No Call--False Start

253hawk

Reaction score
That's pretty alarming, considering teams have to play extra tough against a physical team like Seattle -- but they somehow do so while drawing well below their season average? 6 teams so far have slashed the yardage by at least half against us.

Gametime

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1mswkgge said:
253hawk":1mswkgge said:
Refs are horrible. Look where Clowney was lined up on this play that ended up in a pick-6 (because he got a great jump and near instant pressure on Dalton) making it a way closer game than it had any right to be.

ZFU0wDD
This one is pretty bad . Wow how you miss that!?! Your looking right down the line for exactly that!!

If you take into consideration the camera angle and the rotation of the earth, one could assume that the ref....................nope. I got nothing. That's BAD! hahaha.

Pak40.

Reaction score
253hawk":16gdnxvx said:
Refs are horrible. Look where Clowney was lined up on this play that ended up in a pick-6 (because he got a great jump and near instant pressure on Dalton) making it a way closer game than it had any right to be.

ZFU0wDD

I was watching that game, I noticed that he was lined up there, but he did move back before the ball was snapped.

Tokadub

Reaction score
One thing I noticed was that the refs didn't start calling penalties against the Cardinals until there was no way the Cardinals could possibly win.

In the 1st half there was just 1 penalty against Arizona (2nd quarter), but it was a play that our entire Defense was jumping up and down for the False Start and the ref threw the flag with noticeable delay.

The 2nd penalty against Arizona came with 52 seconds left in the 3rd quarter ON THEIR VERY FIRST PLAY AFTER WE TOOK A 19-3 LEAD!???

The 3rd and final penalty against Arizona came just 4 plays after the 2nd...

It seems to me that the refs were doing their best to hold the flags against Arizona, they were forced to throw one flag after our entire defense pointed jumping up and down at the false start after they ignored it the first time... And then they threw 2 more "padding" type penalties against Arizona when we took a 16 point lead with only about 15 minutes remaining.

If that's a coincidence... I donno, seems pretty obvious to me. I sort of think that the NFL is trying it's best to get Arizona into the Superbowl. It would be the home team hosting in great weather during the winter, their revenues would be insane compared to any other NFC team making the Super Bowl. I'm not an economist but that seems to make sense from a business standpoint.

I haven't watched every Arizona game but the ones I have it seems like the refs always go easy on them. For example in the 2 games before they played Seattle Fitzgerald had two catches with his back turned from the spot and it seemed like the ball never crossed and it shouldn't have been a first down. In the Detroit game it was with 2:30 remaining in the 4th quarter just one play after Detroit called their final timeout so they were unable to challenge the spot and never had a chance to make a final drive in a 1 score game... it was very fishy to me.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":1rsbh76s said:
NFL officiating is garbage and even Pete came out today in the presser saying some rather inflammatory things about it, at least it was inflammatory for Pete.

He basically said they're not calling penalties on the other team. I think he's right, we tend to get quite a few ticky tack calls when the other side gets to false start without it getting called, hit people out of bounds, hit helmet to helmet, etc.

I hope Pete's comments get the attention of the NFL office and the ref's.
Oh, it probably does, but it probably just pisses them off, because the Shitty Officiating just keeps on porking the dog, and making stupid calls/non-calls, and the NFL office keeps the clowns employed, no matter how much they screw up the games.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3rbilmdd said:
He has a point:
jblaze":3rbilmdd said:
NFL officiating is garbage and even Pete came out today in the presser saying some rather inflammatory things about it, at least it was inflammatory for Pete.

He basically said they're not calling penalties on the other team. I think he's right, we tend to get quite a few ticky tack calls when the other side gets to false start without it getting called, hit people out of bounds, hit helmet to helmet, etc.

I hope Pete's comments get the attention of the NFL office and the ref's.

Looks like teams playing us still have the lowest penalties called/yards in the NFL.

C'mon guys, when teams play us they just magically clean up their game!! :D

Count - 4.36 <--- lowest in NFL
Yards - 36 <--- lowest in NFL
That's just flat out infuriating man. Thanks for posting this. I'm guessing Pete's been armed with this stat when talking to the league office.
More proof they're doing everything in their power to keep us from re-pete-ing (3rd straight year on the road on Thurs. night, only one prime time home game, etc.)?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Reaneypark":17miyebh said:
It was so bad, I almost passed out when they called two holding penalties on AZ.

And the hit on Norwood was ridiculous. Kam would have probably been ejected for doing the same thing.

Michael Bennett might be the most mugged player in the NFL and never get a call. I was shocked they called that penalty on AZ too.

Polk738

Reaction score
I've been noticing this ALL year, it really does seem like the league is against the seahawks being successful again this season, the brutal schedule, 1 primetime home game, the ticky tacky calls and non-calls. Think about some of these games we've lost this year, or came close to losing-the called back harvin touchdowns, Baldwin's shove in the back, the fumble at the end of the Rams game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We have all been Biatzin' about the inequality of calls all season. I'm sure the Seahawks get more apology letters from the NFL than any other team, not that that makes any difference. Pete even commented upon this after this last game.

The league will continue to do nothing, as per usual, except fine people for wearing wrong coloured socks or not talking to the media when they are hurt. At some point the public is going to realize the fix is in, fairness means nothing; the NFL are only in it for the money, real football means little to them, don't really give a crap about the players, are dishonest with their discipline, and are the biggest hypocrites around. They will kill the golden goose with their atrocious attention to basic equality in refereeing.

The fact the team is still hanging in despite this unfairness means that if things ever even out (don't hold your breath) they could be very dangerous going forward.

Rainger

Reaction score
What I find most interesting is that so many people think that all the officials are all trying and none are dishonest and trying to manipulate the game. If you say they are trying to change the result and are corrupt you get the old answer calling you a conspiracy theorist and it is only" mistakes". Those defending the refs don't want to believe that calls could be deliberate and corrupt.

However I ask this. What percentage of the general population are dishonest??? Is it 10% 20 more? Well what ever number you come up with that is probably the percent of dishonest refs in the NFL. It is unbelievable that so many can believe that 100% of the refs are honest? If Basketball or Baseball can have a ref trying to manipulate the result, why can't that happen in football? If it is 20% then you have a corrupt ref in every crew or 2 or more in others.

Anyone who believes that all 100% of the refs are honest and only making "mistakes" because they are incompetent is delusional and has their head in the sand. Yes Salk this also includes you.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I don't like it when people (Mike Salk) dismiss any data that indicates bias or corruption being exercised by powerful institutions (e.g., the NFL) because they don't believe in "conspiracy theories." Labeling something a "conspiracy theory" or "a fantasy" to cut off the debate instead of analyzing the data and coming to a viewpoint supported by the data is lazy thinking and lazy living. The truth is some people don't want to consider the data and possibly modify their position because to do so would either challenge their past beliefs or behavior or would challenge what they want to believe about the world (or about sports in this case). If you ran a regression formula with the penalty data, you would find there is a clear correlation between other teams playing Seattle and reduced penalty yards during those games, so if the reason isn't referee bias then Salk and others like him should put forward a plausible alternative explanation rather than just dismissing it as a wacko conspiracy theory.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
I love Earl Thomas tweet after the... Rams game I think it was. Where he posted "we r playing more than r opponents, we r playing the referees too. I don't care what nobody say. That needs to be brought up"

Nice to see the players see it too, not just us 12 fans :lol:

:49ersmall:

Latest posts