Okung status?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Seaswab":3htot0e9 said:
He was standing there ready to go back in. This s all we need. Our line was crap already

he was standing there, but he was limping badly when he moved.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Garcon opted against surgery and still missed six weeks last year with a similar injury. Says the toe still bothers him. Sean Lee opted for surgery and missed the last 10 games of the season.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Unless it's super minor he's going to miss a while. I had the same injury when I was a teenager (trampoline, super manly way to get hurt) and took a month and a half for me to not be limited pretty badly by it. He might have significantly better treatment options but he's also about 200 pounds heavier and his job requires a lot of pushing off with his feet.

Time for a rookie to step up I guess, he should be back before the end of the season. Lots of big injuries around the league this week.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sure hope he's back in time for Houston. I think we will need to be very healthy for that trip. Turf toe is a bitch. Unless I'm mistaken, I think it ended Ogden's career. But that was then....I advise Mr. Okung to head to Switzerland, post haste.

PGunning101

Reaction score
Alvin Bailey time.

Time for another Hawks undrafted star to break out.

I have total and absolute faith in our depth.

Just need Okung back and healthy at the end of the year.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
You think we will need him against JJ Watt? You don't say?

Get used to seeing our 10 million dollar tight end playing tackle again

pmedic920

Reaction score
So, do we know for sure what the injury is? I read someplace that it might be a toenail thing. Sorry cant put up the link, not sure where I read it. Has an official statement been made in regards to his injury?

lukerguy

Reaction score
If the hawks are smart, they will shut Okung down two weeks longer than the diagnostic states.

Last year Garcon had a very similar issues. He hurt it week 1. Then sat out 2 weeks. Tried to push it back to early and re-aggravated it, then was out for 6 more weeks.

IMO, with tendon issues, you can't be too safe.. we should wait until week 12 bye to make sure he is 100% for the play-offs.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Gap Filler":s0m8zo8d said:
You think we will need him against JJ Watt? You don't say?

Get used to seeing our 10 million dollar tight end playing tackle again

We will use anyone we have to protect RW, regardless of the players position or salary. You make it sound like the injury to Okung was a simple matter of poor planning. The whining makes you sound like a converted 9er fan.

hawk45

Reaction score
I think the whining makes him sound like a guy who's watched Okung be plagued by injuries year after year.

Okung is a good player but it's frustrating to hold your breath every time he steps on the field. Nothing wrong with also being frustrated that Miller can't be used as a weapon....again.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
hawk45":qe08jj5r said:
I think the whining makes him sound like a guy who's watched Okung be plagued by injuries year after year.

Okung is a good player but it's frustrating to hold your breath every time he steps on the field. Nothing wrong with also being frustrated that Miller can't be used as a weapon....again.

He was injured his rookie year, then in year two, Trent Cole hip tossed him, or he'd have made it through the last two seasons healthy. Not sure why one trouble plagued season equals a guy plagued by injuries year after year. I'm glad I didn't get the overreaction gene so many here did.

They lost him in the middle of a game, against a great front seven and survived. Now they get to plan for him to not be there and they play Jax and Indy two out of three weeks. We have enough everywhere else to overcome JJ Watt.

This is what championship teams do. All the time. Overcome injuries....Ask the Patriots.. Not enough DBs to play nickel? Okay, we'll get Troy Brown to play corner and we'll win a Super Bowl while we do it.

This team has talent pouring out of it's ears, and they'll do the same thing.

Alvin Bailey, you're up???

Sturm

Reaction score
Zach Miller doesn't need to stay in and block now that we have Kellen Davis on the roster.

hawk45

Reaction score
mjwhitay":28rkqo13 said:
hawk45":28rkqo13 said:

He was injured his rookie year, then in year two, Trent Cole hip tossed him, or he'd have made it through the last two seasons healthy. Not sure why one trouble plagued season equals a guy plagued by injuries year after year. I'm glad I didn't get the overreaction gene so many here did.

They lost him in the middle of a game, against a great front seven and survived. Now they get to plan for him to not be there and they play Jax and Indy two out of three weeks. We have enough everywhere else to overcome JJ Watt.

This is what championship teams do. All the time. Overcome injuries....Ask the Patriots.. Not enough DBs to play nickel? Okay, we'll get Troy Brown to play corner and we'll win a Super Bowl while we do it.

This team has talent pouring out of it's ears, and they'll do the same thing.

Alvin Bailey, you're up???

Let me explain. Injury plagued refers to a player with a history of injuries. Put all the spin on it you like, he's had 1 season in 4 that's been injury free.

I don't count on Okung being out there all season and I do believe we'll be fine without him.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The season goes on. We keep winning. Next man up.

As long as the D keeps playing at the same level (and I think they're only going to get better) I don't see a loss on our schedule with or without big Russ.

And no, i'm not predicting an undefeated season, but I don't see any game where we shouldn't be favored to win.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3urwjhks said:
The season goes on. We keep winning. Next man up.

As long as the D keeps playing at the same level (and I think they're only going to get better) I don't see a loss on our schedule with or without big Russ.

And no, i'm not predicting an undefeated season, but I don't see any game where we shouldn't be favored to win.

That is our starting left tackle. Without him Russell is going to be hit more. I don't like that. This isn't just "next man up".

Latest posts