Opponent Audio Recap(Rams Announcers)- HILARIOUS

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Oh and that radio broadcast was hilarious. I bet those guys still can't sit down without a cushion.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
LMAO @ the Lockette hit on the punt. "He got hit early, and still held on to it!" Just like a ball can bounce 20 feet in the air off a forearm, right? The laws of physics apparently don't apply on that field.

This is showing me how lucky we are to have Raible calling our games, these guys are worse than listening to guys get drunk in a bar when watching their team lose.

"Marshawn Lynch took his helmet off and started punching him in the face! I guess that's legal." While running the ball.

Giblien

Reaction score
@ 2:10 - "Oh that false start wasn't crowd noise"...I could barely make out what he said the crowd was so loud. :)

ceej22

Reaction score
Exittium":zd2keg62 said:
Starrman44":zd2keg62 said:
You could tell the Rams had tried to get inspiration from Tate's taunting from the previous game. An undisciplined bunch of smack-talkers took that taunt and tried to come in and "make us pay". I saw them taking every shot available on Tate and constant jawing. You could see the game getting out of hand.

Now, personally, I thought the Seahawks did a great job of not letting it get under their skin.

You can tell that the announcers are mis-representing what is happening on the field and only serving to try and get their audience incensed. It's laughable to say that Lynch punched the defender in the face. Also, regardless of what was going on between Lynch and the defender, Ogletree cannot fly in and hit him once he is out of bounds.

The deal with Langford was a situation where the big guy wouldn't shut up. He had his whine on and was being demonstrative and ended up unintentionally contacting an official. I think the refs could have issued a warning to the benches (mostly the Rams) and I don't think they had to disqualify the guy. However, Langford practically gave the Hawks the touchdown by throwing his helmet. When you are around five yards out, and you have the kind of DLine that they have, it's still not a gimme.
kobebryant":zd2keg62 said:
Very entertaining.

Though if that Langford ejection had happened to a Hawk I would lose my damn mind too. Terrible ejection.

Wrong and wrong.. It wasnt because of the ref walking into his hand.... it was because he pushed the refs hand away which is when the flag was tossed and ejected:

645_1388433700.gif

Come on that's when the flag finally came out but he was reaching for it before that. This gif is at what half speed? Take into account human reaction time and this was clearly for unintentional contact.

Laloosh

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":re1st474 said:
LMAO @ the Lockette hit on the punt. "He got hit early, and still held on to it!" Just like a ball can bounce 20 feet in the air off a forearm, right? The laws of physics apparently don't apply on that field.

This is showing me how lucky we are to have Raible calling our games, these guys are worse than listening to guys get drunk in a bar when watching their team lose.

"Marshawn Lynch took his helmet off and started punching him in the face! I guess that's legal." While running the ball.

I thought the Lockette hit was the most telling as well. Guy contradicted himself completely... hit before the ball even got there, but somehow held on to the ball.

Ram sloot...

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Pretty damned funny.

On the super bright side, at least there is no way in hell that Ref crew gets to job the Superb Owl.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kobebryant":1q8mohuv said:
Very entertaining.

Though if that Langford ejection had happened to a Hawk I would lose my damn mind too. Terrible ejection.

Honestly, if you watch it again, he doesnt' get flagged for hitting the official in the face. The flag comes out once the same official tries to push his arm down, and the player pushes the official's arm away. Once, they'll let it go. Twice, you're going to get flagged. Ejected ? I'd have to know what the guy said.

Those Rams announcers are pretty sad, lol. It's really funny though. They are right while being wrong; the officiating this year has been pretty bad. And officials should get fine for egregiously bad calls.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Reminds me of when Jim Walden did color for WSU football games. So biased it made the entire broadcast sound like a couple old farts in Washtuchna calling a B-11 football game that their grandkids were playing in.

What an embarrassing broadcast. I've never heard an NFL teams announcing crew sound that amateur before. Grow up. I used to respect Farr.

Tokadub

Reaction score
That was pretty hilarious thanks for posting!

They really sound like two drunk guys watching a game at home with some of their comments :D

Reaneypark

Reaction score
seahawk2k":xniagj39 said:
Reminds me of when Jim Walden did color for WSU football games. So biased it made the entire broadcast sound like a couple old farts in Washtuchna calling a B-11 football game that their grandkids were playing in.

What an embarrassing broadcast. I've never heard an NFL teams announcing crew sound that amateur before. Grow up. I used to respect Farr.

I'll give you what you said about Jim Walden, but Bob Robertson has always been one of the best, it's too bad he got saddled with Walden.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":27ml79ba said:
chris98251":27ml79ba said:
The ref first walked into the players who's back was turned and let it slide, then he was face to face with him and he pushed his hand away. He could have been tossed by rule for both, the refs see these guys over their careers several times and try to be objective about the emotion of the game. Would you like to see them step things up to the NBA or MLB level where you can't argue calls at all? Maybe get tossed for just disagreeing. Be thankful that they have the leniency they do.

This and we also weren't on the field and able to hear what Langford was saying. Altogether, his verbal actions towards the Refs huddle and his physical actions probably ALL led to his ejection. It just wasn't about that one accidental event but the sum of continuous unsportsmanlike and unprofessional conduct .
BINGO!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Wow. I would be embarrassed to be a Rams fan after listening to that. What a couple of biased homers and lack of professionalism.

On the other side, that is absolutely hilarious. They are just losing it and I can't count how many times they yell "oh my god!"

Their tears are so delicious.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Reaneypark":87rivarl said:
seahawk2k":87rivarl said:

I'll give you what you said about Jim Walden, but Bob Robertson has always been one of the best, it's too bad he got saddled with Walden.
Listening to Walden was insufferable. He makes Ric Rizz sound anti-mariner!
Always liked Bob Rob.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1vykjapf said:
seahawk2k":1vykjapf said:

With Walden, it kind of made sense. Alot of the coug faithful are sitting in Washtuchna, or on a silo in Cheney, or whatever so a hillbilly, aw shucks, unprofessional broadcast kind of fits its listeners.

NFL broadcasts to St Louis should never sound like a Wazzu farmcast.