Old news but news to me: Luck got more RoY votes than RW

nwgamer

Reaction score
McGruff":2dqzq0jc said:
How do we know Luck's team was bad? Luck supporters have an inherent contradiction in their argumentation. It goes something like this . . .

Luck fan: Luck took a team that won two games in 2011 and won 11 games. Luck alone did this, the rest of the team was a two win team . . .

Luck critic: that two win team won 10 games the year prior. It was injuries and bad coaching that made them play down to two wins. in reality Andrew Luck took a healthy ten win team and added a win.

Luck fan: the new GM and coach completely turned over the roster in 2012. It wasn't the same team as the 2010-2011 team.

The problem is the second response undermines the first. We're the 2012 Colts simply the 2011 Colts plus Andrew Luck, or were they an entirely different team? The answer is largely the latter. Ad if that's the case, why are all the wins attributed to the single player, rather than the largely new roster and entirely new coaching staff? Perhaps the win increase has as much to do with remaining vets being healthy, new players across the board stepping up (rookies Vic Ballard, TY Hilton, Dwayne Allen, veterans Donnie Avery, Samson Satele, Vontae Davis) and a coachingstaff that won coach of the year?

The Colts improvement in record was not due to the addition of Luck. it was a perfect storm of health, player acquisition and improvement and quality coaching. In other words, it was a team achievement.

This. Seriously, that showman of an owner in Indy put the absolute WORST quarterbacks on the field that year. No leadership, no faith, etc by the team , they suxored pretty bad. Then voila' in comes Luck and they're awesome again? The team was great. The QB's they chose were the worst. I can't decide if it was the most underhanded scheme of all time to tank the season by your own sabotage, or the most ingenious. I don't want to take anything away from Luck but I refuse to give him the credit for "turning a losing team into a winning one".

Hawks46

Reaction score
Wilson tied (or would've broken) Manning's rookie record in the last game of the season. From what I understand, the voting was already over then, so it wouldn't have made a difference.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":1mvf3u9c said:
I'm with you more often than not Kearly, but this was and is ridiculous. Find 5 Colts games from this season to watch and come back here and tell us what you found. Andrew Luck was from another planet this season, and it is one of those things you'll just never understand until you watch it.

Andy Dalton? How can we quantify this for some sort of friendly wager?

Once upon a time I had doubts about Luck. I have since admitted I was terribly wrong and moved on with my life. Dude, he's really, really good. Is he going to be Peyton Manning? Who knows? But Andy Dalton?

He's got Dalton written all over him. Book it!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think RGIII and Wilson were lumped into being very comparable, with Luck representing the 'classic' QB. I'm not saying I agree with the logic, but it's just how I understand it...

If the race was between Wilson and Luck, most of the Griffin voters would have swayed to Wilson, so I don't really see Wilson as coming in 3rd. If not for Griffin Luck would have been second and Wilson 1st.

At least that's what I've told myself to have it all make sense.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
As RW and Luck are currently facing off in the Madden voting we have something of a rematch happening :)

Latest posts