Odds of Den being able to trade Wilson at a steep loss?

Ruminator

Reaction score
The quarter-billion-dollar man is amazing! In the Colts game, he got his offense close enough to the end zone for the kicker to make a field goal not only in the first quarter, but also in the second and third quarters!!!

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if they benched him? Since they're already paying for a backup, might as well try - could Rypien be any worse? Maybe Wilson needs to sit for a bit and collect himself.
I suspect his "injury" may get worse or he might get another "injury" that could take him out for a while if things keep going the way they have been.

chrispy

Reaction score
There are ways to cut him loose, but it's expensive. If the new owners see profitability declining and no end in sight, it's worth the cost. You could just eat the cap situation. Or...Package RCW and Sutton or other top end players and send it all somewhere that's willing to eat some of the cap. I bet Belichick could help RCW by putting him in his place and building a simple/effective Offensive system. The option exists, but unlikely. More likely is Hackett gets fired around week 10. Whatever happens, remember there are picks next year too, so their implosion lasting 2 seasons is a hopeful proposition for Seahawks. The 2 first round picks of Okung/Thomas put the PC/JS era in motion. They'll have that much draft ammo 2 years running this time.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
ESPN just popped off on Russell

I think it's funny that there is still this narrative that the plays going down to the last second is a problem with the HC when it's the exact same issue Russ had in Seattle.

It's interesting to learn (because I didn't know) that Hackett got brought on by previous ownership and Russ with the new ones. I wouldn't be surprised if Russ gets to call his own stuff because Hackett thinks he has to treat Russ like an assistant coach.

There is going to be interesting stories coming out of this Denver franchise this offseason...

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
There are ways to cut him loose, but it's expensive. If the new owners see profitability declining and no end in sight, it's worth the cost. You could just eat the cap situation. Or...Package RCW and Sutton or other top end players and send it all somewhere that's willing to eat some of the cap. I bet Belichick could help RCW by putting him in his place and building a simple/effective Offensive system. The option exists, but unlikely. More likely is Hackett gets fired around week 10. Whatever happens, remember there are picks next year too, so their implosion lasting 2 seasons is a hopeful proposition for Seahawks. The 2 first round picks of Okung/Thomas put the PC/JS era in motion. They'll have that much draft ammo 2 years running this time.
We already used the first of those picks in this past draft. Cross was from Denvers first round pick in the trade

Latest posts