One of Bevell's worst called games ever.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":x8vbyu81 said:
Siouxhawk":x8vbyu81 said:
hawksfansinceday1":x8vbyu81 said:
Still waiting................I was very fair and agreed that the o-line is part of the issue with the offense. Please be fair and address the play calling I mentioned. Are you a reasonable and fair poster or a shill for Bevell and T-Jack?
You were fair. I just don't think our gameplan was the primary reason we lost today. Our run game was nonexistent, our line is going to take some time to become cohesive and Russ was noticeably favoring his ankle and being cautious. I'm not in panic mode one bit.
Sigh

Not holding Bevell accountable for having to be cognizant of issues, it's incredible

The Breh

Reaction score
You don't have to be in panic mode to admit our OC is a cotdamn idiot.

OpHawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1b5p78lt said:
The Breh":1b5p78lt said:

He's a new fan. Only explanation really.

So he's a "new fan" because he is new to this board? Sound logic.

There are many knowledgeable Seahawks fans that don't have 3000+ posts on seahawks.net. Some may even have been following football and the Seahawks longer than you if you can believe it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rat":34u9eazm said:
Not much you can do with a hobbled Russ and a dreadful OL.

You could call the game like you did against the Dolphins. Or the entire latter half of last season. Quick-hit passing in order to get the ball out quickly. Instead Pete did what I've been expecting and reverted to the run-first, sidelong-bomb offense - the one that puts more pressure on the O-line - and the results, while actually better than usual, spoke for themselves once they led to PI penalties against the surprisingly good Rams secondary.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
wazzuvius":yhift5ka said:
Do the contributors in this thread already get paid BIG $ because, if not, I think we could do alright with some of this advice and Paul could allocate his money elsewhere.

I'm not kidding. Might as well do a live streaming Twiitter coach format. I like the feedback on this forum better than the progress I've seen on the OL over the last 10 years.
This is a Hawks forum. It is for opinions. They may not jive with yours or mine always.
Everyone is welcomed to their opinion here whether it's right, wrong, or indifferent as long as it's not breaking any forum rules.

Carry on...

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1kebsnrw said:
Ambrose83":1kebsnrw said:
Siouxhawk":1kebsnrw said:
And we've won as many Super Bowls as the Pats in the last 3 years. I believe in our team and our staff.

We should have won two more than the Pats in the last 3 years and I pin that on Bevell too.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1rmngn7i said:
Duplication of last year. Need good line play to get in a rhythm. Wasn't happening much today.

I'm getting tired of this narrative. You can't have an OL that never gives up pressures or keeps their QB totally clean. To need that for your offense means your offense is flawed. Guys are going to get home. Deal with it, and scheme for it.

How does line play explain never making a team paying for blitzing ? you know, they're bringing an extra guy, he's going to get there most likely. (we did call one run play when they blitzed. we got about a 12 yard run on it. we promptly went away from anything making the Rams pay for blitzing).

Russ was getting a good 3-4 seconds to throw the ball. He had enough time. Yes, our run game sucked so we became more one dimensional, but he had enough time. This line blocks WAY better than the line did last year, yet we're scoring less. Explain that.

How does line play explain the fact that we are terrible in the 1st quarter? You know, the quarter that you had a week to game plan for ?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Hawks46":2t86ma1e said:
Siouxhawk":2t86ma1e said:
Duplication of last year. Need good line play to get in a rhythm. Wasn't happening much today.

I'm getting tired of this narrative. You can't have an OL that never gives up pressures or keeps their QB totally clean. To need that for your offense means your offense is flawed. Guys are going to get home. Deal with it, and scheme for it.

How does line play explain never making a team paying for blitzing ? you know, they're bringing an extra guy, he's going to get there most likely. (we did call one run play when they blitzed. we got about a 12 yard run on it. we promptly went away from anything making the Rams pay for blitzing).

Russ was getting a good 3-4 seconds to throw the ball. He had enough time. Yes, our run game sucked so we became more one dimensional, but he had enough time. This line blocks WAY better than the line did last year, yet we're scoring less. Explain that.

How does line play explain the fact that we are terrible in the 1st quarter? You know, the quarter that you had a week to game plan for ?
I don't know if we were watching the same game, but I did not see Wilson consistently having 3-4 seconds to throw. was the pass pro as bad as the run blocking? no. not even close. was it good? no. I agree that our gameplan of long developing routes doesn't help

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ah yes. Back to my default setting.

Fire Bevell.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Our offense in the early 90s was worse?

Let's look at the 1992 team:

In the backfield we had John L Williams and Chris Warren. Chris was a weapon, and I would take John L on the team right now. If you remember Mack Strong, he was a much more dangerous better version of him.

At WR I only remember 2, Tommy Kane and Brian Blades. Kane was solid but Blades was spectacular. Certainly the equal of anyone we have now as a possession WR and a threat.

The OL is automatically better since an OL consisting of half chewed brown paper bags would likely be better.

I am absolutely certain we would have scored more than 3 lousy points against the Rams with the 1992 offense. So I am not sure what the argument that Bevell does not terminally suck is, since the 1992 team had no QB, what is the excuse today?

We have a better roster, but adding Bevell to the mix makes it harder, because as much as that team sucked at least we had a reason, the terrible QB. This team just sucks because our OC cannot do his job.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1kisjcd2 said:
OpHawk":1kisjcd2 said:
NFSeahawks628":1kisjcd2 said:
The Breh":1kisjcd2 said:

He's a new fan. Only explanation really.

So he's a "new fan" because he is new to this board? Sound logic.

There are many knowledgeable Seahawks fans that don't have 3000+ posts on seahawks.net. Some may even have been following football and the Seahawks longer than you if you can believe it.

No, he's a new fan because...

It's pretty absurd to be a longtime fan and not know the issues we have had with Bevell over the years, why else would he be defending him?

I could care less what his post count is, crazy talk is crazy talk.

We've had the same conversation for the last three years did it suddenly change, is there now someone else causing these offensive woes?

djb28

Reaction score
"our line is going to take some time to become cohesive "

Yeah. We say this every season.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Ambrose83":okjd8g49 said:
Siouxhawk":okjd8g49 said:
Weird, so how do the pats and other teams with suspect o lines put up so many pts?
Pats score 31 against a team that we could barely beat. They have a 2nd string Rookie starting and have the 3rd string come in and still do damage. It makes no sense

Hawks46

Reaction score
davidonmi":3mr3h0yh said:
Hawks46":3mr3h0yh said:
Siouxhawk":3mr3h0yh said:

I don't know if we were watching the same game, but I did not see Wilson consistently having 3-4 seconds to throw. was the pass pro as bad as the run blocking? no. not even close. was it good? no. I agree that our gameplan of long developing routes doesn't help

I watched a game where Wilson clearly wasn't mobile and couldn't change direction or make a spin move if he had to.

And the Rams had exactly 2 sacks. Which is the best output our OL has displayed in the last 2 years against that team.

Forget QB hits. Most of the Rams QB "hits' were after Wilson had released the ball, the WR already had it, and he's getting ear holed by someone and not getting a call. Seriously, the hits were a non factor.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
djb28":1rsczkun said:

Exactly. And what's happened the last 4 seasons ... we've grown as a team and made the playoffs each year. That's a cyclical pattern I'll happily accept year in and year out. It's beyond me why so many on here don't see that.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":37laohcr said:
djb28":37laohcr said:

Exactly. And what's happened the last 4 seasons ... we've grown as a team and made the playoffs each year. That's a cyclical pattern I'll happily accept year in and year out. It's beyond me why so many on here don't see that.

Painting ourselves into a corner and taking any sort of leeway out of game situations...it doesn't have to be this way.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1dhy7vpx said:
Siouxhawk":1dhy7vpx said:
djb28":1dhy7vpx said:

Painting ourselves into a corner and taking any sort of leeway out of game situations...it doesn't have to be this way.
By and large, we are the ones dictating the tempo. We'll get back to dominating on both sides of the ball. We're 1-1 and our coaching staff is one of the best in the league at making the necessary adjustments to get us clicking again.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":f9ei6p6j said:
mrt144":f9ei6p6j said:
Siouxhawk":f9ei6p6j said:
djb28":f9ei6p6j said:

By and large, we are the ones dictating the tempo. We'll get back to dominating on both sides of the ball. We're 1-1 and our coaching staff is one of the best in the league at making the necessary adjustments to get us clicking again.

We'll see if they make adjustments, it'd just be a shame to be behind the 8 ball halfway through the season again and in 'must win' situations. It's possible the O line is even worse this year than last.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkerD":3e79flo2 said:
Ambrose83":3e79flo2 said:
Siouxhawk":3e79flo2 said:
Weird, so how do the pats and other teams with suspect o lines put up so many pts?
Pats score 31 against a team that we could barely beat. They have a 2nd string Rookie starting and have the 3rd string come in and still do damage. It makes no sense
THIS!!