You can tell that the announcers are mis-representing what is happening on the field and only serving to try and get their audience incensed. It's laughable to say that Lynch punched the defender in the face. Also, regardless of what was going on between Lynch and the defender, Ogletree cannot fly in and hit him once he is out of bounds.

The deal with Langford was a situation where the big guy wouldn't shut up. He had his whine on and was being demonstrative and ended up unintentionally contacting an official. I think the refs could have issued a warning to the benches (mostly the Rams) and I don't think they had to disqualify the guy. However, Langford practically gave the Hawks the touchdown by throwing his helmet. When you are around five yards out, and you have the kind of DLine that they have, it's still not a gimme.
kobebryant":3bidsv7n said:
Very entertaining.

Though if that Langford ejection had happened to a Hawk I would lose my damn mind too. Terrible ejection.

Wrong and wrong.. It wasnt because of the ref walking into his hand.... it was because he pushed the refs hand away which is when the flag was tossed and ejected:

645_1388433700.gif

drdiags

Reaction score
Sounded like a lot of stuff I have read from fans about NFL officials. Nobody likes officiating in the NFL. DeMarco Farr is pretty funny, he couldn't hide his disgust.

Wasn't hilarious to me. Just folks that pull for their team and who thought their team was getting a hose job. The old colonel (Triplette) needs to consider hanging it up. Him, Leavy, Carey and a few others.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1jzk2r1a said:
Axx":1jzk2r1a said:
lol yeah, marshawn shouldve probably been flagged for facemasking a player without a helmet.

But yeah that was hilarious!!!

His stiff arm was legal, you are allowed to push the mask if you don't grab it, he pushed it and the helmet came off, talk to the player or Rams equipment guy, no helmet gaurd his face was there, it's not like Lynch was punching him.
"Oh no, no, no!, you've got to be kidding me, Lynch punches the defender in the face, and the Rams get flagged?" :lol:

RussellMania

Reaction score
Have to be honest, on first viewing I had the same reaction about Kendall being thrown out. I just hate to see that kind of stuff in the NFL. Just for touching his arm? Leave the wussy calls for the NBA.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Exittium":nxe4zy4y said:
Starrman44":nxe4zy4y said:

kobebryant":nxe4zy4y said:
Very entertaining.

Though if that Langford ejection had happened to a Hawk I would lose my damn mind too. Terrible ejection.

Wrong and wrong.. It wasnt because of the ref walking into his hand.... it was because he pushed the refs hand away which is when the flag was tossed and ejected:

645_1388433700.gif

Come on, that is exactly what I am talking about. This is football, ejecting a guy for that is absurd.

What do you mean 'wrong'? Are you telling me that I wouldn't lose my mind if a Hawk got ejected for that weak stuff? Damn sure I would.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Polaris":16pzzy1h said:
Amusing. That said, I will agree with them on one point: The officiating and the crew WAS horrific just in general. They had no control over the game.
It's not their job to take control over either team, that is the Coaches jobs.
Pete pretty much had his players taking the verbal and physical abuse, without retaliation.
He pretty much had his players holding back, and not give the Officials any reason to flag them for stupid retaliation.

Fisher was acting like he expected the Seahawks to play lose, and be penalized more, and looked like he was showing no intention of keeping his players from continuing to try and draw the Seahawks into a pissing match, and with that demeanor, and NOT going up their asses when they come off the field, pretty much told them that they could continue, and the Zebras pretty much had to do their job, and Fishers too.
It was the Rams that were doing all the "Cheap Shit", what else did Fisher, or the Rams players expect the Officials to do in that case?'

The Seahawks have already drawn a bunch of penalties this Season, and it was refreshing to see them dial it back a little.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Exittium":3vcrfxwb said:
Starrman44":3vcrfxwb said:

kobebryant":3vcrfxwb said:
Very entertaining.

645_1388433700.gif

The refs hand is inside the arm of 98 and he hits the other ref coming up. So, I don't quite agree that he was pushing the refs hand away. Maybe inwardly that is what he is attempting to do. Either way, it's kind of interpretation. I still think it was kind of weak to eject a player over that. If that had been Mebane or something, I would be upset a little.

However, that's just my thoughts.

Ram's announcers are brutal. I don't think I could ever listen to them. I would rather follow along on an ESPN Gameday feed with no audio.

chris98251

Reaction score
The ref first walked into the players who's back was turned and let it slide, then he was face to face with him and he pushed his hand away. He could have been tossed by rule for both, the refs see these guys over their careers several times and try to be objective about the emotion of the game. Would you like to see them step things up to the NBA or MLB level where you can't argue calls at all? Maybe get tossed for just disagreeing. Be thankful that they have the leniency they do.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
chris98251":3qzmlrx7 said:
The ref first walked into the players who's back was turned and let it slide, then he was face to face with him and he pushed his hand away. He could have been tossed by rule for both, the refs see these guys over their careers several times and try to be objective about the emotion of the game. Would you like to see them step things up to the NBA or MLB level where you can't argue calls at all? Maybe get tossed for just disagreeing. Be thankful that they have the leniency they do.

This and we also weren't on the field and able to hear what Langford was saying. Altogether, his verbal actions towards the Refs huddle and his physical actions probably ALL led to his ejection. It just wasn't about that one accidental event but the sum of continuous unsportsmanlike and unprofessional conduct .

OP
OP
cacksman

cacksman

Reaction score
drdiags":jw79ko3h said:
Sounded like a lot of stuff I have read from fans about NFL officials. Nobody likes officiating in the NFL. DeMarco Farr is pretty funny, he couldn't hide his disgust.

Wasn't hilarious to me. Just folks that pull for their team and who thought their team was getting a hose job. The old colonel (Triplette) needs to consider hanging it up. Him, Leavy, Carey and a few others.

It's different when it's a pair of professional radio announcers and not your average guy at the bar watching the game. Those guys should be held to a higher standard and since they were clearly not, it's funny.

djb28

Reaction score
That Ref went to grab his wrist but never made contact because he was upset and emotionally talking with his hands,at which time he hit the ref walking in to frame.. I do not see what people are saying about him ripping an arm away. :?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
djb28":x7z9b3oj said:
That Ref went to grab his wrist but never made contact because he was upset and emotionally talking with his hands,at which time he hit the ref walking in to frame.. I do not see what people are saying about him ripping an arm away. :?

Not ripping an arm but he did more or less smack the ref's arm down after he accidentally knocked the same guy's hat off before and after jawing incessantly with the Head Ref.

253hawk

Reaction score
RussellMania":3n9npfbt said:
Have to be honest, on first viewing I had the same reaction about Kendall being thrown out. I just hate to see that kind of stuff in the NFL. Just for touching his arm? Leave the wussy calls for the NBA.

Someone needed to be the sacrificial lamb (pun intended) for the way the whole defense was behaving the entire game. It took almost 3 full quarters of that crap before the refs finally did what needed to be done. It was a ref meeting, there was no need for Langford to be there. It's not a court of law with a judge, lawyers and a jury. He does not get to argue his case because nothing he does or says is going to affect what is already being conferred over. Coaches get fined all of the time for contacting officials in a less aggressive manner than he did; the only reason they aren't flagged for it is because they aren't players.

People are either blind or love themselves some extreme hyperbole because Lynch didn't even touch Johnson's helmet when it came off. It popped off on its own when Johnson hit Lynch's arm/shoulder with it and all Lynch did was plant his palm on Johnson's chin. It never moved. D'marco Farr can eat a big bag of Dick's. F that homer.

Speaking of homers:
AvengerRam":3n9npfbt said:
Unsportsmanlike conduct by Seahawks = swagger, confidence

Unsportsmanlike conduct by Rams = penalty

AHHH HAHAHAHAHAA...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":213inup9 said:
djb28":213inup9 said:

Not ripping an arm but he did more or less smack the ref's arm down after he accidentally knocked the same guy's hat off before and after jawing incessantly with the Head Ref.

The hitting of the hat was an accident, the pushing the arm away borderline, but when he does all those things while arguing with the refs then he's on very dodgy ground as you say. We arent privy to what he said either, for all we know he told the zebra to go **** himself while being aggressive with his hands.

Of course he lost all chance of feeling hard done by when he chucked his helmet on the turf like a child.