No broadcst in Alaska

scakfan

Reaction score
What gives we these networks (CBS) showing the 9er game instead of our hometown team Seattle (I'm from Wasilla AK). They didn't show one of the Seattle's games last year also. I watched the 9er beat down though, so that was a good consolation game. Kaep showed his true colors as he never threw to a spot but only to open receivers and he missed badly many times over. Roman abandoned the run early even though it was quite productive for them. If anybody comes across a YouTube video of today's Seattle game posting a link would be much appreciated

Seafan

Reaction score
It has happened in Washington in the early years, not Seattle but other parts of the state. Sounds like a local broadcaster decision. Of course Seattle has had blackouts before but those days are long gone.

Cartire

Reaction score
Honestly, as stupid as this sounds, make a formal complaint. Alaska is considered Hawk territory. If broadcasters dont recognize that, they need to hear about it to change it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Cartire":1oo5tcov said:
Honestly, as stupid as this sounds, make a formal complaint. Alaska is considered Hawk territory. If broadcasters dont recognize that, they need to hear about it to change it.
I agree. I'd recommend writing a letter to the local affiliate as well as one to the network itself.

The Radish

Reaction score
Susitnagel & Frosty both live in Wasilla and I thought they always got Seahawks games up there.

Susi-gal doesn't get to watch to much anymore but I hadn't heard any different.

I do know that she used to have some stream somewhere for away games.

OP
OP
S

scakfan

Reaction score
I'll get ahold of the local affiliate but not sure it their decision. Getting it streamed is also not an option as the NFL has us as Seattle territory so we are blacked out for that.

ak3000

Reaction score
I clinged to my radio all afternoon. Not a drinker so I didn't want to go to a sports bar. Been spoiled by FOX. I know from other people
the program coordinator for the local fox station is a huge seahawks fan so that is why they are always broadcasted. Just one more cbs game to suffer through vs titans and we should be ok

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
The CBS Anchorage affiliate refuses to broadcast Hawks games. Bob and I both bitched last year. They responded to him and then copied that same response and replied to me and called me Bob. NFL rules say Alaska is an open NFL market. I have to purchase NFL ticket because of them.

OP
OP
S

scakfan

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":2lssbitt said:
Plenty of sites to stream free online. Never miss a game

Seemed like I tried that before with no luck. Any suggestions as whom to use and paid or free?

LunchBox

Reaction score
I lived up there the last six years and only saw the Hawks on CBS one time. It was the Jets game last year.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I get the same crap here in Montana. Denver and Minnesota have the most followers with the Seahawks coming in 3rd. After that it's pretty much a wash. Even though Minnesota and Denver weren't playing, they still didn't show the Seahawks and went with the 49ers game too. Just can't win....

Latest posts