Officiating

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NFL has an upcoming issue to deal with when it comes to officiating, it's the integrity of the game.

The officiating is getting worse and worse, watch any game between any 2 teams and you rarely see a well officiated game in the NFL. Unfortunately I don't see things changing until "a legacy team" loses a big game because of piss poor officiating (see Wail Mary game).

The NFL is more worried about what headphones the players are using then the state of their piss poor officiating and how they need to fix it, their priorities are out of whack!

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Things are not going to change until the NFL has full time refs, refs that practice same as the players and are held accountable like the players. I mean think about what we have now, Dr's. Lawyers, school teachers, etc.. I don't want some guy worried about his case in court on Monday when he's reffing a game. Think about it if being a ref was your second job would you be as concerned about doing a good job as you would be if it was your only job?

Definitely need more accountability, sick of all the blown calls only to say later "sorry we screwed up", you start fining refs for bad calls or suspending guys for bad calls, I'll guarantee you will see an improvement in officiating.

Just my .02. carry on.

Ruminator

Reaction score
One team being good enough to completely blow out another team should never be justification for the league or the officials to modify the way the game is handled. If my favorite team sucked and had to face a powerhouse team, I wouldn't want the refs to give my team a few favors to make the contest appear more evenly matched than it really is. Why play the game at all if the entity with the powerful authorization to penalize -- the referees -- is motivated to hand out penalties for reasons other than to penalize a player for breaking a rule?

On the field, the game should only be about the players playing and the coaches coaching, with any and all penalties called fair and square regardless of who the teams are and how dominant or weak they may be. If people start turning off their TVs during blowouts, well then that's just too bad. The NFL can figure out other ways to generate income.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
If the league is worried about blow outs on nationally televised games, why would they but the skins on Monday night football? Especially against the reigning SB Champs.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says...That head bob call was a joke. Period.

endzorn

Reaction score
I think the line judge is going to get downgraded for his windup and release point when he throws a flag. I think we can all agree that a Tim Tebow clone has no place on a football field. If he links up with a throwing coach and shortens his delivery I feel like he has a real future in the league.

Polaris

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3acf8q71 said:
If the league is worried about blow outs on nationally televised games, why would they but the skins on Monday night football? Especially against the reigning SB Champs.

Because the schedule was made months ago, and RGIII was supposed to be the starting QB for Washington, and Seattle was supposed to be suffering from a post-Superbowl Hangover. Also this is in effect supposed to be one of Seattle's prime-time games since the Networks (and I believe this has been confirmed) do not want to show Seattle at home in prime-time unless contractually obligated to do so (Season opener)....because Seattle has a bad habit of making prime-time opponents look like sisters of the poor in the Clink.

When the game was scheduled the geniuses (suits) in the NFL thought this was going to be a very important game with a sexy QB match-up.

C-HAWK84

Reaction score
Any team could be great at the beginning of the season.... no way to know what team should be kept from prime time games while making the schedule. The league needs to realize that and except a possible blow out, not use refs to mitigate.

My main question is how the Percy false start play was allowed to continue? If thats what you throw the flag for then the play should've been blown dead. Its quite odd that the ref let it go and only after the td, was it made a point. Thats what gets me... I agree that yes while yes there were plenty of flags that (no matter how petty) were legit. Why such an ill conceived flag? Just to stop the TD is all that comes to mind. Please let me know if there is something that will clear this up.